Dreams

Ever have a dream in which you hear some music that's utterly brilliant, and then you wake up and you can't remember it?

Yes, or there was a song by some band that doesn't really exist and when I wake up I want the song but it isn't real

I just woke up from one of the most vivid and epic dreams I've ever had. The entire thing actually had a somewhat consistent plot, which is completely new to me, because my dreams are usually extremely random and nonsensical. This one actually played out in the style of one of those epic novel-based movies, like Lord of the Rings, or Narnia. Oddly enough though, the only influence that I noticed while experiencing the dream was Turok: Evolution, but I noticed similarities between the main character and Frodo after I woke up. This differed from other epic movie stories though, because there were basically no major battles and there was really no hope for the protagonists at all. Their only allies had already been exterminated, and their entire race was almost gone as well, but the main character managed to save only a small population of them by accident at the end. By the way, the main character is a social outcast who happens to be high functioning autistic. He also had a crush on the most beautiful female character (obviously), but she was about to have an arranged marriage with someone else (no surprise there, either).

Anyway, this dream was amazing because it's the first time that I can remember that a dream actually followed a plot, but I managed to get all the way to the end without being woken up. Equally amazing is the fact that I even remembered it in the first place, because I rarely ever do, unless I wake up in the middle of it.

One more thing that I'd like to point out was that the soundtrack was great. It was a very horn heavy orchestral movement far beyond my own compositional abilities for now, because I don't know the first thing about writing for full orchestras, even though I love them.

I don't want to go into any specific details about the main characters, villains, world, and plot twists just yet, because I'm almost moved enough by this dream to write a book about it, even though I probably won't :lol:

That's pretty awesome. I've had a few epic dreams before. Or one where I wake up, and then fall back asleep and the dream continues.

I have these weird sort of dream things when I'm half asleep. I just see something happening and my body reacts, its weird. Like I imagined a piano falling on me and my arms flew up in front of my face. And I've imagined myself fighting and then I started kicking.

This happens to me and always wakes me up. I hate it because it's as though you're on the verge of sleep and suddenly you're thrusted out of it.

You ever have a dream where you instinctively know something, even though it obviously isn't that way?
Like, say you go into a bar, and you can see it's a coffee shop, but you know it's really a bar. Or you know there's good music playing, even though there really isn't. That sorta thing.

I totally understand you. Then when you wake up you think, "Why the hell was I thinking that?"

I've had some epic dreams before. Mostly, where I was king. Those are fun. I've also had a few where I died, mostly from falling. Although once it was like real life, only it was a videogame or something, and somebody got me with a knife. That one was pretty hardcore. I was winning, too.

I've had a few of those dreams where I'm dying. Most of them is from 1. grade or something. Can't remember any dreams I've had recently.

One of the dreams where I die:
Me and my family, and everyone I knew where at my school for some reason, and suddenly some robot (with a light bulb as head) walks in, and kills everyone, except me. It chases me for a while and end up catching me, and tells me something I can't remember right now. And then the dream just ended. I've had dreams where my family got killed in an age of 6-8 :O.

And another one, where noone's dying:
I'm running around on a stadium and I'm getting "chased" by 1000 of rocks and stones. Some of them are gigantic, and some of them are as small as a grain of sand. And funny enough, those I'm most afraid of is the small ones, for some reason. Even though it's about 8 years ago I dreamed this, I still remember it as if I dreamed it last night.

One of my friends once had a dream, wich remindes me of some thriller movie:
He was standing in some circus tent, and there were alot of people. But everyone were just standing, doing nothing. And noone of them had faces. They were just standing, like they'd lost their faces in the middle of a show and just stopped. He told me that the tent didn't have any exit, and that noone noticed him.
Pretty spooky in my opinion :p.

I've never had those dreams of falling. Everyone else seems to have then though.

Ever had that dream where everything is awesome and when you wake up, you feel sad because you did? I have those often. They suck.

I also have lucid dreams from time to time.

I had a dream about Audiosurf lately. Yes, Audiosurf, the game. I was seeing a movie based on Audiosurf, and it was actually good! Well, in the dream I thought it was brilliant. I don't know why. Though it didn't really have that much to do with Audiosurf, really.

The antagonist beat the protagonist of the movie in an Audiosurf tournament, despite the protagonist's attempts to cheat. The protagonist swore to have his revenge. Then he just ran around for a while and shot cops with a submachinaegun.

