DVD set

AnTz0r

Crimson King
Oct 16, 2004
Netherlands
So now that the guessing is going on for the acoustic set i am sure anxious for their other 2 shows as well! I am going to Het Kasteel for sure, and if i can somewhere borrow a car to get me to Biebob I'll be there too :)

So what will be going on for the show there? Will it be a longer show than usual? Any special songs? I am anxious to hear how the Novella songs will turn out. What I remember from the previous tour was that the sound was so damn heavy... it was really great, especially considering they weren't playing over their own equipment and that it was the first day of the tour. Should really suit the new songs.

So what are everybody's thoughts on the set? Personally I am hoping for The Voice Of Failure for the novella album, and The Dead Leaf Echo for TPHD. But most of all some TWTF songs: Within My Flesh and The Spirit Seed, or perhaps Dark Fields For Brilliance. Broken would be pushing it right?? I love that song, too bad there's the female vocals thing that's not there live.

Anyway regardless of what you'll do I'm really looking forward to it guys!!! Can't wait!

I don't want to give anything away really.....I can say that some of those songs you mentioned will likely be heard, and others you mentioned will not. As for length, it's a pretty long set for us, I believe it's longer than the headlining set we did on the last European tour. I think there'll be one or two surprises for you guys. It's hard to please everyone, especially with six albums to draw from.

i know you're right, it's way nicer if it's a surprise. just curious to see how other people will feel. you know how it goes... the anticipation is half the pleasure, hehe.

Pfft.....and to think you once called me a pussy for being a Rhapsody fan! :lol:

There's a few differences here though.....for one, I grew up listening to ABBA and Jim Croce because of my parents, so liking them is something that's a bit more to do with sentimentality and getting used to it over the years. Plus, both artists are amazing songwriters and vocalists, and sold millions of albums respectively. Abba has even had one or two tribute albums performed by all heavy metal artists!

Rhapsody are a bunch of grown men with pirate shirts and tight pants who make the same album over and over again singing about wizards and dragons and how many Yngwie riffs they can steal.

So basically, you're still a pussy, Jasonic. Sorry. :lol:

p.s. I'm just fucking jokin' with you, you know this I'm sure :)

Rhapsody are a bunch of grown men with pirate shirts and tight pants who make the same album over and over again singing about wizards and dragons and how many Yngwie riffs they can steal.

So basically, you're still a pussy, Jasonic. Sorry. :lol:

p.s. I'm just fucking jokin' with you, you know this I'm sure :)

:lol: Larry - of course! Rhapsody are an easy target.

Not that it matters, but Rhapsody are one of the few power metal bands who actually don't make the SAME album over and over.

If we were talking Edguy, HammerFall, Primal Fear, Blind Guardian, etc, then yes. The majority of the "big" power metal acts rarely progress or experiment.

I totally respect the fact that you dig those bands because you grew up with them. For me, those artists would be Billy Joel and Elton John (IE - artists my parents dug).

You know what I hate most about certain DVD sets? The band will put a collection of videos from different shows into 1 and call it the main show... Now call me silly, but I don't like magically warping from Japan to England in the middle of a show. Why can't bands just put a whole piece of show footage? They could include all 3 shows separately and that would be much more awesomer.

I don't think people are too stupid to pop in Disc 2 and click on "Live at Wherever" to see the other shows. There's really no point to combining them all into 1 show. Not only that, but they cut out a lot of content when they do that to make it fit on 1 dvd. I'd rather have 3 good full shows over 2 DVDs than 1 cut-and-paste show on 1 DVD! Even if it raises the price by a couple bucks. Big whop. What do you guys believe?

Well, I believe if a band is far enough into their careers to be considering a DVD release, they should be good enough to perform their songs well. I know this sounds totally jerky, but look at Dream Theater live at Budokan, or Opeth at Shepard's Bush... Sure, they make mistakes, but they don't make like massive show-ruining mistakes.

If like you say, they are perfectionist types who want every song on their DVD to be perfect, then they may succeed in that area but with the quality and continuity of their DVD, they fail. :eek: Even Lamb of god released a good live DVD....