Dream Theater in the studio

If The Majesty Demos were better quality, I'd be listening to it 24/7 over and over again. Another Won is like the best song ever.

I didn't like it. I believe that everything after SFAM has been lacking. TOT was ok, but it was an album I would expect from Metallica, not DT and SDOIT felt like it was all over the place and didn't go anywhere. Octavarium took the worse of both and one of the good, it seems.

The only bad with Octavarium that I saw was the fact that I Walk Beside You sounded so much like U2 and I can't stand U2.

I have liked all the releases by DT, for what they are. Falling Into Infinity is by far my least favorite. It seems forced, and that is not what I like.

As for keys, Jordan is great, but I have always liked Kevin Moore better. His contributions to DT, and Fates Warning have been really damn good.

Reactions: NegativeVolume
I liked Panic Attack and Never Enough from Octavarium, but the rest of the album simply does not live up to Train of Thought. Where did the guitar solos go? Even the production quality seems to have fallen off a little. The songwriting on Train is my favorite, so brutal, yet melodic. I really hope that they take their time on this one, the heavier the better.

I liked Panic Attack and Never Enough from Octavarium, but the rest of the album simply does not live up to Train of Thought. Where did the guitar solos go? Even the production quality seems to have fallen off a little. The songwriting on Train is my favorite, so brutal, yet melodic. I really hope that they take their time on this one, the heavier the better.

I agree completely! I liked Octavarium when it came out, but instead of growing on me, I lost interest (the only tracks I can still stomach are Octavarium and Panic Attack). Train of Thought is my favorite DT release...there's so much energy!

I have liked all the releases by DT, for what they are. Falling Into Infinity is by far my least favorite. It seems forced, and that is not what I like.

As for keys, Jordan is great, but I have always liked Kevin Moore better. His contributions to DT, and Fates Warning have been really damn good.

Agreed

In all honesty, as of lately, I prefer not hearing the wanking solos. It's getting really old.

Aside from FII, Train of thought is my least enjoyed Dream Theater album. It's just As I Am, This Dying Soul and an entire album of the guitar and keyboards doing the same thing. I can't stand when bands do that. It completely defeats the purpose of having a keyboardist.

I wonder if DT is the most debated about band in history.

I haven't heard anything regarding their latest album in progress, has anybody else? Only that blabbermouth thingy a whiles ago.

You realize Train of Thought was written in a very short period of time as opposed to Octavarium right?? I dunno what too expect on the next album, but im not really as enthusiastic about the release as I have been in the part, im more looking forward to th new Sym X and Pain of Salvation right now.

^ Same here, sadly. :erk:

....and I got flamed for being "stupid" or something. That forum really does blow big time. They shoot down eachother's opinions often, and I got sick of it the first time someone responded to my post.

I noticed on the DT site that the forum/message boards are not there anymore. Maybe this is one of the reasons why? Anyone have any idea?