DT Nuwzzzzzzzzzzz

This is my most anticipated realase of the year. Every album is different and describes new chapters in their evolution. That is why they are my favorite, and the best in the world. Not to mention, the tour that will be happening is absolutely AMAZING!!!

Agreed. People either love or hate DT...but what can't be denied is the fact that (insert your favorite prog metal band here) is influenced by them unless it's maybe Fates Warning. But, even FW utilized DT's keyboards & vocalist at times. Brilliant!

Ouch! 6 of one, half dozen of the other :heh:

I'll side with Jax on the apathy, but I DO hope DT can swing me back into being a hardcore fan again. They haven't done that since SFAM....

I felt that Systematic Chaos was really the best album I've heard them do in years. (I also think SFAM is overrated) Personally, I think they are on the upswing.

Naah, some of us are just apathetic about them at this point.

:)

yea, apathetic. perfect word, they've always been hit or miss for me. The last one I really got into from them was Train of Thought. Of course, the first 3 are legendary.

RE: Cover Art

It's prolly not a mouse, but the Majesty symbol (giggle).

I will always love Dream Theater for kicking off the whole progressive metal interest in me, I too understand the "apathetic" comments. To be honest for a number of years I've been hungry to just see any sort of DT side project live (i.e. OSI, LTE, Platypus, even KJLB's Mullmuzzler stuff). I'd kill to see something like that taken on the road.

RE: Cover Art

It's prolly not a mouse, but the Majesty symbol (giggle).

I will always love Dream Theater for kicking off the whole progressive metal interest in me, I too understand the "apathetic" comments. To be honest for a number of years I've been hungry to just see any sort of DT side project live (i.e. OSI, LTE, Platypus, even KJLB's Mullmuzzler stuff). I'd kill to see something like that taken on the road.

I saw Liquid Tension Experiment live at BARFest II. :headbang: You missed out cuz they were AMAZING.:headbang::headbang:

Have they posted the length of the tracks yet? 6 songs for this album and a DT album is usually 70-78 minutes long. Which for me is a good thing because I like the fact they do long songs and they don't sound repetitive. On the covers CD, for some reason, I have wanted DT to do Hotel California &/or Desperado. Just would be different and unexpected. I hope James isn't phoning in the vocals like he did the last album. I know he has had throat issues, but if he takes care of his voice he should be able to belt it out like Live SFAM.

aw... I was all excited 'cause I thought this thread was going to be about Dark Tranquility! :p Need to go look and see if those guys have anything new...

Dream Theatre does seem to be getting better over their last few records from the clips and video's I've heard, but I don't think I've actually bought any of their stuff since Train of Thought. Will probably pick up this new one when it's out.

Can you explain? I'm not seeing it.

haha - ya, this does seem to describe a lot of the american sentiment at the end of last year. Leaving the elephant (republican symbol) behind, the elephant scared and cowering on it's own pedestal (not sure what that's trying to say), opening a new door, night and day difference, etc. Pretty easy to see the artist either has strong leanings to the left, or they just slapped a bunch of random images together and didn't think about it (not likely).

*not a democrat, so this image just pisses me off. Me avoids any further political rant.*

They went heavy just for the sake of being heavy. "This release is heavier and darker"...yeah yeah yeah...that's what everybody has been saying or doing lately...so what. You bury the keys...more crunch on the guitars...rougher vocals...yep, heard it. The problem? It took SX 4-5 years to do that...other bands do it maybe 2. Alot of hype...same delivery that everybody is doing. At one time, this was a progressive metal band. Now? Regression into a heavy metal band with the same fantasy lyrics that aren't relevant. Yngwie does it better. I & alot of others expected more.

To be honest for a number of years I've been hungry to just see any sort of DT side project live (i.e. OSI, LTE, Platypus, even KJLB's Mullmuzzler stuff). I'd kill to see something like that taken on the road.

Well, then you haven't paid attention too much. I saw LTE last year, and I saw Labrie play Mullmuzzler and his Elements material twice. Unfortunetly, the LTE show was only half a show because Rudess' keyboard broke and then they just jammed. It was still pretty awesome. The LaBrie solo was fucking AWESOME!!! They play the material, you just have to pay close attention and always be on the lookout for it.