Eminence and Celestion impulse pack (Alpha 1.0)

ProjectHamsterdam

God of Emptiness
Nov 12, 2007
Bulgaria
It is my first try at deconvolution, so I hope these are useful.

ProjectHamsterdam_ImpulsePack_Alpha1.0 Notes:

Format: 24kbit, 44.100 mono wave files
Microphone used: Shure SM57
Speakers: Celestion Vintage 30, 8ohm
Eminence The Governor,8ohm
Cabinet: Behringer Ultrastack BG412H (slant)
Deconvolved with Voxengo Deconvolver 1.9.3 (demo version).
Tested with: ReValver Mk III Demo, build date: 08.04.17
Distribution/Legal stuff: FREE

Created September 28th, 2008
by ProjectHamsterdam
e-mail: xn0u4003 (at) gmail (dot) com

Click here to download (.rar file hosted at esnips)

Click here to download e-wav version for ReValver (.rar file hosted at esnips)

If you want to get some idea what they sound like, here's a short preview of each speaker:

Celestion (13) ; Eminence (13)

The general package (1st link) should work with pretty much every impulse plugin out there.

Let me know what you think. I can make more if you like them!

Post your clips here. :lol: :loco::Shedevil::devil::hotjump:

Thank you very much! If I didn't know any better I'd have thought the V30 sample was done with a Mesa Traditional... almost floored when I read it was a Behringer. Can't wait to try them out.

FUCK YEAH DUDE!!! Especially cuz I remember how much the Eminence one raped the V30, thanks a ton!

^This only needs some bass guitar to thicken things up, methinks, otherwise great clip! :)

Thanks guys for the positive response. I will try and make some better ones, more mic positions and some off-axis ones too.

What I want to try for next time is make the impulses with a sine wave as tone test file. These 4 were made with guitar signal from the preamp as tone test and turned out fine, but a sine wave might be better. GuitarHack's ones were made using a sine wave and they slay, so I am trying to achieve that kind of quality. (his impulses are some of the best I've come across)

I forgot to mention these were done through an all tube power amp with two 6L6GC (Electro Harmonix) tubes and two 12ax7s (again Electro Harmonix). Fairly loud (volume at about 50%). Presence was about 8.

Keep the clips coming, guys!

I think I should be ready with a second batch of (hopefully) better ones in a few days.:hotjump::hotjump:

thanks alot dude! I downloaded but havent had a chance to use the impulses yet. Thanks for sharing!

Without sounding like a complete n00b, (because this is my first post!) could someone please point me in the right direction as to the best way to use impulses in protools on osx?

On the FAQ, it just points to wikipedia, which explains more about what impulses are, not now to use them.

I was playing with it all last night, and what i did was, plug my Dean Razorback 255, into the first instrument input on my M-Audio Octane-pre (which is lightpipe to my project-mix i/o)

Then on the track in protools, i used sansamp plugin first, and dialed in a tone i kinda liked, then i put Mellowmuse IR1A (http://www.mellowmuse.com/IR1A.html *only using a demo at the moment*) after sansamp, and loaded the Celestion V30 impulse from above into it at 100% wet.

Sounded good for a first try, but i just wanted to confirm this kinda the right way to do it ?

I also have a Pod XT 3 Live, im not sure if i can use impulses with this in a better way than above?

Sorry to ask questions on this thread, feel free to just post me some links to read.

Many thanks!