Dragonforce for Gigantour or Sounds of the Underground?

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
DRAGONFORCE guitarist Herman Li has told MTV.com that his band are working on securing a spot on an American festival tour — like Sounds of the Underground or Gigantour 2 — so fans who miss them on their short U.S. tour in early May might be able to catch the 'FORCE this summer.

DRAGONFORCE will play their first U.S. gig on April 30 at the New England Hardcore and Metal Festival. Eight additional U.S. club dates have been lined up: May 2 (New York), May 3 (Philadelphia), May 4 (West Springfield, Virginia), May 5 (Cleveland), May 6 (Chicago), May 8 (Denver), May 10 (San Francisco) and May 11 (West Hollywood, California), with PROTEST THE HERO and SANCTITY. Most of those shows have reportedly already sold out.

DRAGONFORCE's third album, "Inhuman Rampage", which was issued in Europe four months back, will receive a U.S. release n June 20 via Roadrunner Records.
------

I am still amazed at the popularity of this band here in the States. I had no idea they were this big. Stratovarius and Gamma Ray who have been around forever are not selling out shows here in the States but Dragonforce is crushing everyone on their first run of the States. Pretty impressive.

I read this a few minutes ago. I think this is great news; It doesn't really matter which festival they are on, they will probably have enough time to play 3 or 4 songs on either. That is just fine though; A quick fix for those of us in love with them and just enough time for those who have no clue about them to royally shit themselves after seeing 1 song. I'm shocked at their popularity as well, and how known they are in many different genre fanbases. All I can say is, I can't wait to see this band perform live. Cheers!

Well, I heard Mustaine is trying to put an old school, kick you in the ass show. This will be great for Dragonforce. To play with the likes of Megadeth, maybe Overkill, Exodus, Testament (bands that he was interested in) in the US will be great exposure. They will fit in the formula just right. Sounds Of The Underground, I don't know, could work fine though...

monstershredder0003 said:
gigantour was awsome last year! who will be the other headliner, or will it be dream theater again?

I read in a few different area's Judas Priest has been offered the slot of headliner this year.

There are so many rumors surrounding Gigantour, and for the most part the bands mentioned have all been awesome.

I'm not a huge fan of Testament, but I'd still love to see them live, as well as the other American thrash bands mentioned. Dragonforce would be awesome in the Gigantour setting.

Sounds of the Underground leaves a bit to be desired, however. I would never go to that tour. When Cannibal Corpse is the best band on the festival tour, there are big problems. So if Dragonforce entered that bill, it still wouldn't be enough (as someone said, a 20 minute set would do them no justice).

I really hope that would be Gigantour and NOT Sounds of the Underground. The rumors I have read for Gigantour are Priest, Anthrax, Overkill, and Venom. Show of the year for sure if it happens.

I'm surprised but glad to hear that a Gigantour 2 is being planned. I missed last year's tour, but I'd love to try and make it this time.

Jasonic said:
I really hope that would be Gigantour and NOT Sounds of the Underground. The rumors I have read for Gigantour are Priest, Anthrax, Overkill, and Venom. Show of the year for sure if it happens.

PRIEST???
Man I am there just for that...... :headbang:

TheGraveDigger said:
DRAGONFORCE guitarist Herman Li has told MTV.com that his band are working on securing a spot on an American festival tour — like Sounds of the Underground or Gigantour 2 — so fans who miss them on their short U.S. tour in early May might be able to catch the 'FORCE this summer.

DRAGONFORCE will play their first U.S. gig on April 30 at the New England Hardcore and Metal Festival. Eight additional U.S. club dates have been lined up: May 2 (New York), May 3 (Philadelphia), May 4 (West Springfield, Virginia), May 5 (Cleveland), May 6 (Chicago), May 8 (Denver), May 10 (San Francisco) and May 11 (West Hollywood, California), with PROTEST THE HERO and SANCTITY. Most of those shows have reportedly already sold out.

DRAGONFORCE's third album, "Inhuman Rampage", which was issued in Europe four months back, will receive a U.S. release n June 20 via Roadrunner Records.
------

I am still amazed at the popularity of this band here in the States. I had no idea they were this big. Stratovarius and Gamma Ray who have been around forever are not selling out shows here in the States but Dragonforce is crushing everyone on their first run of the States. Pretty impressive.

it is indeed awesome...while they definatly have some kick ass stuff, i find their albums hard to stay interested with and listen to more than half of the first 2 at a time

In related news, I saw a rumor that Mustaine has also asked Diamond Head which would rule as well.

Then another rumor stated that Sevendust were asked as well.......

WarningDragonforce.jpg

Jasonic said:
In related news, I saw a rumor that Mustaine has also asked Diamond Head which would rule as well.

Then another rumor stated that Sevendust were asked as well.......

The rumor I read mentioned Opeth and Sevendust so far...that would be pretty cool.

I don't think there is any chance that many of these bands rumored to possibly play G2 will pan out. There is no way born again christian Mustaine will put Venom, Testament, or Exodus on his tour. What I read last year was he was against adding any bands that used satanic imagery.

I could see him adding Venom. It will fill seats. Dave is a businessman too. He isn't stupid. Overkill has mentioned being approached about doing it in recent interviews. I could see Exodus and Testament as well.

Actually, I think as far as rumors go, the ones for Gigantour seem the most realistic.

A couple of people I know spoke to a few of the Overkill members and it is close to a go for Overkill regarding Gigantour. Judas Priest would be a perfect headliner and from what I read it would be Priest going on last not Megadeth. I think Priest, Megadeth,Anthrax with Joey singing and Overkill would be a kick ass tour.

I have to wonder if Mustaine's stance is more against the bands who just go around constantly bashing Christianity, as opposed to the ones who knowingly use the satan schtick imagery as the audio equivalent to a horror movie.

Then again, I could be way off base here.