Dušan Jevtovi: Am I Walking Wrong? (2013)

Carpe Mortem

Benevolently Batshit
Aug 21, 2013
52a317m.jpg

Dušan Jevtovič: Am I Walking Wrong? (2013)

1. You Can't Sing, You Can't Dance- Right up my alley! I gotta admit, I've heard this basic song structure like a million times through my vast stoner fandom but it never fuckin gets old, and there were some excellent nuances here. 10/10

2. Am I Walking Wrong?- Sort of New Yorkish with a southern vibe, if that makes any sense. Made me think of old school gangsters on the edge of town where industry meets desert. The last minute or so had some drum variations that brought it to an awesome close. 10/10

3. Drummer's Dance- Cracked a bit of a smile when I saw the title considering the outro of the last song. This started off just trudgy as fuck, but not repetetive, it was in a good way. The title fits it perfectly. Then you get less of the rock and more of a slight jazzy vibe towards the middle, with them drums still dancing the night away, and it ends in a related flourish. 10/10

4. One on One- This was good and all, I totally didn't mind listening to it and would probably be like 'hey who is this band?' if someone was playing it, but not as good as the rest of the songs so far. Got kinda boring for me. 6/10

5. In the Last Moment II- Excellent opening! Kinda foreboding and creepy. The whole song is like that, really atmospheric and jilted. Enjoyable listen. 8/10

6. Embracing Simplicity- Guitar nerds... such a guitar nerd song. Again, title fit the track perfectly. Awesome fuckin track, to put it simply. Just expect a showcase of strings, moreso than other songs. 10/10

7. Third Life- I was a sucker for the intro at first... but then I got really sick of it. Do somethin, fool! Finally, fool did something, and it was screechy and weird and oddly kinda enjoyable. 7/10

8. Tra-Ta-Ta-Ta-Ta- I kinda failed to understand the point of this short transition song, wasn't particularly interesting. Meh. 3/10

9. Bluesracho- Holy hell of sexy blues right off the bat! I'm just a total sucker for this kind of thing. Total sucker, never ceases to entertain me. And this was a very bouncy feel good sort of blues with a drumtastic outro. 9/10

10. If You See Me Again- Pretty as fuck acoustic atmopheric that has a somber, good memories gone by beauty to it. Excellent, and I mean fucking excellent, final track for this album. 10/10

Technical Total: 8.3/10

However..... I felt like the flow of this album was very well balanced, and there was a decent amount of effort put forth to keep it together. Slight things that were pleasantly discreet, and a broader lack of cacophony. This easily bumps the album, for me, to a

8.8/10