Downloading Programs for Metal?

Metal Moose

SwampKnight
Feb 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
www.myspace.com
Hey everyone, I just have a quick question. What programs do people use to download music?

I buy and support metal on a daily basis, but sometimes it's nice to pre-hear cds to see if it's worth it.

I usually use Limewire, but lately nothing I want is on there. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

DC++ or mIRC

keep in mind, though, for some of the hubs on DC++ you need a minimum amount of music to share in order to enter the hub

Yeah another Soulseek user. Used to use DC++, but finding good hubs and then hoping they stay up for more than 2 weeks got real boring. Can find most of what I need from SS.

Wyrd1 said:
Yeah another Soulseek user. Used to use DC++, but finding good hubs and then hoping they stay up for more than 2 weeks got real boring. Can find most of what I need from SS.

There are plenty of stable DC metal hubs, I've been using the same 4 or 5 hubs for over a year now and I pretty much always find what I'm searching for, including the really obscure shit. I don't know much about soulseek, but what I've heard DC is way better.

I don't download too much anymore. I use DC++ whenever I do download though.

I gave up on SoulSeek a while back when I started using DC++, but maybe I should give it another try. I'm getting tired of looking for hubs.

Guthrum said:
I gave up on SoulSeek a while back when I started using DC++, but maybe I should give it another try. I'm getting tired of looking for hubs.
There is only one you should ever need.

GrindStuff (this is seriously one of the best you will ever find)
grindcore.no-ip.org

It isn't just for Grindcore or anything ... it has alot of stuff from ALOT of different genres.

Yeah, Grind Stuff is the best metal hub I've found...there was one called Metal Hub, but I think it got shut down or something

use soulseek or dc++, to actually get anything on soulseek you need to use the wishlist and walk away from your computer for a couple hours (or masturbate or watch some anime or shoot cats or whatever stupid shit you do), because the regular search is uselss.

or you can use usenet so you can not only get mp3s borken up into a million different parts, but u can read the same crap sr prozack was spamming on every metal newsgroup 10 years ago, only today :cool:

Ex-cally-boo said:
There is only one you should ever need.

GrindStuff (this is seriously one of the best you will ever find)
grindcore.no-ip.org

It isn't just for Grindcore or anything ... it has alot of stuff from ALOT of different genres.

I've been using that hub for about a year, but sometimes I still can't find what I'm looking for. I use a few metal hubs though.

Lyle said:
use soulseek or dc++, to actually get anything on soulseek you need to use the wishlist and walk away from your computer for a couple hours (or masturbate or watch some anime or shoot cats or whatever stupid shit you do), because the regular search is uselss.
room searching the black metal room and the death metal room works good though!