Stop telling Lies Ross, Barrowlands fantastic

Teacher Dave said:
Guys, I'm less than pleased by the total and utter crap posted by the newbie twat below........

Ross says - .......

"newbie twat"....LMAO. I started to read the rest, but all I could make out was blah,blah,blah.....

It seems I've struck a nerve. Opinions are lies? Hmmm.

Dave, I don't care what you think of me. However, I can't let it slide when you say I'm "a boring old bastard who knows fuck all about Anthrax or music in general". That's CLEARLY not true. I'm going to post once to stand up for myself, but I'm not getting into a slagging match. So you'll be glad to know that you CAN get the last word on this one.

I don't want to drag this out but my drumming comment was; "I realised that Charlie Benante isn't as good as I once thought". You can't call me a liar about that! How do you know what I thought?! ...and the 'cheater' comment was meant to be light hearted. How can you take it so seriously?

My Frank Bello comment was positive, as I think Johnnie noticed. I was amazed that Frank still acted the same as he was back in the 80s. Totally going for it, full of energy.

I appreciate everyone who saw my post for what it was (a rather dissapointed fan talking about how he felt, rather than an attack on the band or the people who liked the gig), but I think Dave needs to calm down. It's a band, Dave. That's all. There is no absolute when it comes to musical opinions.

The funniest part was calling me a newbie when I saw Anthrax in 1987! It doesn't matter how old, new, cool or sad you are...if you have an opinion this is the place to air it. I respect the fact that you disagree, but there is no need to abuse me for it. You come across as a thoughtless, reactionary fuckwit.

Are you really a teacher Dave? I pity your students.

Ross, I sure as hell don't want a slagging match either, but as you leap to the moral high ground...
No matter what you say, your post didn't come across as light-hearted, thus the reason I thought you were slagging Bello. Your words were pretty ambiguous. How you think he is a frontman is beyond me. The 'cheater' comment was mean-spirited, in keeping with the tone of your post. If you think/thought Charlie used to be better then you have less sense than I thought. Other people spotted you were talking out your ass about drumming not just me and there is nothing worse than someone who knows zip about playing music trying to act it to look cool. You come across as a jaded old fuck, pal. The reason I called you a newbie is that it says under your name that you've been a member on this board for 3 months. You talk shit and try to come across as intelligent and reasoned but your first post was confused and a mixture of lies and opinions but you seem to be convinced it was all valid opinion because you're too thick to know the difference. It would be great for people like you if genuine guys like me shut it, because then you could talk pish all day long and nobody would call you on it. You are a total dick posing as someone with a brain. BTW I am a teacher. You clearly didn't go to school or read very much as you can't even spell DISAPPOINTED properly you stupid cunt.
My tongue is now firmly in my cheek, but seriously man, you are a stupid old fud.
Love and kisses
Teachxx

I thought his comments were light hearted, you just need to chill out and let the guy have his opinions. Why do you keep calling him an old fudd and things like that when you say you were there in '87? You must be a bit of an old fudd yourself, so why use it as an insult?
As for this comment of yours: "Anyone who has ever spent 2 seconds in Scott's company knows that A) He's not a big eye contact guy unless he knows you well. B) He is polite but VERY wary of strangers and keeps himself to himself C) Prefers the company of those he knows well and is comfortable with."
Well, aren't you basically AGREEING with Ross? He was implying Scott didn't feel comfortable, you've just proved it with your A,B and C, no? :guh:

I thought the show sucked from my seat, and then when I got backstage, and saw Brentney rubbing Belladonna's sack, while Delpi rubbed Brent's sack. I realized: It all sucked.

What I said was that there was plenty of eye contact, far more than he ever had with Bush onstage. What I was also saying was that the guy Ross was acting like an old fud. Age, colour etc has nothing to do with rocking, its how you are inside. Read the post properly. Why don't all you guys start a 'We don't like Anthrax' board and give the people who like the band peace on this board?

Teacher Dave said:
What I said was that there was plenty of eye contact, far more than he ever had with Bush onstage. What I was also saying was that the guy Ross was acting like an old fud. Age, colour etc has nothing to do with rocking, its how you are inside. Read the post properly. Why don't all you guys start a 'We don't like Anthrax' board and give the people who like the band peace on this board?

