dont buy from cdinzane

While i do think that CD Inzane have covered any legal obligation they owe to their customers, it would appear that they could probably do more QA of their customer service and perhaps reassess using USPS as a primary carrier. Terms and conditions of sale cover a company for any unfortunate or unlikely dramas with their products, however redirecting a customer to them and basically saying 'hardi har, you agreed to this so tough' is pretty pathetic customer service. If i was a company with a relatively small customer base, i'd probably be doing everything within my power, and reasonable use of resources, to ensure that all transactions went as smoothly as possible, taking into consideration likely contingencies like 'cd lost in the mail'. But, i digress: the company are covered, and you didn't purchase the insurance they advised you of. Shit times, but these things do happen.

Selling isn't just about ordering merchandise, processing/listing it and then selling it... it's also about occasionally taking a small loss to show good faith to customers if their order is lost/damaged in shipment. Those guys throw out b.s. comments about selling dozens or hundreds of x title, which they do not, claim they have all theses exclusives, a lie, and the list goes on. And "you're SOL because no insurance" is just another nail in the coffin.

Similar experience here with CDInzane. Similar response from the "Customer Service". They could be selling every CD for $1.00, and I would pass them by. Surprised they are still in "business".

Buyer beware, indeed.

Agreed. I've always loved checking out the new tunes at CDInzane, and the cd list is amazing. But in this day and age when customer service is the key to a business' success, CdInzane is an EPIC FAIL! There is no compassion or care for the customers issue, only a..."Fuck you, you didn't take our desired way of shipping, so you lose... too bad...". I have no problems with the rules of business that CdInzane follows, but instead of a big fuck you, how about a professional response? Even though you do not have to send a replacement, you can at least give the customer a reacharound, you know what I'm saying? Instead, you just chase the customer away with a shit ton of attitude.

In saying that, I will shop at the CDInzane tables at ProgPower this year, but the mailorder is definitely buyer beware!

But, i digress: the company are covered, and you didn't purchase the insurance they advised you of. Shit times, but these things do happen.

But the guy asked for proof of shipment and they didn't give him that. For all he knows, they stole his money.

I bought some CDs about a week ago from this guy and I heard, nor received, any sort of confirmation about my order. I only had my PayPal email, but nothing indicating that they received my order. I heard nothing for about a week. So I sent an email and got no response...I sent another email (maybe the order didn't go through since I received no confirmation) and then got vitriol from this guy about how much business he does, blah, blah, blah and that I have to wait my turn, and that the CDs I ordered are not in stock, and that he doesn't even list stock on his site...although the website clearly indicates 'quantity in stock.' Then over the course of several unnecessary emails argues with me that I don't know who I'm ordering from. WTF? Never ordering from this place again. If I do, someone virtually smack me. Thanks, T.

4 years later and they still haven't got their shit together? Yup, vintage CDinzane right there. I am sorry that you've ordered from that site, and I would also like to extend my sympathies to all other people who have been subjected to such a raping in the name of online vendors. :loco:

I haven't gotten into a bad-and-forth with them in either of the 2 orders I've made with their "site," I just sat there for weeks (best case scenario) wondering what the fuck was going on. Seems the only service they give their customers is arguments and bullshit rather than the CD that was ordered, which is prioritized at a vastly lower level if any.

I have heard similar stories regarding CDInzane. One friend lost a couple hundred dollars on a sizable purchase that never arrived and, to my knowledge, never received his money back. And customer service was no help. It's very disappointing...

I will say tho, I have always used Laser CD and I cannot express the joy I've had in dealing with them.