Dublin, Barrowlands - Reviews!!!

MarkJ

Nov 1, 2002
Solihull, UK
Visit site
Luckily for all of us we live in a pretty democratic world where anyone can have an opinion about anything and subject the law of slander or libel can either say it or write it down.

I have been lucky enough to see Anthrax on many occasions and in my (humble and personal) opinion they always give 100% at each show - and take it from me there have been times when I have seen them tired or sick and they still get out there and give it their all.

Whilst someone can say that this was bad/good or that was bad/good its making assumptions about things about which you know nothing that is annoying. And we all know that to ASSUME something is to make an ASS out of U and ME!!!!

I could just write a list of replies to things that people have said but then that seems to be what everyone else does - I have met Teacher Dave and he is a great guy and a die hard Anthrax fan and he will always stick up for the band - I havent met Ross, but it appears he has a different position.

One thing I will say however is that everyone has got to take what the band says at face value and I can categorically say that no-oe in the band or connected with the band ever lies!!

So read about why the reuinion is happening :
- Charlie and Scott were affected by Dimebag's death - the situation of never seeing that person again had a big part to play on this current tour.
- they are all professional musicians - they make their living touring and making albums - this opportunity to all play togther again might never happen again so why not do it.
- there are no plans for recording at the moment other than the recently announced DVD - but who knows what the future holds??

The band all gets on well together - dont forget that everyone matures and has a different view on things as they get older - the reasons for past difficulties can be put aside or forgotten.

So finale! This reunion tour is exactly that - a reunion - enjoy it whiel you can - but if you dont then thats up to you. As well as seeing Anthrax I have seen hundreds of other bands over the years - some have done reform tours and many of them - in my opinion - should not have bothered (e.g UFO)- but I have always believed that Scott and Charlie would not put their name to anything that they thought was bad!!

We cannot all like the same music - what a boring place the world would be if we did!!!!

For those on the board not so sure, this is the truth for definite. If Mark says it then it goes in my book, even if it is NOT what I want to hear. He's playing it down but this is the guy on here who would REALLY know the score. Respect to you my friend, I hope all is well,
Teech

"they were affected by Dimebag´s death"-that was the version number one. After that, we got to know that they´d been planning the reunion since THE SUMMER tour. Back in the summer 04, Dime was still alive and kicking :(

And there WERE recording plans. The only word we had from Scott was the "recording new album in February"-he and Charlie were saying it in fucking January, go read the past interviews, too bad you can´t read the past AMs and BBs now.

I respect all the opinions whether you like the reunion shows or not. I just try to state the truth.

I was at the Barrowlands gig and enjoyed it. I've been listening to Anthrax for years but had never seen them with Joey before but tbh, that was the band i consider to be the "real" Anthrax. Whether that's nostalgia speaking or not, they were great. Don't get me wrong, i like Bush (fnar fnar) but when you think of something like Among The Living and compare it to one of the Bush era albums, they're like 2 different bands.

I enjoy Joeys vocals more, Frankie has massive stage presence, Dan is still a massively under-rated player and i don't need to say anything about Scott or Charlie. But even after writing this, i'd have enjoyed the night anyway because i always enjoy gigs. The bands, the atmosphere, it all adds up to a good night out. They never played badly, we got all the classics we'd expect and a few more, yet people still moan. I suppose you can't please everyone.

As for the people saying, "I've seen Anthrax XXXX amount of times and.....", that means nothing.

As for the people saying, "I've seen Anthrax XXXX amount of times and.....", that means nothing.[/QUOTE]

It does if you want to compare gigs!!!