european tour: reviews, comments, questions

Originally posted by Wanderingblade
Hey Seraph - I remember you as well... I was just to the right of Hywel.

Can I have piccies as well?

No Probs. As I only have a PC in work I'll have to get to a Cyber Cafe or something and scan em in. As soon as I get around to it I'll mail you guys all the pics I scanned but be patient cos it'll be a big job!! Lotsa pics taken!! I'll get them to ye all though -- I promise.

Seraph

Ok, first of all, I don't post this in the "european tour" thread 'cause there's no reviews anymore and it has become a regular chat thread (which is nice of course :) )

Second of all to the ones who either helped me or read I was in trouble to get to the gig on time, just tell you all that I arrived on time to the gig, shamefully I could not see Griffin and hopefully I could not see Sinergy, but wonderfully I could see the whole set of the BAND :)

There was maaaaaaaaaany people from this board there....it was me, |ngenius, Hedon, Zodijackyl, Warwick and this Oav guy and two nice friends of them who don't post here regularly afaik ;)

The venue was cool, the night was cold and rainy and half of the city was attending one goddamned football match...and then the probably best gig I've atended this year started...
Since I arrived late I couldn't get to the front, so I stayed backwards wat...enjoying the gig...
If I tried to sum up the whole set then I would be lieing, specially if we think that my average braincells live for no more than 3 hours...so up to now my current braincells have just heard stories from ancient braincells about the set of the concert...
But the flickering memories of the brilliant performance are still vivid in my mind...Everyone ruled, with special mention to Stanne who after a gig watching him I feel myself much uglier and less interesting being :p So my new Xmas present is a feeling for music Stanne has :D
The sound was also great, I was amazed with the performance on Niklas and Martin, which I've seen much better as a player than in the previous tour (and also he smiled aswell ;) )
Michael and Anders also played greatly, and specially the bass sound was superb. Backwars, poor Martin won't get a review from me because I nearly couldn't see him, but at least what I heard was great...The whole of it was really wonderful...

Best moments of the gig???? well the usual ones....Insanity's Crescendo, Lethe, Hedon (I always get really touched on this one live), Zodijackyl Light, Haven, The Wonders At Your Feet and from the new ones i really enjoyed how they played Damage Done...

Worst moment of the gig???? well right afterwards I was summoned somewhere else and I couldn't buy anything, and there was a damn cool hoody...well nextime or may be on a cd store...

I had really a great great time and it's always a pleasure to see such a great band with so little ego for being so big!!!! so once again i felt myself at the feet of the wonders :)

fathervic (and as a matter of fact, the L43 was cheerfully delivered ;) :rolleyes: )

yeah, it's the biggest problem with oceans, one always has troulbe to cross them...next time, grab some money and take a flight directly to the cheapest place they play in ;)

fathervic (not an ocean but a sea)

They played Insaniti´s Crescendo? They didn´t here in Madrid, neither Undo control :( But it was greeeeeeeeeeeeeat. I was in front ,because the place was small and we were waiting for almost 5hours the doors to open. I had stanne singing in my face, its was wonderfull. there was no distance betwen us and the set (The place was very small) and I felt in ecstasy.

How big is "Mephisto"? (they played there, didn´t they?)

nonoonnonnno
they played in Razzmatazz II and even I would have sweared there were more people, there were 600 hundred people there...

Mephisto simply sucks big time, and razzmatazz II rocks big time, you see just a su and ro difference ;)

fathervic (who didn't felt in ecstasy but quite comfy ;) )

I was there too!!

It was my first Dark Tranquillity gig, and I founded them impressionant, specially Stanne who is a machine and Nicklasson, great guy...

it is the concert I have enjoyed more in my life, not the best (it was the Dream theater one in february in barna) but the one I enjoyed it the more.

I really got surprised when michael come to shake hands with the people after the concert, and then he jumped over us... I think this shows his complete humility, and the whole band too...

No have to say that you, fathervic, didn't missed anything by arriving late and didn't see neither sinergy nor griffin...they only made us wanted more to see Dark Tranquillity...

cool day - i met the band for the first time. we took mikael, niklas and martin (guitar) sightseeing on a nice, although slightly rainy, typical milanese afternoon. interesting conversations and i also enjoyed the monuments (you typically tend not to care about the good stuff constantly around you).

fun moment #1:

someone in the crowd saw rahvin's ultimatemetal.com shirt and she told him that she uses to visit this forum - when he told her he was the mod she went like "ooooh! i read all your posts!". we subsequently wondered whether she wanted his autograph.

setlist: great. band: great. i have a bad headache and i'm in a negative mood so i sound less enthusiastic than i should, but i am happy. :D

h

*zoidberg* "it's funny, you live in the universe but you never do this things 'til someone comes to visit" */zoidberg*

fathervic (i dated a robot)

I go to Montreal, Quebec to see all the great metal shows, and I must say it has an awesome metal scene! I was just wondering why they wouldnt just come up here for a few tour dates??

DT KICKS ASS

COME TO MONTREAL!

(sorry for merging your thread in, fathervic, but we better try to keep this a bit on topic if remotely possible ;) ).

yesterday was the greatest day ever. :hotjump:
not only have i spent so much time with the band before and after the show, but i also managed to talk and talk a lot with most of them, buy the best t-shirts and a whole lot more. it was actually so good i'm still pretty overexcited, so i'm not going to post a review of the show (yet). i'm wearing an expression of pure bliss. :D

rahvin.

how come i always get horrible headaches and a killer mood on the greatest days ever??? :cry:

h

what a day it has been yesterday. :D
what a great concert! the setlist was perfect, the band played very well (mikael was amazing... i'm deeply impressed by his performance)... i guess that "Monochromatic Stains" is the song i liked the most, but all the others were so good. :eek:
i managed to take a picture with mikael and michael and i got the ticket signed by michael. :oops:
i don't know what else to say, it was all just perfect. :)
i'm soooo happy. :hotjump:

@rahvin: thanks very much for that guide, without it i'd be still lost in milan. ;) (the area near the stadium was so crowded... maybe because of the match :rolleyes: :D )

Miolo