Dream Theater- BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS Coming June 23rd

Ok so tell me if i liked the 2 songs we all heard earler will i like the whole album? Im gonna get it anyway but just asking

OK I got the 3 disk set lastnight and will be listing to it all day
I listened to bits and peices of it lastnight while downloading (Yes I payed for it :)) I don't remember the title of the song but it seemed like a medley of there songs with a twist ? but i gotta really listen today i didn't have time lastnight

Ok update : after first listen to Disk one as a whole i like the album exept wither -Cheesiest song i think i ever heard from them but will give it more a chance
So far my opinion is its a good album but nothing really stood out yet

Disk 2 I thought was really good , great Job on the Dregs and i thought the vocals on Queen were done very well
So far 2 out of 2 disks well worth it

On to Disk 3
At first i was thinking oh cool we can take this and finnaly go do karoke to DT LOL but reall i was kind of hopeing for more fill in for the vocals with the instruments
But I did notice its kinda nice to hear a little more like the keyboards stick out more this way and you hear more guitar parts that you might miss with the vocals going.
And can we figure out how to play the songs alot easyer for us play by ear people

So with all that said Im very happy with it so far , like i said no big wow factors anywere but still very good

My album of 2009 for sure...I can't get enough all 6 songs. Especially with the real album production...That leaked shit always ruins songs.

A Nightmare to Remember is My Favorite.

Boring Solos? lol The solos on Best of times, fortress and Tuscany are godly.

Just listened to it again for about the 5th time and I have to say, barring a few parts, this album is amazing! Best thing they have done since 6 Degrees!

Just listened to it again for about the 5th time and I have to say, barring a few parts, this album is amazing! Best thing they have done since 6 Degrees!

I might do a song-by-song review later...but for now I'll just agree with this. 6 degrees is possibly my favorite (top 3 at the very least) DT albums and I would easily say this is the best they've done since then. Most of my complaints center around lyrics and (I'm looking at YOU, Portnoy) vocals in certain spots. I really do like this one though.

I might do a song-by-song review later...but for now I'll just agree with this. 6 degrees is possibly my favorite (top 3 at the very least) DT albums and I would easily say this is the best they've done since then. Most of my complaints center around lyrics and (I'm looking at YOU, Portnoy) vocals in certain spots. I really do like this one though.

Yeah definitely. Those two factors are what ruined the last album for me. Hell, I would much rather see an instrumental version of Systematic Chaos than this album.:guh: