DT vs Opeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there were some polls about this subject on the infamous Off-topic forum of Opeth ages ago, and because the opethians are a bunch of assholes, their favourite shitgroup won.

Is this forum really this dead and what was your former nickname before you changed it to Nitrofdg-?

Naku ist krig said:
I think there were some polls about this subject on the infamous Off-topic forum of Opeth ages ago, and because the opethians are a bunch of assholes, their favourite shitgroup won.

Is this forum really this dead and what was your former nickname before you changed it to Nitrofdg-?
I used to be called NicktheClayman.

i dont think the fans should have to do anything with that.
personally i like dts energy and straightforwardness but i like opeths "ballads" better. and opeth play more solos,

dt's song writing is lightyear's aheah of opeth. dt composes their songs with a great attention to detail. and butt rock solo's are gay anyways and opeth's ballads are simply not that impressive to me.

I just listened to BWP and MAYH after years of not doing so, and my impression of those albums certainly changed. I used to bash Opeth all the time, but now I'm not so partial. It's good music, I can actually enjoy a few songs quite a bit ("Demon of the Fall" is simply great), but any of those albums as a whole can't do it for me. The music's too repetitive and unorganized, not to mention too damned long. Riffs are good, ballads are pretty, but overall it just seems like a big senseless collection of riffs. After the third or fourth song, I'm bored to hell.

So, I do prefer DT by far.

I don't care who is deemed better... all I know is I saw both live, and Dark Tranquillity owns Opeth. Opeth's show was just too damn boring for me. I like listening to their music when I am doing homework or something... but other than that it bores me. Then seeing the same crap live... oh boy.

For me, Dark Tranquillity wins. But arguing opinions over this kind of thing is dumb. So that is my opinion, and that's it.

Why the flying fuck does every single Opeth fan come to this board to state their opinions instead of staying in happy Opethland and doing it over there?

I feel like a Zerg-infested colony on the outskirts of Chau Sara.

I have to say I like DT better than Opeth... everything from songwriting, to guitar tone, to vocals... I think Opeth has some good slower stuff though, but I usually don't put in a cd to listen to slower stuff.

Seems like comparing apples to oranges to me. Their styles and goals are too different. Opeth has written my most favorite music, but it's not like I choose to listen to Opeth over DT. I listen to whichever one I'm in the mood for. (This whole paragraph was rather redundant, wasn't it?)

UndoControl said:
Why the flying fuck does every single Opeth fan come to this board to state their opinions instead of staying in happy Opethland and doing it over there?

I feel like a Zerg-infested colony on the outskirts of Chau Sara.

i only see one person who picked opeth so far...

Lina said:
Seems like comparing apples to oranges to me.

i agree.
i don't like old opeth stuff that much, but i honestly admit it's definitely good music. actually i find myself listening (and enjoying) ghost reveries quite much lately.
but the two bands aren't really comparable.
they're heading towards different directions.

i agree that comparing - say - opeth and in flames or opeth and solefald, or opeth and swallow the sun, or opeth and iron maiden would definitely be like comparing apples to oranges. but there's dark tranquillity in this equation. we're talking about motherfucking pineapples here.

Lina said:
Seems like comparing apples to oranges to me. Their styles and goals are too different. Opeth has written my most favorite music, but it's not like I choose to listen to Opeth over DT. I listen to whichever one I'm in the mood for. (This whole paragraph was rather redundant, wasn't it?)

Ditto.

Opeth and Dark Tranquillity are the bands I like most, but I can't show any favouritism because they are both different, and both kick-ass.

This DT vs Opeth thing is as bullshit as PC vs Mac, or Ferrari vs Porsche.

tunaman said:
dt's song writing is lightyear's aheah of opeth. dt composes their songs with a great attention to detail. and butt rock solo's are gay anyways and opeth's ballads are simply not that impressive to me.

its kinda hard to say that because music after all is very subjective. i think their solos in the Still Life and Deliverance albums are really quite good. theyre surely not Zakk Wylde or Jeff Loomis, but they get the job done.

I miss the fact that mikael stanne doesnt do clean vocales anymore. i understand why, but i just wish he would hehe

UndoControl said:

youre about as tr00 and kvlt as an opeth or tool fanboy saying stuff like that

Status
Not open for further replies.