Dream Theater- BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS Coming June 23rd

I might do a song-by-song review later...but for now I'll just agree with this. 6 degrees is possibly my favorite (top 3 at the very least) DT albums and I would easily say this is the best they've done since then. Most of my complaints center around lyrics and (I'm looking at YOU, Portnoy) vocals in certain spots. I really do like this one though.

Oh I agree about the crappy Portnoy vocals and horrible lyrics. The Portnoy-barking part neat the end of ANTR is probably the worst thing they've ever done (yep, even worse than Never Enough).

However, I'd say it's their best since Train of Thought. Six Degrees was my first DT album, so I am fond of it, but ToT was more my style.

This album has made me forgive DT for Systematic Chaos and Octavarium.

I think it's fantastic, and the quality of the sound of the recording is just about as good as you could ask for too.

I've only listened to Disc 1 so far (I can't listen to too much LaBrie all at once ;) )

The count of tuscany is the best song they have done in fucking years - saves the album for mine. At first i couldnt stand the lyrics, but they're growing on me

Aye, The Count of Tuscany alone justifies a purchase, but I'm starting to grow fond of A Nightmare To Remember as well.

Plus, they put up an absolutely brilliant show here on Wednesday, so I'm confident that they're back on the right track after Systematic Chaos.

Ok I been listing to this album ( probably on my tenth time) I love it now it does grow on you and i even like wither wich i hated the first time i heard
first thing i thought was writers block then I read somewere that thats what it was written about That was scarry lol!!!
Anyway the more i listen to it the more i like it

Ok I been listing to this album ( probably on my tenth time) I love it now it does grow on you and i even like wither wich i hated the first time i heard
first thing i thought was writers block then I read somewere that thats what it was written about That was scarry lol!!!
Anyway the more i listen to it the more i like it

Same here.

Every time I try to listen to it I get about halfway through the 2nd song and just turn it off. I think this is their worst release ever - and that's saying something as I really didn't think anything could be worse than SC.

I have yet to listen to it, but I must say, the packaging is the most god-awful design I have ever seen!

Each disc (there are 3) is in it's own UNLABELED envelope. You slide these 3 unlabeled envelopes into a flimsy sleeve that's part of the digipack. I can't even tell you how bad this is: you need to experience it for yourself.

What is so damn wrong about jewel cases? Sure they break, but they work and IF they break you can just replace it for like 20 cents.

I haven't heard it yet, but I guarantee it will be in my next album purchase cart.

Speaking of beer, I've become obsessed with Belgian beer "Hoegaarden". I absolutely love it! "Leffe" is another great one for a stronger beer, but taste-wise, I give it to Hoe!

Im pretty interested in listening to those special edition tracks, namely their cover of stargazer and the little queen medley, anyone heard them yet? any good?