Drums or guitar?

Weresheep

New Metal Member
Feb 17, 2008
Which one should I choose? Money is not a problem.

I'm kinda big (not fat) and strong. Does that give me an advantage with drums or doesn't it make any difference?

Thanks for any answers.

The world needs more drummers. But practicing at home could be difficult unless you get those digital sets. So if you have the money I'd say drums.

BTW, is everythin ok? No avatar, COB Jam removed from sig and that Fuck off!! thing... :zombie: Tell me you haven't had a haircut and quit guitar :lol:

I was wonderin' the same.

>>Weresheep- I say try to learn both. If you had to choose just one, I say learn the drums. There always is a need for drummers. Guitarists are a dime a dozen :lol:

I'm a girl and I am short and average...and I play drums, all we need is endurance and power :p

I love guitars and drums, both are awesome together. But guitars do harmonies, not drums.

I was wonderin' the same.

>>Weresheep- I say try to learn both. If you had to choose just one, I say learn the drums. There always is a need for drummers. Guitarists are a dime a dozen :lol:

Although if you want to compose actual songs, it'd be quite hard just knowing how to play rythms.

i'd say drums because there are tons of guitarists out there and a spot in a band for a bassist can be filled by any guitarist. i'm not saying that they'll be an amazing funk slap bassist but i'd say learn drums if you have enough money to do it and are in a space where you can make tons of noise.

:lol: Dunno for you, but for me is quite impossible time-wise atm, :lol:

BTW, is everythin ok? No avatar, COB Jam removed from sig and that Fuck off!! thing... :zombie: Tell me you haven't had a haircut and quit guitar :lol:

I'm fine, thx. Just been a bad day.

And I wouldn't have the time for both either.

Anyways, not everyone is able to learn how to play drums (or at least not properly), so if your hand-leg coordination isn't good, get a guitar.

That is what practice is for :lol: Speaking of which, my buddy bought a drum set a few weeks ago and is already VERY good (he is also a guitarist). I honestly think learning how to play two or more instruments benefits a lot; you ability to play/coordination and your understanding of music.