DT stuff showcase

Update:

I FINALLY completed my DT collection. I just received in the post today, among other albums, Skydancer & ...Of Chaos and Eternal Night (re-issue, but I'm not picky). This creates much happiness in me for the rest of today would be suckery. Wooo.....

There is no such thing as a "complete DT collection". the number of items out there is enormous, you always get something new/different.

I'm satisfied, for now. Complete in the sense that I finally have access to all of their music, because I refuse to participate in activities that involve getting music that may be outside the law when it comes to DT. So, this really is my first time hearing the music, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

You think DT is bad? try being a Nine Inch Nails completist. I only have 2/3 the possible halos, much less the variations there-within. That's always interesting.

I rule as well then! -.-

Naturalmente Nico :Spin: .

Well I think that you can have every item DT has ever released, but iMO you would need at least $1000 to do that.

So just you wait till I start working :p.

I've always wondered if the members of DT have the complete collection.... . Maybe the "old" members you knoe, but I wonder if Martin B. or Mickey have a "signed" :)p) Skydancer LP?

Actually, the nearly impossible feat is to have all the cds signed by the respective members that played in an specific cd. I guess Anders' signature isn't so difficult to get (although I wonder if he'd sign a copy of the Skydancer...), but I mean, Fredrik's sig is nearly impossible to get!

Not even Mikael (apparently) knows where he is! :zombie:

The members of the band I guess have less stuff than we have. Mikael once told that he gave the old demos (his own copies) as a present :)

And yes, DT is "bad" as for collecting, but I guess there are bands which as worse. And yes, you need loads of money to buy all the stuff. I guess my total expense to buy DT stuff is getting around 400 euros

Honestly, i don't see the point of obsessing like that and trying to get everything, with all the correct signatures etc. I'm not saying you're doing something weird or bad, i do understand it as i'm a big fan too and try to get different shirts and cds. But having a complete-complete collection is something i wouldn't do, it requires too much energy and money. In the end i have to wonder if it's better to spend 100 euros to get some copy of a limited old LP (in unknown condition) or 100 euros to go to a gig or buy a new shirt or a new cd. The first 100 euros will go to someone i don't know, while part of the last 100 euros will go to the band i love and support.

yes, that's true. but u know, it's all a matter of collecting. if I collected anything else (from beer bottles to car models) I'd just need the same amount of money, or even more. that's waht collecting is about. :)

yeah, i know, as i said i understand it, it's just that at this particular point in time it seems a bit pointless to me.
and please don't get me started on the psychology theories about collecting. :lol:

My latest acquisition is the DT spaghetti-strap shirt. I already had it in M size, but it was too big so i couldn't use it (it came as a gift). Now i got it in S size and it's a perfect fit! :)

It's one of those girly shirts with the very thin straps. I'll take a picture later if you want.