Epilogue

Beavis

New Metal Member
Sep 5, 2001
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My name's Beavis aka Wolff. After being shut down yesterday, I had to re-register with a new name. This is probably my first and last post under the new name.

I just wanted to say some parting words. Some of the people in this forum suck. I felt ostracized, but if I wanted to be in a majority I would probably not listen to OPETH to begin with. There's no point in discussing your mama's underwear or taking polls on whether Christina Ricci is hot or not in this forum. I still think that we should talk about OPETH, music... maybe art also (poetry, and the like)... but everything else is pollution.

Most Americans (especially teenagers) feel that they have something important to say everytime. In a country where even the most idiotic question/remark is a "good question/remark" it's impossible to tell people anything about shutting their pie. It's not that Americans are so stupid..., it's just that they can advertise their stupidity so effectively.

Anyway, I got kicked out and I won't return here. Thanks to some of you for some nice posts/comments, and metal up your ass to everybody else.

Originally posted by Beavis
I just wanted to say some parting words. Some of the people in this forum suck. I felt ostracized, but if I wanted to be in a majority I would probably not listen to OPETH to begin with. There's no point in discussing your mama's underwear or taking polls on whether Christina Ricci is hot or not in this forum. I still think that we should talk about OPETH, music... maybe art also (poetry, and the like)... but everything else is pollution.

Has it ever struck you it was probably because of ur attitude to others that u were ostracized? The posts you were complaining about seemed to be (to me) not those about christina Ricci etc. (infact in one post u said u like "soccer and pussy" surely that counts as the latter?) but the ones which actually involved intelligent discussion, and I maintain thats what I think makes this forum special. It also seems a shame it ends this way.....

I've noticed a vast difference in the tone and quality of your posts, Wolff. Your analysis of Orchid was excellent, and I even read over it as I listened to the album once. But recently you seem to just pick on and magnify the faults of others. I still would want you to stay though.

It is sad to see you go once again. Sure, you are a temperamental hothead, whose stubborness and self-righteous attitude eat the very foundations you're standing upon. Yet, you are a very intelligent person, whose contradicting views and stimulating comments provoke thoughts in me. I think your leaving is a loss to this forum.

About "useless" and "useful" posts, I won't say much about that, but I sey the following: I think the vast majority of the posts here are pure crap (well, sometimes funny crap) and on general level this forum is no more intelligent than any of the others I visit regularly. Now and then there are incredibly wise posts around here; and from time to time I have felt almost "divine" enlightenment reading them. Yet, they are a minority, IMHO.

However, the mass of the downright silly or unimportant posts doesn't mean anything to me, as long as the true jewels raise their shining heads from time to time. I just simply don't care about the posts I don't like. You apparently do care, and that's your weakness. And weaknesses we have all.

I say it again, it is sad to see you go.

-Villain (attentive fellow peacemaker - failed)

Wolf , no need to leave , but if I ever got shut down (concidering this is my home) I would imadiately leave a do everthing in my power to bring down people that brought me down . But then again , I wouldn't ever get shut down , and if I did it would be for some stupid reason like PROMOTING MY BAND , I remember in a lot of posts your views were very effective and many times you changed the direction of the post and opened other's minds , but trolling is no way to get attention . That is the only thing that I never ever want to see on this board and if we get another Raptured Heart THeory here ( metal maniacs veterans know what i'm talkin about) then i'll leave along with alot of people , I've counted more then ten people that have suffered in the mm board and came here instead .

This board is the mother of em all , it shall never be trolled .

Originally posted by Villain
About "useless" and "useful" posts, I won't say much about that, but I sey the following: I think the vast majority of the posts here are pure crap (well, sometimes funny crap) and on general level this forum is no more intelligent than any of the others I visit regularly. Now and then there are incredibly wise posts around here; and from time to time I have felt almost "divine" enlightenment reading them. Yet, they are a minority, IMHO.

Just out of interest which do u consider crap and which usefull?

what happen to the pussy post? i said something, whoever wrote it must probably get piss off at me. i hate the opinion of people here too, i didn't want to go back to forum and find opeth fan else where instead. but then i got bored and whent back here and...well i still get piss sometime. but i read some of wolff post and i agree of most of the stuff he say.
i use to be with all the metallica fan long ago. thinking back, i can't imagine how dumb those metallica fan must be. god, they are just so goddamn annoying. how can metallica fan lsiten to opeth and still think metallica is the best, i know each person have their fav, but these people been brainwash by american music or something. people these day jsut lsiten to music becuz it make them cool and be part of something that they think will make them cool. some people, the music they lsiten to doesn't even reflect themself. ok i'm done complaining, now you can keep discussing, stuff. :)
oh and epilogue is my fav opeth song out of all

Hey Wolff.

Was your ostricization something that occured prior to the argument which ended up resulting in your expulsion? I wasn't aware of it, anyways, you seemed to be treated pretty much the same as everybody as a member of the forum. I apologize if there's something I'm missing that would lead me to believe otherwise.

