easiest bodom song to play on the guitar

I started out on classical and when I picked up electric the first full "metal" song I learned was Metallica's Jump In The Fire. Depends on how fast you learn and what you can do already I guess.

But I think it might be a good idea to not be focused on CoB material for now cause it's tuned down and is kind of an invite for fucked up tendons if you rush any of it. Even the easy stuff.

Pick songs that are in standard tuning E A D G B E with pretty simple/easy to recognize song structure. Whatever that may be for you. It's basic and you can focus on getting good rather than tunings and other fringes that can come later on.

One of the things in general about Bodom guitar work is the use of pinch harmonics. In some of the rhythm parts they're used, and they're more of a decorative feature than anything else. But it's one of the last things I learned. You could play the riffs without the pinch harmonics but I wouldn't have been successful at it as a beginner. I would've gotten impatient and tried to shred and in the end not know I sounded awful and still suck at rhythm.

A good rhythm guitarist is part of the backbone of any band. If the rhythm isn't stable well... there ya go. It's not how much you do, it's how well you do it. Discipline.

Hmm, I don't know about the easiest song, but the first song I learned was SNBN.. I know you didn't ask for solos but the Bed of Razors one is fairly easy, once you're an OK guitarist.. Good luck :p

I'm learning Bed of Razors... I use <-Warheart->'s tab of the solo....I get sloppy playing high up on the fret board like in the sixth measure because the frets are small and I trip up in the last two measures because of the picking, but over all it's not too hard, it's just a matter of slowing it down and practice. I would learn Sixpounder but that's in C and it wouldn't sound at all right playing it in standard (costs $45 to get my guitar set up to be tuned a whole step down, but I'm just gonna buy a new guitar soon). People say Needled 24/7 is easy, I might try that next.

LR i didn't know you played guitar, thats cool
Yeah, I'm a theory and guitar junkie. As cheesy as it may sound, once I graduate from college(2 years) I plan on moving to Scandinavia somewhere to start a band. Wherever I have connections at that point, I'm trying to start with that now. Maybe you know already, but the U.S. isn't very dependable for good metal musicians. Especially Philly. :(

Nikki's whacky twin brother thinks I play like Chuck. :erk: No pressure, right?

ha ha lol. how long you been playing?

rest that poor mans soul

Been playing for... 7 years. I'd be 10x better I think if I could play more than once a week for a few hours. I live in a dorm with 5 chicks. They don't like my playing. :cry:

yeah, R.I.P. Chuck.

hm, I'm gonna jump and post something else about Chuck in the med. bracelet thread.

Bed of Razors and Sixpounder (Heh I wrote "sexpounder" by accident) seem like some of the easiest, though I tried to play them and gave up. But that's just me and my poor patience level. I'll just stick to drumming.

Yeah, I'm a theory and guitar junkie. As cheesy as it may sound, once I graduate from college(2 years) I plan on moving to Scandinavia somewhere to start a band. Wherever I have connections at that point, I'm trying to start with that now. Maybe you know already, but the U.S. isn't very dependable for good metal musicians. Especially Philly. :(

Nikki's whacky twin brother thinks I play like Chuck. :erk: No pressure, right?
Phil is always telling me how he plays bodom and death songs while growling and stuff, does he actually so this good? hah