ethnic origins

Moms side:
Grandma - Lithuanian (got here in 1913)
Grandpa - German

Dads side:
Im not sure which is which, but theres alot of German/Austrian/Polish and a little Italian, Irish, and Cheyenne thrown in.
The name used to be from Austria(not sure how its spelled) *Niplashon*, and they changed it to Neposchlan

My last name is pretty irregular, considering my roots: Fleidervish.
When I was little, my grandparents told me that it means something like "a feather duster for ovens" in Yiddish.:zombie:
I still laugh over this occasionally.

I'm adopted, and so was my birth mom - fuck all of you with your "family history" :mad:

That said, if anyone wants to shoot me a couple grand for some haploid testing, well then I'm all for it.

Mother's side:
Spanish/Mexican.

Father's side:
A fair bit of Swedish.
Also, Scottish, Irish, Norwegian, Finnish, and various others....

I'm some mix of German and Polish from each side of my family. Both have altered last names so, there's not much chance of tracing back too far. I know my dad's side is from Baden in southern Germany, and probably left in 1848 or so during religious turmoil. My mom's lineage probably left Poland about 1880.

My great-great grandfather on my mother's side, John Deckop, came from Nassau, Germany (near Koblenz). It was the last stop on my whirlwind journey through Europe last summer. The town even has its own castle overlooking it.

n1232460105_30179868_1265.jpg

n1232460105_30179869_1529.jpg

n1232460105_30179872_2298.jpg

n1232460105_30179873_2571.jpg

Awesome photos.

My mother's side is half Polish, a quarter English, and a quarter Irish. My father's side is Russian. That is what I've always been told, though in truth that's completely inaccurate as the whole of my family has actually been American for nearly two centuries. I'm sure I'm much more ethnically diluted than that and I have no ties whatsoever to my family's origins.

i'm norwegian with bits of english and german in the mix. but my mothers side is almost completly norwegian. both of my mothers parents are norwegian. i believe one is full. the other is atleast half. good stuff
~gR~

My mother was 100% Russian, and my dad is half Finnish, quarter Ukrainian and quarter Irish. Neither were born in America, and neither was I.

anything more specific? "african" is pretty vauge.

and im gonna guess the native american part is cherokee? quite common amongst black folk, considering the cherokee are from the south, and mixed alot with the usupers ofthe land
~gR~

anything more specific? "african" is pretty vauge.

and im gonna guess the native american part is cherokee? quite common amongst black folk, considering the cherokee are from the south, and mixed alot with the usupers ofthe land
~gR~

Nothing more specific than African I'm afraid.

My mother has significant Native American ancestry possibly Cherokee but I am not sure.