Donate tickets?

musicsnob

Cock of Knowledge
Mar 25, 2003
I found out today that I'll probably be deployed to an unfriendly location this fall for at least six months, precluding my attendance at PP. I wonder if I could donate my gold badge ticket to some one without losing my spot on the list. Should have an extra pre-party ticket, too, at that rate...

Kevin

I think your only problem is that in order for someone to pick up the gold badge, they have to be on the list, meaning you have to talk to Glenn about it. Otherwise you need to show up at the show and give them your badge to not loose your spot in line. If this is true, the one way I see getting by this is exchanging your spot in line with someone you know will give the gold badge rights back to you next year or just eat the cost (if you're donating it, you kind of are already).
Depending on what happens, I'd have no problem taking over the badge and returning the rights to you next year. To pay it forward, I could always donate my regular ticket to someone.

I think Glenn would grant a dispensation for one of our fighting men who carries the banner of freedom so Glenn would have the ability to put on a show for us. To do otherwise would be ingratitude to our Servicemen and women of the highest order.

On behalf of all of us, Musicnob, Thank You for your sacrifice and service to our country. Now, come back safe. OK?

Peace,
Ray C.

I found out today that I'll probably be deployed to an unfriendly location this fall for at least six months, precluding my attendance at PP. I wonder if I could donate my gold badge ticket to some one without losing my spot on the list. Should have an extra pre-party ticket, too, at that rate...

Kevin
Well, my son will be there too starting mid-summer sometime (as you know exact dates and locations are "classified" :rolleyes: ) Don't know exactly where you'll be, but there'll be a least one other metal-head in the area. Maybe you'll meet; stranger things have happened. Hope you all come back safe. I'll be praying for you both. :cry:

Can't say it enough Kevin (and Ambr's son as well)........Thank you for all you do! Get home safe and sound.

Dude, I've been there and that sucks (I missed PP4,5 and 6 for lovely trips to Diego Garcia, Afghanistan and Iraq). Stay safe man, our thoughts will be with you...