ENCHANT FOR HEADLINER ON SATURDAY PLEASE!!!

I recently rented the live dvd of Enchant to see what all the fuss was about. It did nothing for me. I for one could do without them, but to each his own.

Not only aren't they a closer, they're not even a Metal band.

Zod

This show used to be as much about prog, as it is now Power. With the infusion of younger and younger listeners, sadly the prog element seems to have taken a back seat. Enchant would have filled any slot in years passed. I remember watching Jorn close on sat. and thinking how 80s the sound was and that people were gonna bitch. But you know what, he rocked everyone ass off! As would Enchant.:headbang:

Hey, all. For those of you Enchant supporters who keep posting here about them playing, read Ed's request here not to be too crazy about it. He explains several things that you all should read before "bugging Glenn" about them playing this year.

We have seen the love and again we really apreciate the efforts. Thats a hell of a thread and a lot of support. We don't want people getting so crazy with this that it begins to bug Glenn. He does a great job and really puts on a hell of a show each year. He has guidelines and a really good plan and has a pretty good folmula thats working I would say.

Yes Jason we would need to have a new one out, not only for Glenn but for us to make money. Everyone makes more money and the trip and expenses are better covered this way. We would have to go in with a solid product, and a very HEAVY set. Which we would. We had to take some time off and recalibrate things and just have some time away from this for a while. I know it is tough for fans but it is important we have taken some time off.

As far as a new one in 2007 thats the plan.

As far as us being heavy enough or metal, most of the bands who are contacting us to headline shows with them are just that. And have played PP already. So I really don't think thats an issue. It is having a new release next year which we plan on having out.

Some of the best lyrics in prog? Check. One of the best vocalists in prog? Check. Some of the best-written songs ever? Check. Hard-rockers? Check. Fantastic musicianship? Check. Deep catalog? Check.

Has played the US's premiere prog festival? *crickets*

I guess the "heavy enough" debate will go on forever, but to treat Enchant like they're Marillion, Saga, IQ, or something like that is just wrong. I've said it before, if you think earlier Rush would fit in at PPUSA, then I don't see how you can say Enchant wouldn't. (And if you don't think earlier Rush would have belonged at PPUSA, fine -- maybe that would even be Glenn's opinion, too -- but then you have a different idea of what PPUSA means than I do.)

Not to mention that you've got people clamoring for Riverside. And other people who want to see Anathema. Hell, a whole lot of people here would go ape over an acoustic Opeth set. I just don't get it.

IMO, Enchant is exactly the kind of band PPUSA needs to keep it from being overrun with "balls and chunk" bands.

On the other hand, I hate to set Enchant up for failure when a mob of people clear the floor once they find out Enchant isn't some Nevermore clone or Helloween clone and that their lyrics actually have something deep and/or intelligent to say and that *gasp* their songs actually slow down from time-to-time and float between soft parts and heavy parts.

Thanks Matt. Yeah, I saw that a while back too. Which is why I stopped pushing. I've known for a while that they weren't going to be participating this year. Oh well... one can dream, eh?

I do they think they are relavent to this festival though. People want Riverside and they are WAY less metal. I think they are good and all, but don't get that people think they should play PP and not Enchant. I do think they could be headlining status, but I honestly wouldn't want to see them headline a Saturday night. That would be suicide. I think a 3 or 4 slot would suit them best. WHoever closes out the fest HAS to be HUGE. Everyone is super tired by then and attendance tends to wane a bit anyhow.

Oh well... I think I'll just have to fly out to CA the next time they play out there. I'll see them somehow, damn it! ;)

Thanks for posting that. I hadn't seen that before. I don't want to bug Glenn either. I did my bit, as have a lot of us. It's not happening this year. Over the past couple of years, I think that we've made the impression we needed to on Glenn. So, now it is up to Glenn and Enchant to make it happen in the future, if at all possible.

Some of the best lyrics in prog? Check. One of the best vocalists in prog? Check. Some of the best-written songs ever? Check. Hard-rockers? Check. Fantastic musicianship? Check. Deep catalog? Check.

Has played the US's premiere prog festival? *crickets*

I guess the "heavy enough" debate will go on forever, but to treat Enchant like they're Marillion, Saga, IQ, or something like that is just wrong. I've said it before, if you think earlier Rush would fit in at PPUSA, then I don't see how you can say Enchant wouldn't. (And if you don't think earlier Rush would have belonged at PPUSA, fine -- maybe that would even be Glenn's opinion, too -- but then you have a different idea of what PPUSA means than I do.)

Not to mention that you've got people clamoring for Riverside. And other people who want to see Anathema. Hell, a whole lot of people here would go ape over an acoustic Opeth set. I just don't get it.

IMO, Enchant is exactly the kind of band PPUSA needs to keep it from being overrun with "balls and chunk" bands.

On the other hand, I hate to set Enchant up for failure when a mob of people clear the floor once they find out Enchant isn't some Nevermore clone or Helloween clone and that their lyrics actually have something deep and/or intelligent to say and that *gasp* their songs actually slow down from time-to-time and float between soft parts and heavy parts.

Very well put. :heh:

Boring? Check.

Sorry guys, I just don't know what's so great or interesting about them, or what material of theirs would be even remotely heavy or energetic enough for this fest.

As I've said in the past, with a properly constructed setlist, these guys would be a great 3rd slot band on either night. They are really entertaining live.

But it's been quite some time since they've done a new studio disc, so until they do, I really doubt they have a shot at the show.

dt

This show used to be as much about prog, as it is now Power. With the infusion of younger and younger listeners, sadly the prog element seems to have taken a back seat.
While I'd agree with you that this festival is much more Power than Prog, it was never about Prog Rock.

Enchant would have filled any slot in years passed.
We can agree to disagree.

I remember watching Jorn close on sat. and thinking how 80s the sound was and that people were gonna bitch. But you know what, he rocked everyone ass off! As would Enchant.
If by "rocked everyone's ass off" you mean bored me to tears with an endless stream of Whitesnake covers I could have heard at the local bar on "80's Hair Metal Night", than yes, we agree.:loco: Than again, I was walking around in sackcloth and ash, lamenting Nevermore's cancellation. Going from Nevermore to Jorn was like going from Jessica Simpson to... uh.... Ashley Simpson.

Zod