It is unfortunate that this had to happen, but I hope you realize that your actions left little choice. Had you not gone and began creating those excess threads, this wouldn't have had to have been necessary.

I'm quite saddened that somebody had to be kicked off the forum. This goes right to the core of the "*sigh*" thread - we're getting bigger and the little pseudo close-knit culture we had cultivated has lost it's innocence. (Well... you know what I mean)

Take it easy (I mean this literally specifically for you)
- Hoser

I'm grateful that I didn't read the offending thread, because I don't want to spoil my Opethian experience...this is one of the few BBs where I've never had a serious dispute with anyone, and I intend to preserve that perfect record. You guys fucking rule.

Originally posted by Villain
It is sad to see you go once again. Sure, you are a temperamental hothead, whose stubborness and self-righteous attitude eat the very foundations you're standing upon. Yet, you are a very intelligent person, whose contradicting views and stimulating comments provoke thoughts in me. I think your leaving is a loss to this forum.

However, the mass of the downright silly or unimportant posts doesn't mean anything to me, as long as the true jewels raise their shining heads from time to time. I just simply don't care about the posts I don't like. You apparently do care, and that's your weakness. And weaknesses we have all.

I say it again, it is sad to see you go.

Villain,

Thanks for your compassionate post. I'm fairly stubborn yes, and when I take music so seriously and passionately you tend to be somewhat self-righteous and yet sometimes contradictory. As far as intelligence goes, let's not kid ourselves... I'm fairly average.

The reason I forcefully protested against the pollution of this forum, is that I don't have the luxury to spend hours and hours in here. I travel a lot and those free minutes I have I like to check my e-mail, some soccer scores and what's going on in the Opeth forum. I don't want to weed out for half an hour what's pertinent in this forum. Some people refuse to even consider that point, so I'll refuse to even bother coming to this forum.

I proposed some guidelines, and I was told to fuck off, that I was stupid and whatever. See the "time 2012" thread for more info. I was angry so I posted 30 new posts on soccer and I was denied access. In all fairness, if religious/Christina ricci/should weed be legal/ ae allowed in, why do my soccer/pussy posts get deleted? Double standards?

Anyway I suppose the majority has its way.

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
Hey Wolff.

Was your ostricization something that occured prior to the argument which ended up resulting in your expulsion? I wasn't aware of it, anyways, you seemed to be treated pretty much the same as everybody as a member of the forum. I apologize if there's something I'm missing that would lead me to believe otherwise.

It is unfortunate that this had to happen, but I hope you realize that your actions left little choice. Had you not gone and began creating those excess threads, this wouldn't have had to have been necessary.

I'm quite saddened that somebody had to be kicked off the forum. This goes right to the core of the "*sigh*" thread - we're getting bigger and the little pseudo close-knit culture we had cultivated has lost it's innocence. (Well... you know what I mean)

Take it easy (I mean this literally specifically for you)
- Hoser

Read the Time 2012 forum. I posted the soccer/links after Satori's reply.

Read the Time 2012 forum. I posted the soccer/links after Satori's reply.

Butthead,

You fail to understand that there is a crucial difference between posting because you are in good humor seeking out others imput on a subject and posting to be the drok you were being, to spite others and make a lame (unsuccessful) point.

You also forget, that when topics are eclectic as "soccer" or the year "2012" or so they do it with some form of preface or apology. I.e, they don't forget their manners.

Wolff I'm a 100% with you. This forum used to be quite good, now it's all bullshit....It's a disgrace to Opeth if you ask me.

Originally posted by Despot
Wolff I'm a 100% with you. This forum used to be quite good, now it's all bullshit....It's a disgrace to Opeth if you ask me.

I think quite the opposite. I think they would be proud. Or at least would like 2 think that. Probably no longer. But hey...we disagree on many things so I'm not gonna argue

Villain,

Thanks for your compassionate post. I'm fairly stubborn yes, and when I take music so seriously and passionately you tend to be somewhat self-righteous and yet sometimes contradictory. As far as intelligence goes, let's not kid ourselves... I'm fairly average.

The reason I forcefully protested against the pollution of this forum, is that I don't have the luxury to spend hours and hours in here. I travel a lot and those free minutes I have I like to check my e-mail, some soccer scores and what's going on in the Opeth forum. I don't want to weed out for half an hour what's pertinent in this forum. Some people refuse to even consider that point, so I'll refuse to even bother coming to this forum.

I proposed some guidelines, and I was told to fuck off, that I was stupid and whatever. See the "time 2012" thread for more info. I was angry so I posted 30 new posts on soccer and I was denied access. In all fairness, if religious/Christina ricci/should weed be legal/ ae allowed in, why do my soccer/pussy posts get deleted? Double standards?

Anyway I suppose the majority has its way.

To quote some Maiden:

"You don't get a say till the majority has its way
You're outnumbered by the bastards
Till the day you die."

Just deal with it man.