Ebay is utter horseshit.

-Gavin-

Gavornator
Jul 21, 2003
Oulu, Finland
What the hell is this?

I sold my events and paypal are holding onto the money till the seller leaves a positive feedback?

Where does that leave me if the jackoff decides to just leave a negative even though he got them in perfect condition or whatever?

Argh

What sucks is my folks posted it out for me and one of the power cables was kinda frayed and a bit faulty... so as a good will gesture i
've posoted from here (no charge) a UK power cable (from my TV) and two balanced speaker cables... does that seem fair?

Uh, yeah, that's incredibly fair and far beyond what most ebayers do! That's ridiculous that you don't get the money until the guy leaves positive feedback, and has never been my experience (I just sold something yesterday and got paypal-ed my payment for it)...

What the hell is this?

I sold my events and paypal are holding onto the money till the seller leaves a positive feedback?

Where does that leave me if the jackoff decides to just leave a negative even though he got them in perfect condition or whatever?

Argh
i just sold a 3000 mixer and they did the exact same thing i had to ship it out of my own pocket

its only in certain categories where people are more likely to cause fraud. they do it till your feedback is over 100 and the approval rating is at, or above 95 percent for total transactions... i went back and forth with paypal and ebay, they told me i had to ship it out of my own pocket unless the guy left positive feedback to allow the funds to clear..it cost me almost $500 to ship the damn mixer from Ohio to Washington state. i was hurting and anxious that week till paypal cleared the funds....... i just completed another transaction outside of the categories listed and they cleared the funds immediately.... ill stick to craigslist and not support paypal and ebay anymore.... listing and final transaction fees then paypal dipping there hands in the pie for transferring the money... ebay and paypal are the biggest scam going now........extortion at its finest and we cant do a damn thing about it

I had a similar experience this week selling my old PowerMac G5. I'm still waiting for my fucking money, meanwhile my old computer is on its way across the country.

I have a feedback score of 98 and a positive feedback rate of 100%. Fuck eBay!!

OK, I just sent eBay an email:

-----------

Your policies suck. I just sold my computer, it's on its way across the country, and you guys are holding my money because of your weak-sauce new policies. I've got it insured, if UPS destroys or damages the computer in any way, they will replace it. Not my problem anymore, I packed it with the attention to detail and single-minded obsession of USA TV's "Monk" - so where is my cash?

And why can't we leave negative feedback for buyers anymore? What if a buyer royally sucks and takes forever to pay, or is abusive in some other way?

And what is up with the INSANE amounts of money you charge on the backside of a transaction? On top of the PayPal fees!

eBay used to be cool, but with your new CEO you guys have completely ruined everything that was once great. Somebody will come up with a better, faster, cheaper, site and steal all of your market share. It's bound to happen, somebody will have enough money to build and promote the next logical solution for buying and selling online, and you will lose your user base, just as Friendster lost to MySpace.

Of course, you guys could change back to being more like eBay was of a couple of years ago, and avoid all of this nonsense, retain your market share, your job security, and monopolistic dominance. Your choice really...

Hahaha, I'm sure they'll be really inclined to listen to you when you put it like that Kazrog :lol:

I once worked at a huge, Fortune 500 company (who shall remain nameless) where we would have meetings where we went through the "highlights" of customer feedback emails. This particular company made a great product, but it only worked in Windows. In these meetings, we particularly celebrated the angry customer emails that literally said:

"Your product is great, I love it and use it every day at work, but it only runs on Windows? No Mac version? You bastards!!!!"

Over and over, thousands of emails from different people, all complaining about the lack of a Mac version, and the word "bastards" was almost always in there. It was awesome. The company eventually came out with a Mac version. :headbang:

From now on, ebay will not be something I'll bother to use anymore. Paypal also. The fees they charge are fucking ridiculous! To top it all off, some scumbag sent me a broken guitar and it was up to me to ship the fuckin thing back to him. It was allegedly insured thru post but when it came to the crunch, the thing wasn't insured at all. I just paid for it! So at my own expense, I'm expected to ship it back and factoring in fees and exchange rates once again, on top of what I'd lost with the original shipping costs - it was easier to go down to the fuckin panel shop and get them to spray paint it and fill the broken shit up for me. I would have also been without a guitar had I sent it back too. Of course paypal and ebay can't do shit all about it because it has to arrive back there in safe condition before a refund can be issued. I'd rather pay to get it fixed than sweat on it for a few weeks, then have customs give me a drilling to check it hasn't got prohibited substances in it too.

Do as I do, don't spend the money at all. Be a scrooge and keep every cent and take a nice vacation when you got enough to spare. You have a great time, no dealing with fuckheads who dip their hands in your pockets and just get away from all the day to day crap!

To everyone complaining about the fees, it's really a decent trade for the audience and convenience they offer. There's millions of people on eBay all the time, and if I need to move something quick, it's the best place to go. I've never had a successful sell through craigslist yet, but have done plenty of private transactions on forums, but they never sell as quick as ebay sells.

To everyone complaining about the fees, it's really a decent trade for the audience and convenience they offer. There's millions of people on eBay all the time, and if I need to move something quick, it's the best place to go. I've never had a successful sell through craigslist yet, but have done plenty of private transactions on forums, but they never sell as quick as ebay sells.

Absolutely - and one way to avoid both paypal holding your money and leveling lametarded fees on you is to just demand payment with a money order! Observe...