Dude, people should be able to state their opinions be they negative or positive. Mindless shit talking and bashing is one thing. A well written negative opinion is totally different, and just because you, I, or someone else may disagree with that opinion dosen't make it any less valid. Besides I hate boards where everyone rides the bands jock, and the discussion hardly goes anywhere because everyone's opinion is practically the same.

TD why would I start a board for "We don't like Anthrax"? Where in my post did I say that, or even imply it? I was just giving my take on you and Ross's posts. I couldn't care less if Anthrax have reformed - I think it's a joke considering Scott was saying Joey was a dick and a shit singer not so long ago when they were promoting their covers album, but if they keep putting out good music I couldn't really give a shit what they do. It's up to them to do what they believe they have to.

with the "Frank-frontman" thing: Even when I saw them with John (and he´s a hell of a frontman) I always said that Anthrax had two frontmen, Frank being the second (or maybe the first) one. It was most clear on the Anthrax/Motörhead tour.

I saw em last night...amazing so noone can tell me strories anymore I know for myself now! Joey sung effortless while John was gasping for air on almost every song (old songs of course he did sing his own ones very well) last few times I saw em just amazing!

But Agreed Frank is a helluve entertainer...he was certainly the second frontman of the band, he always gave 100% on all shows I saw! Frankie RULES!

spacebeer said:
while John was gasping for air on almost every song

where did you see that? I don´t know dude, but when I compare e.g. Caught In A Mosh-Live The Island Years version with MOMD version, it´s pretty clear...

I know what I sqaw last night, and we all know the island years is a semi official release which sounds very bad and is nothing more than soundboard quality...

I saw ANTHRAX with Bush 4 or 5 times...he just couldn;t do the old songs like Joey can, I know you hate Joey but he sang like a god yesterday judging from the Dutch metal forums and first reviews I read most agreed with me, actually I have yet to read something negative about the gig.

I have no doubts that a lot of minds and attitudes will be changed when more people see the shows. I was more than ready to slate the new reformed lineup, in fact I was just waiting to give Scott a bollocking email about it. Let me RE-state a few things.

I think Bush is awesome and always have done. I think wcfya is the best album anthrax ever made. I have spent hours chatting to Bello and Rob socially about non-thrax stuff and I was gutted when Bello left and I was really pissed off that Caggiano wouldn't be around this time. I held off emailing Scott until I saw the show. To my surprise it fkn ruled and I was blown away. Dan and Joey were awesome. It should also be noted that I reckon guitar settings/amps have been changed to be a bit more friendly to the vintage material. You aren't hearing the same sounds as recent tours, which some people may not like. All the amps were behind black screens so you couldn't even see what brands they were. You wouldn't have done Black Dahlia with these tones, they were a bit more like 'medusa' I'd say. With regard to some of the other stuff which has been said, there was plenty of eye contact between Scott and Joey. Scott moved around exactly as usual and there was no sulkiness. At no time did I see Joey give Scott the finger, but he was goofing around doing it to the guy beside me and some others.

I really don't see what it matters whether Bush or Belladonna is "the best" singer. After these shows Joey and Dan Spitz will be kicked out and it'll be back to the usual line-up. Won't it? I mean, Scott's consistently slagged off Dan and Joey so why would he want to make this permanent, I can see no reason for it.......
Of course, I can't see any reason why they'd let the clockmaker and the guy that couldn't sing in key on SoE(not my opinion BTW) back in the band for these shows but what would I know about it?

Stormwatch said:
TD why would I start a board for "We don't like Anthrax"? Where in my post did I say that, or even imply it? I was just giving my take on you and Ross's posts. I couldn't care less if Anthrax have reformed - I think it's a joke considering Scott was saying Joey was a dick and a shit singer not so long ago when they were promoting their covers album, but if they keep putting out good music I couldn't really give a shit what they do. It's up to them to do what they believe they have to.
That's precisely why I can't stand this reunion. I've heard Charlie and Scott say with their own mouths what dick's they think Joey and Danny are, and yet here they are out on the road with them. So it makes me wonder why I would ever want to believe them. If they do the "honest" thing, and get back with Bush et al for a new record, then it will have been the coolest reunion ever, because it will have simply been just a reunion. I doubt that will ever happen though.

Dan, Frank and Joey are the most fan friendly of the band I can't imagine they would be "dicks" I think in real it's Scott and Charlie who are the hardest to work with....