Drums or guitar?

You'd already learnt some notes on a keyboard instead of writing that post. I picked keys because I dunno I just did, it feels cool to do all badass sounds with it and don't need to change strings. Haha. I swear man the best feeling in the world is to hit some icy keyboard chord to support guitars and bass and drums on a rehearsal place when you're playing VERY loud.. it's almost like you have godly powers or something.. I'd love to be able to play guitar because it's the coolest instrument, but I'd never have time for it, plus it's depressing because "everyone" is already a guitarist.. I probably wouldn't play drums or bass. But at this situation I just have computer music on my mind, I have no time for bands or anything.. plus I suck at theory.

Yea, I mean I sometimes just take my keyboard on my hip (weighs like as much as a guitar) and plug my badass headphones on, turn on my Guitar Pro on this computer and learn some COB stuff, can play fucking loud without neighbours hearing anything. That's sweet man.

Yeah, keyboards are good, but playing keys in a metal band is quite a challenge. Making the "soft" keyboard sounds fit in such a heavy context without sounding out of place or weird or too "happy".

Yeah, keyboards are good, but playing keys in a metal band is quite a challenge. Making the "soft" keyboard sounds fit in such a heavy context without sounding out of place or weird or too "happy".

True, the problem with keyboards is there really isn't an evil sounding string. But it's an exciting prospect to the challenge to try and figure something that fits the music. I'm a great fan of some good trance sounds tho.

Death Metal is all about bass, so seriously. I have no idea what Rocksane is smoking :lol:

Just listen to some real Death Metal to understand what i mean. Not some Deathcore shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J5jbc2ZmBE

Rocksane was a bit too extreme affirming that, but you won't deny that there's no death metal without guitars/drums but there can be death metal without bass and definitely there is a shitload of good death bands with no keys (Death, Cannibal Corpse, Decapitated, ...). Keys are used a lot for intros in death (Vader, Nile, Arch Enemy,...) but then not used in the rest of the song and not seen live, but you won't see a death metal live show or a CD with no guitars or drums. So of course they can squeeze in, but they are far from necessary.

About bass, even though f.e. bands like Nile have recorded vids (Sacrifice Unto Sebek) and maybe some even a CD without bass, IMO bass is a must in all kinds of music. It provides great backing and base sound and gets really deep sounds which help things become darker and heavier or, in Exodus' style (really metallic sound played with pick), give a really agressive sound.

Yeah of course it depends of the style of metal you're playing. you're not gonna play pads over grindcore lol. But it's true, keyboards do give a really cool atmosphere to the music. I just love the sawtooth lead sound :p

I have to agree with you about the bass. In metal music, it's a must because of what you said. Plus, the bass and the drums go very together. The bass drum and the bass tend to play the same rhythms. If you go into jazz, you'll hear that walking bass going through the chords and you realize that its very important even though it won't play chords and do pinch harmonics :p( well....victor wooten...)

Death Metal is all about bass, so seriously. I have no idea what Rocksane is smoking :lol:

Just listen to some real Death Metal to understand what i mean. Not some Deathcore shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J5jbc2ZmBE

:kickass: I ordered that album two days ago..couldn't find any bloodbath at any music store so I had to order it online. Nightmares made flesh = one of the best death metal albums I've heard yet.

Have you heard the samples from the new Bloodbath mini CD? I think it can't compare to the older bloodbath :( which is a shame.

Now on topic, I think drums are a lot of fun to play, but so is the guitar. I'm learning to play guitar, and sometimes it's very frustraiting when you get can't get something right...but maybe that's because I'm very short-tempered :p
My friend plays the drums, and every time I have a go on his drums, even tho I can't play for shit, I have a lot of fun, and it doesn't always sound that bad.
It's really up to you o decide what to play.

Edit: I forgot to mension that I'm thinking about switching to drums, but...I dunno, I really don;t know what to do :p

and sometimes it's very frustraiting when you get can't get something right...but maybe that's because I'm very short-tempered :p

Just remember that when you are fucking up you are growing as a player. Anything that is a pain for you to get down correctly is exactly what you should be playing!

Well.. low blowing instrument or bell sounds or piano, or high strings, or some sawy trance sounds, are sort of evil.. But there's so much you can do. The new COB song Blooddrunk has a happy piano element on it, and it works. So.. :ill: what the hell. You know when the devil's happy then it's evil :puke:

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA:lol::lol::lol:
I don't know what you call GOOD death metal, but what I see as "good" death metal can have as much keyboards in it and it'll still be good.

Those band, I bet you listen to all of them :p

Advent, Aeon, Animosity, Anorexia Nervosa, Arsis, At The Gates, Braindrill, Cadaveryne, Carcass, De Lirium’s Order, Deadborn, Death, Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, Demilich, Devilyn, Dies Irae, Disavowed, Disincarnate, Electro Quarterstaff, Eternal Lord, Hate, Hypocrisy, Krisiun, Kronos, Lost Soul, Mabus, Martyr, Matriden, Necrophagist, Nile, Odious Mortem, On Solid Ground, Ophiolatry, Origin, Psycroptic, Putrid Pile, Quo Vadis, Scal The Summit, Skinless, Spawn Of Possession, Stigmatized, Suffocation, The Black Dahlia Murder, The Faceless, The Red Chord, The Red Death, Trepalium, Viatrophy, Vile, Visceral Bleeding, Vital Remains, Volturyon, Whitechapel... etc

:erk:

Keyboards are all but homo, i bet you like guitars.. Stupid fangirl

hahaha it's anything...

I don't find keyboards are homo in all bands of the world... but in melodic death metal it is. It's just too typic.

the only bands I can listen in death melo are insomnium, kalmah, old norther and dark tranquillity.

so calm your ass...