Eventually, he was cornered by a hundred or so cops, but he killed them all with an assault rifle. And then the antagonist appears and gives everyone except the protagonist a diploma for beating Audiosurf, similar to the diploma that the antagonist was given after beating the protagonist in the tournament.

Another recent dream was this one; first, I predicted the end of the world. Then I dreamt about the book on top of the shelf closest to the entrance in the school library. And then I was playing Tetris. And then the dream ended.

Ever get those dreams where you're falling, and you sort of jolt awake, and it feels like you just hit the bed? I think that may be kind of a universal human experience, but maybe not.

I occasionally have something similar to this. I lie in bed, half asleep (it always takes me a long time to fully fall asleep), and then I imagine (or dream, not sure which) myself tripping on something, and I make this sudden movement in bed as if I'm falling down.

Yeah, and that fraction of a second when I have this confused feeling is so weird! First I think I fell down, and then I'm thinking "Wait, I couldn't have fallen down, I'm lying on a bed!"
It's a really strange thing, I wonder if it happens to more people, and if there has been research about it or something.

Ever had that dream where everything is awesome and when you wake up, you feel sad because you did? I have those often. They suck.

YES! I hate that. Especially when I have one of those lucid dreams where I'm king, and then I wake up and I'm not surrounded by my harem of beautiful women and my day just goes downhill...especially when I try to command my mother to roast me an ox.

I actually had another band related dream last night (this is getting weird). Me and a friend went to see iron maiden, only it was in this high school auditorium, but it was the biggest high school auditorium ever. And people weren't really too worked up - everyone was sitting on the floor and stuff. And the band didn't look like iron maiden, and there were only 4 of them, and there was no drumkit - the drummer just stood there motionless. But there was drums in the music.
The music wasn't iron maiden, it was this intense death/thrash that inspired me to mosh. Me and my friend and a bunch of other people climbed up on stage (which was like 4 feet high and about 10 ft by 10 ft). The band was cool with it. After one song we got down. Then a moshpit started. Me and my friend went into the moshpit. We were like a foot taller than everyone else in the mosh. Someone was being stupid, so we actually beat up everyone in the pit. There was no security or something...it was a weird dream.

All this has made me more psyched for maiden's summer tour.

I also had one Iron Maiden-related dream once. I dreamt I was at a concert, and I had to reach Steve Harris and tell him that they have to play Infinite Dreams or the world will end.

In reality, I've never been to a concert. Not a single one.

I've actually had a few dreams where i'm in some town or city walking around for ages and it's like im really in these imaginary places that are full of people and sights and roads ect and then i'll come across some little shop that has all these awesome Metal cds and lp's, it's usually then that after browsing through these albums that i wake up but for a brief few moments,maybe 10 mins max i can remeber what they where and what they looked like! some of them have been albums i'd completely forgotten about,pretty weird!

What cities are you near? Can you drive to any? and 300 people, damn that's a small village!

Had a dream the other night about an ex and then woke up next to my current girlfriend. These dreams are always awkward, and I've had them before. I don't know if it means I have unresolved issues or what.

Had another weirdass dream. This one was odd for a number of reasons.

First of, I actually got laid in this one, which has never happened before. I can't exactly remember the circumstances, but I wound up having sex with some Brazilian girl on a glacier. But I had the sensation that it was still in my pants, which makes me wonder what was going on in real life at that point...anyhow, then there was this throne on the glacier (have I been listening to too much Bal-Sagoth?) and I sat in it and then I was king (this just happened, I dunno why) and everybody was giving me free stuff and I walked through a door and I was in what looked like a bookstore except instead of books the shelves were filled with metal cds. And I was still king, so the guy said I could have whatever I wanted. So I was looking through the CDs to see what I wanted for a while. Then I took a pile of 7 or 8 (which is weird because in real life if someone had offered I would have taken everything) and then I was walking around the store looking for the exit. At this point I became aware that this was a dream, and that I wouldn't have this stuff when I woke up, but for some reason that didn't wake me up. I wonder if it's because I accepted that and chose to continue the dream or something...anyhow, I was aware that this was a dream, but I kept going. And there were some cupcakes just sitting there. Orange and black, halloween style. And I knew that in dreams you can't taste stuff, but I decided to give it a shot, because what the hell, it's just a dream. And the weirdest part is, I actually tasted it. True, it tasted like apple muffin, but I did taste something. Midway through the first bite the taste shifted to that of the cookies in my school's cafeteria, and then I woke up.

Has anyone else ever been aware they were dreaming and yet kept dreaming? Or actually tasted something in a dream?