• B

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • C

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters

CatharsisStudios

trcksngsrpbngs
Jun 25, 2008
alright so i miced up my cab today with metal joneys re-amping (yes guys you will have all of you re-amps tomorrow i firrred it up)

and though i don't have pics i miked the cab the same way with each mic right where the dustcap hits the cone though it was fucking weird with the 609 and all of the same processing to just the usual highpass and low pass

chain:
Right guitar. whatever mark used through whatever interface > reaper > solo_c on clean as boost >rmp > 5150 mesa cab

Left guitar. whatever mark used through whatever interface through whatev reaper > rmp > sd-1 5150 mesa cab etc.

which one do you like the most!?

http://catharsis.supremepixels.com/shootout

are the clips deliberately mixed up?
like you listed em as 57 vs i5 vs 609

like could C be 57?

cos i think
A is i5
B is 609
C is 57

and I like C most, A second, and C sounds a bit mehhh to me.

edit: and get on msn motherfucker

Im not listening on the best speakers at the moment, but C sounded the best to me. B wasnt even in the running. A wasn't bad, but C just had more balls to it, and less fizz.

From what I hear with crappy PC speakers at work I prefer B. IMO it sounds darker than the other ones but I like it.

joeritson said:
Lol, everyone at home with monitors says A or C, then the dude with POS speakers says B
hahaha

Unfortunately I don't have decent monitors in my office... :Smug:
So, I can't say anything about the overall tone but compared to he other clips (and to the music I'm listening to while working) I still prefer B.:)

I quite literally can't wait to see what I thought about the i5 and 57 get thrown back in my face. I've been in a fucking rut with this shit and need a good reason to dick around with new things for a while.

Jeff

I voted for B, but kind of regret it now.. because after listening some more to the clips i find it a bit to dark.
So my vote goes the same as JBrolls, ill take them in alphabetical order!