does the emg alx give a wah'ish effect?

I don't have any recording gear, but I'll see if a friend of mine has his recording gear still.

I do remember that now.....that was about right when I got it.

Yeah, I'm using my J-50BC + Je-1000... I don't if your sound would be the same because the J-80 isn't as crunchy as the J-50BC. do you also have the KOrg PX4D?

No, but I'm about to get one soon. I was thinking about JCM 800, but I don't know how that would work and if I will even get the same tone out of the thing.

Dude, I have a JcM 800 in my rehearsal place! It sounds sooooo awesome! But not as awesome as it sounds only with the JCM 800 without the Korg

I have few questions:

1. I can connect the KORG to the JCM 800 right?
2. What if you perform on live stage, can you still get the same sound with the KORG connected to JCM 800 (head this time). Or I gotta get some serious gear for that. Overall I wanna know if the KORG is made for home fan playing thing, or it works on stage as well.

Thanks! Anyways I'm gonna buy the KORG, but I just wanted some additional info on things.

1. Yes.
2. The Korg is good for home recordings but I wouldn't use it live. If you will ever have the chance to try the Korg with a real amp you will hear what I mean

So if I buy JCM 800 combo for home playing, then it's all fine. Well that suits me, as for gigs I have plenty of time untill that happens.

I installed the EMG ALX with ABQ and can't get as much wah effect out of it as <Arcane> gets out of his JE-1000. I don't know if my shitty amp is to blame.

It's still loads better than my old pickup in my guitar.

It doesn't have as much wah effect as the JE. Did you try any of the other freq settings? I found some of those to give more of the effect.

Also, don't scoop your mids or it will not sound wah-ish.

Can you suggest what settings I should use for the Tone and Gain knobs on the amp and the gain boost on the ABQ?
I did try all the different dip switch settings, but I found that the stock one was the best.

Not sure about settings with your amps as they are all diff.

On mine:
Gain:7
Bass: 6.5
Mids: 7
Highs: 6
Presence: 7

But I also have a 10 band eq in the f/x loop that also boosts the mids and bass a bit and a tube screamer (which adds a little to the mids)

With my amp like this I can get AYDY and BD tones pretty close. Then if I push the mid boost button in on my amp it then gets a tone very very similar to the Souix City Sasp tone.

On the ABQ I have to gain boost all the way down. Right now I have it in its preset "Alexi" setting.

The biggest thing is to NOT scoop the mids. I have noticed the more mids I add the more "wah-ish" it sounds.

Hmm, i know it looks like I have a habit of buying junk by this, but I should look up my old Marshall Jackhammer and see if I can boost some mids with that.

My damn amp has only a "tone" knob, which I usually have at either 9 or 12.

So what if you paired up the JE 1000 with an EMG 81 instead of the J 50bc would it just give an excessive amount of gain and give you a shitty sound ?

That would be the most stupidest thing ever - pairing a active pickup (which already has preamp) with a preamp which is designed to work with passives.

Btw Arcane, on that recording that you did on the first page, what are your settings on the JE-1000. I'm trying to get it right, but I can't. Is the gain knob on max, how many switches, etc? I made a prototype of the JE-1000, I'll post a pictures later.