Dream Theater in the studio

Burning My Soul is the best song to blast on the car stereo on the way to soccer matches. Lines in the Sand is my favorite off that album though. I remember being disappointed when I first bought the album and was listening to it in the car. Until the tempo change on Peruvian Skies. From that point on, the album kicks ass. Leave New Millenium and You Not Me off that album and you have greatness.

There is no Dream Theater album I do not love though. But, then again, Images & Words was the album I always wished I'd find, and when I first saw them on that tour I knew I'd be a fan for life.

The DT forum IS ridiculous, and it is full with a lot of immature people, but if you look at the Mike Portnoy forum, it is completely different. Thats why I spend all my time on that one. So dont just judge all DT fans by the DT forum, cause most of all the dedicated fans are at the Band members forums.

I registerred at the Dream Theater forum a while back, and when I said that I like Mike Portnoy's Triggered Snare Drum sound, they jumped on my like a pack of rabid dogs. So I never went there again.

Ptah Khnemu said:
I registerred at the Dream Theater forum a while back, and when I said that I like Mike Portnoy's Triggered Snare Drum sound, they jumped on my like a pack of rabid dogs. So I never went there again.
WTF R U TALKIN ABUOT HIS TRIG SNARE SOUDNS LIEK SHIT!!!11OENONEONEN :lol:

Ptah Khnemu said:
There's a lot of weenies there, but I've learned to adapt. I'll thank the Opeth forum for helping me cope with idiots. :lol:

Ptah, are you serious? They gave you shit for giving your opinion on a freakin' snare sound? *shakes head* Some people are so bored they can't even find something worthy to bitch about.

I agree, it's a shame to have the image of an mature music from an intelligent band soiled by less than mature fans. But that's humanity for you. Where there's humans, there's always bound to be stupidity somewhere.

And about Falling Into Infinity, even though it was admittedly more radio-friendly, it still had some rocking moments (Burning My Soul, Peruvian Skies, Hell's Kitchen). And Trial of Tears is one of those songs you can just float out to space on.

The John Petrucci forum is even a little bit retarded sometimes... it seems like every day theres a new "Lets all hate Kirk Hammet" thread... people can't find new things to talk about over there.

YtseJammer03 said:
The DT forum IS ridiculous, and it is full with a lot of immature people, but if you look at the Mike Portnoy forum, it is completely different. Thats why I spend all my time on that one. So dont just judge all DT fans by the DT forum, cause most of all the dedicated fans are at the Band members forums.

About the DT forum, actually most of the people there have no idea what progressive means. Cause the only progressive they know is DT. So they are not much of a metal head like us. They mix the playlist with DT and Avril Lavigne or "whatever mainstream you put here" bands. May be that's why they seem so different to us. They are not dedicated to the music like us. Most of them are dedicated to DT. Even Mike Portnoy tries to educate them every year by releasing fake DT albums to the peer to peer networks. And they say "album leaked !!!!" and listen to other progressive bands like it is DT's new album :)

turke said:
About the DT forum, actually most of the people there have no idea what progressive means. Cause the only progressive they know is DT. So they are not much of a metal head like us. They mix the playlist with DT and Avril Lavigne or "whatever mainstream you put here" bands. May be that's why they seem so different to us. They are not dedicated to the music like us. Most of them are dedicated to DT. Even Mike Portnoy tries to educate them every year by releasing fake DT albums to the peer to peer networks. And they say "album leaked !!!!" and listen to other progressive bands like it is DT's new album :)

....MP really does that? I can't tell if you're joking or not. If he does, my admiration of him has now been doubled.

^ Same here, sadly. :erk:

I remember the first thing I posted was "I think they should re-make their Majesty demos with James LaBrie and release it as a Ytsejam bootleg" or something along the lines of that, and I got flamed for being "stupid" or something. That forum really does blow big time. They shoot down eachother's opinions often, and I got sick of it the first time someone responded to my post.

That would be pretty cool if they re-did the Majesty Demo's with James. Charlie Dominicci is a horrid Prog singer, if you don't like James you should be glad you've never heard Dominicci.

If you watch Score, "Another Won" is being sung by James.

Yeah, Portnoy does release "leaked" version of their albums and it's not them. I remember downloading Six Degrees and it was totally not Dream Theater and it made me sad until I realized whatever the deuce I downloaded kicked ass. I still don't know what it was.