Dream Theater - Octavarium

TheWhisper said:
That was a rhetorical question meant to bring levity to a subject that people get too emotional and serious about. But you didin't answer the question. You're talking about 70's glam rock, I asked the difference between Glam Metal & Hair Metal.:)

There is NO difference really (Well really hard....)00............. Glam Metal, Hair Metal, its the same thing........ Just different nicknames....

TheWhisper said:
That was a rhetorical question meant to bring levity to a subject that people get too emotional and serious about. But you didin't answer the question. You're talking about 70's glam rock, I asked the difference between Glam Metal & Hair Metal.:)

you just said Glam...if you just say the word it automatticaly has the Rock suffix following. Like if I say....Prog....that means Prog Rock, if I want to convey that I am talking about Prog Metal, I must say Prog Metal.

Oh, I am very serious when it comes to hair metal.....my grandma was raped to death by Britney Fox

I think Octavarium is pretty badass. Indeed some of the riffs are simplistic, the downtuning is pretty apparent, and probably used just to make the simple riffs sound cool. So? The key there is it sounds cool. Maybe they got to rehearsal and someone started this simple riff, and everyone could vibe to it automatically. It happens all the time to me. Sometimes the simplest stuff is the most memorable. I personally love all Dream Theater, though there are songs I like less, such as You Not Me, Afterlife, and Space Dye Vest, so call me a fanboy if you wish, I admit it. Although I am endlessly confused at why DT is mentioned so often on another band's official forum.

8V took a while for me to really enjoy it and I'm glad I was patient enough to let it grow on me. Saying that though, DT are my fave band so I'm not about to put it back on the shelf after a couple of listens. I rank it 5th out of their 8 studio albums (ahead of WDADU, FII, SDOIT). Each fan is different and will have varying views on their music as with every band.