Dragonforce for Gigantour or Sounds of the Underground?

VeganSupremacy said:
I don't think there is any chance that many of these bands rumored to possibly play G2 will pan out. There is no way born again christian Mustaine will put Venom, Testament, or Exodus on his tour. What I read last year was he was against adding any bands that used satanic imagery.

Exodus opened for Deth for the entire US leg of their tour for The System Has Failed. I think you're being a bit too harsh on him.

Well Arch Enemy seems confirmed. I have never seen Megadeth live... and I enjoy Arch Enemy (they've been on a lot of packaged tours as of late), so maybe I'll get to check this one out. But they will probably need another group that I really like. I'm not a huge Megadeth fan. As a kid, my first album I ever had was Countdown to Extinction, which I absolutely loved. But often their songs just seem... flat and boring.

Arch Enemy what a joke a cant beleive Micheal Arnott did not come out and say difrent but after reading a interview where Angela said she doest owe the fans anything but to get on stage and play!!!!She doesnt want to be bothered with talking signing ETC with the fans !!!!!!!SHE can KISS MY A##!!!So I hope Arch Enemy is not part of G2!!!!!!

sounds of the underground has a fuckin sweet line up right now...so i say throw dragon force on the gigantou. last year it was pretty fuckin sweet. and why does angela of arch enemy hate her fans soo much?

~blondie~ said:
sounds of the underground has a fuckin sweet line up right now...so i say throw dragon force on the gigantour. last year it was pretty fuckin sweet. and why does angela of arch enemy hate her fans soo much?

The lineup isn't really for me--not that it matters since its not coming anywhere near Georgia. Already seen Trivium and In Flames, both good shows and would see them again. Cannibal Corpse... well I honestly somewhat enjoyed their Kill album, as they are one of the few in that genre that actually use their instruments beyond a 3-chord progression. I'd love to see GWAR though. I haven't listened to the other groups. Some of them I should... and will.

--

AS I LAY DYING
IN FLAMES
TRIVIUM
CANNIBAL CORPSE
TERROR
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
BEHEMOTH
THE CHARIOT
THROUGH THE EYES
OF THE DEAD

WITH VERY SPECIAL GUESTS
GWAR

ON SELECT DATES ONLY
EVERGREEN TERRACE
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE (7/14)
SHADOWS FALL (7/26 & 7/28)
VOD (7/16)
IT DIES TODAY (7/26 & 7/28)
STILL REMAINS (7/26 & 7/28)

I really dont know why she has that kind of attitude!!! Hey I got a regular job to come to everyday I would be glad to trade places with her and sign for a metal band instead of coming to a regular job!!! I would love for somebody to even want me to sign something for THEM!!!!

Cheiron said:
The lineup isn't really for me--not that it matters since its not coming anywhere near Georgia. Already seen Trivium and In Flames, both good shows and would see them again. Cannibal Corpse... well I honestly somewhat enjoyed their Kill album, as they are one of the few in that genre that actually use their instruments beyond a 3-chord progression. I'd love to see GWAR though. I haven't listened to the other groups. Some of them I should... and will.

--

AS I LAY DYING
IN FLAMES
TRIVIUM
CANNIBAL CORPSE
TERROR
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
BEHEMOTH
THE CHARIOT
THROUGH THE EYES
OF THE DEAD

WITH VERY SPECIAL GUESTS
GWAR

ON SELECT DATES ONLY
EVERGREEN TERRACE
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE (7/14)
SHADOWS FALL (7/26 & 7/28)
VOD (7/16)
IT DIES TODAY (7/26 & 7/28)
STILL REMAINS (7/26 & 7/28)
It looks like an Ozzfest clone to me.:erk: :puke: :zombie: :lol:
I DO like In Flames and Arch Enemy, though.:headbang:

nothing is etched in sione but when I talked to Sam from DragonForce he said they would br back on the SOTU!!! I would much rather see them on Gigantour!!!

Talking to Dragonforces merch guy last night, he said they were planning on returning in July. I don't believe that lines up with Gigantour. Not sure about SOTU though.

yeah sotu goes all through july and a bit of august... I really hope dragonforce are on gigan instead of that shit... a few of the bands are good but its mostly just the trendiest bands of the day... not really "underground"

Dragonforce is doing unbeilevable. They are getting a little cocky though. The Asian guy in the band (I don't know his name) made a comment to someone at the New England Hardcore and Metal Fest that Gamma Ray wishes to be in the same boat as Dragonforce and that they should be headlining. The way that I look at it is that without Kai Hansen there would be no Dragonforce. Crazily enough Dragonforce had about 1,000 fans at that fest and Gamma Ray played to something like 350-400 people.

TheGraveDigger said:
Dragonforce is doing unbeilevable. They are getting a little cocky though. The Asian guy in the band (I don't know his name) made a comment to someone at the New England Hardcore and Metal Fest that Gamma Ray wishes to be in the same boat as Dragonforce and that they should be headlining. The way that I look at it is that without Kai Hansen there would be no Dragonforce. Crazily enough Dragonforce had about 1,000 fans at that fest and Gamma Ray played to something like 350-400 people.

What is your source? If thats true, thats really, really lame. They have only put out three albums and this is there first time in the united states. And play a style of music that is not too different from what helloween, maiden, and manowar were doing 20 years ago. Then again, it would be hard to keep the egos of any shred happy power metal band that is really popular for the genre. But they've yet to prove themself anywhere near the level of gamma ray.

Dragonforce have gotten surprisingly popular, but it is a shallow, trendy, flavour of the week kind of popularity. They have been exposed to a lot of kids that don't know anything about that kind of music due to mtv 2, ect, and it is very extreme and over the top and unique to them. But when the next big "new" things come along, I think they will stop caring. They are very much a novelty act to a lot of these people.

I agree it is fun to listen to because it is just so ridiculously cheesy and the solos and drumming are over the top fast. But at the end of the day, Gamma Ray have a LOT more substance musically than dragonforce, as well as credentials and staying power.

That's true. Big big majority of people left after Dragonforce played, leaving only a few hundred to Gamma Ray. Do I see that as a problem? Absolutely not.

I don't think that is lame. Stuff like that just happens. Remember Rage at ProgPower IV, or you never even heard the story ?