Epilogue vs. Orion

Epilogue vs. Orion

• Opeth - Epilogue - My Arms, Your Hearse

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Metallica - Orion - Master of Puppets

Votes: 39 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who ever has heard Orphaned Land will know that they have some of the coolest solos ever. Man, first band since Opeth that has REALLY impressed me with solo work.

And hey, Epilogue not a stand-alone track? Do you know how mnay times I have played just that ONE track? Plenty, plenty of times. I love how it fades in and then fades out, there is just something about the overall melody. Brilliant track. Both Epilogue and Orion are HIGHLY emotional, but for different reasons. Epilogue has this breezy tranquility about it - you close your eyes and it takes you away. Orion is HIGH-energy that can bring chills down your spine.

And ORION, btw, is the ONLY Metallica track I REALLY like. Why? Because I absolutely CANNOT stand Hetfield's vocals. What's worse, the vocals COMPLETELY ruin the song (which otherwise would have really good music and all), like, Battery for example. KICK ASS intro, then the vocals and vocal harmony destroy it. "Battery...BA..TE...RY!" Oh man, cheesy.

Best Metallica songs ever?

1. Orion
2. The Call of Ktulu (almost as good as orion)
3. To Live is to Die

I must say though, songs like One, Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters are quite good.

In the end, in this poll, I'd probably pick Orion as well of the two, but, it's not by a landslide.

Fine, but they fixed things really quick. They've been non-cheesy since about '85. Perhaps they are not a counter-example to your statement, but I can think of no other bands that come closer.

Wait... What about Sepultura?

They released the song Necrophobic in '86. :)

As for Sepultura... mmm... Sorry, but here are some of the lyrics from the song "Troops of Doom" (<--- CHEESE!!!)

Total Eclipse Hides The Earth
The Night Of Doom Has Come
Antichrist Soldiers Are Proclaimed
To Send Souls To The Hell

Catastrophe And Destruction
Mankind Is Slaughtered Without Mercy
Suphul Clouds Are In The Air
Legions Winds Corrose The Universe

But keep in mind, cheese is not necesarily a bad thing. I mean, I listen to Immortal! I HAVE to love cheese, which I do. Unless we're talking about power metal, because then it just gets too bad. :p

sepultura.JPG