EoR Sort of Sucks.....Thanks for nothing W.D.

plus andy was doing the new Arch Enemy disc... but yeah century media can suck my dog's dick. hopefully nevermore will get picked up by a label that will actually promote and showcase their talent the way it should be

It's a good album, it requires a few listens though. I didn't much like it on the first spin.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
ya, everyone related nevermore to dead heart. are you sad that there was no Believe in Nothing on Enemies? :( :( :( :( :( :(

Too bad your not as funny as you are funny looking. I just refer to Dead Heart for the production. Shit, Dreaming or Politics is what I love. However, and theres always a however in life. I'm not impressed, It pains me to say it. I LOVE NEVERMORE, but EoR isnt cutting it for me. Sorry to shit on your biscuits, Oh well...

dead6skin6mask6 said:
ya, bite me and go grab another tissue

You seem really cool. Just kidding....Do me a favor and eat one of my famous shit biscuits. I'd love for you to stick that little toungue of yours up a camels ass.

What I don't get is that this is a return to the old Nevermore. Dreaming Neon Black has the same sound quality and is a total kick ass album. Sure Dead Heart had better production but it was different from the rest. EoR rocks hard and I love it.

unregistered said:
If you like PoE, I don't see how it's possible not to like EoR--it's fast, heavy, technical, and melodic.

Shit.... what cd are you listening to? And what kind of crack were you smoking? The new album's production is god-awful. Kelly Gray has fucked up everything from Queensryche to Dokken and now Nevermore.

The fucker needs to stick with producing grunge albums (Candlebox), as that is the shit guitar and muddy bass sound EOR has...

Papa Josh said:
Shit.... what cd are you listening to? And what kind of crack were you smoking? The new album's production is god-awful. Kelly Gray has fucked up everything from Queensryche to Dokken and now Nevermore.

The fucker needs to stick with producing grunge albums (Candlebox), as that is the shit guitar and muddy bass sound EOR has...

Perhaps you misunderstood me. The songs are good. Yes, the production sucks, but I think that has been mentioned already. Maybe in ten years we'll get the ultimate super duper remastered version on whatever medium will be the trend then. Listen to the songs, ignore the production. EoR is Nevermore's best album with regard to the writing of the songs.

Papa Josh said:

do you really think kelly gray fucked up dokken... or was it dokken that fucked up dokken hahaha

dokken2.jpg

KingoftheSausages said:
EOR is nevermore's version of St. Anger.

As a fan that can trace his roots back to "Refuge Denied", I would have to say this is the most disappointed I've been in a Nevermore album. I've listened to it over and over again and nothing hooks me. Not a single song. I'm not a fan of numetal, but there's nothing wrong with harmonizing and carrying on a consistent and clear tune. EoR sounds confused, as if it's a child that can't figure out what the hell it is. The lyrics are depthful, as usual, and that's the album's only saving grace. I think I want to blame it on Kelly Gray, but I really like what he did with Second Coming's "13" and am not sure if it was his fault. Dane's vocals sound strained and out of place--almost like he's turning into Geoff Tate, a man who once had range and power but screamed his voice away and is now a caricature of what he used to be as a vocalist. I wouldn't compare EoR to DHIADW nor DNB nor PoE (all of which I loved and count highly as my all-time favorite CDs). I just don't know what to say other than this album depresses me. I expected EoR to be THE METAL ALBUM of the year, the one I could finally play for my friends and know that a new Nevermore fan would be born. I played it the other night for my friends and had to shut it off during Ambivalent.

I can only ditto the comparison to St. Anger. What a depressing year....Micheal Barlow leaves Iced Earth for the Department of Homeland Security and Nevermore pushes out a terd.

Trust me, it was really painful to write this. Nevermore is my band and I'd been dying to EoR since I heard that new material was being written. Unforunately, now I have to wait another 2-3 years to hear something new. I still can't wait to see Nevermore live, just as Metallica was entertaining when playing their old tunes. You will all have your own opinions about this album and I really don't care. There was something distinct about PoE (political anger and agression), DNB (underlying doom and darkness, a ghastly "Blackwater Park" vision), and DHIADW (a bit of metal romanticism and jagged beauty). EoR wants to be all of those things and doesn't come close to any of them.

tr8tr