European tour with Slipknot

WTF?

Corey Taylor and Joey Jordison are the only talent in Slipknot. Corey Taylor is a very good singer... Don't believe me? Search Stone Sour on Youtube.

I know Stone Sour, I don't like them. In fact I don't give a shit about singer/lyrics, I listen to the music. So the singer is not really an important part for me in a band to decide if I like them or not. I hate James LaBrie's (Dream Theater) voice particulary live, but I love Dream Theater. And my favourite band's singer doesn't know the lyrics and spends half of the time singing yeow yeow.

I know Stone Sour, I don't like them. In fact I don't give a shit about singer/lyrics, I listen to the music. So the singer is not really an important part for me in a band to decide if I like them or not. I hate James LaBrie's (Dream Theater) voice particulary live, but I love Dream Theater. And my favourite band's singer doesn't know the lyrics and spends half of the time singing yeow yeow.

Hey mine too :p, I especially like the 2nd fucking yeow you know.:headbang:

I still think Corey Taylor is a top 5 singer. Hell, he might even be the best

And Joey Jordison is an excellent mainstream drummer, but I know a shit load of underground drummers that would put his ass to shame. But he is still, in fact, an excellent fucking drummer

I hate Joey Jordison so much, HE'S NOT THAT GOOD.

Mike Portnoy, Derek Roddy, George Kollias, Inferno > Joey Jordison.

^^ Come on there are tons of great metal singer !! I think he has a good voice and he sings really well but what about Maynard form Tool and A Perfect Circle for instance, well I don't want to make a list now... But maybe you meant the growls, scream etc...

WTF?

Corey Taylor and Joey Jordison are the only talent in Slipknot. Corey Taylor is a very good singer... Don't believe me? Search Stone Sour on Youtube.

Are you telling me that Mick Thompson and James Root are shit players? They are in fact very good players. Good technique too...Im not even kidding. I think you need to start thinking before talking...also the 5 threads you usually create in one day are not helping me to tolerate you!!!

Taylor's pretty good at all of that shit. Screaming, growling, and a great singing voce. But Stone Sour beats the shit out of a Slipknot.

And slipknot is done after their new album anyway.

Are you telling me that Mick Thompson and James Root are shit players? They are in fact very good players. Good technique too...Im not even kidding. I think you need to start thinking before talking...also the 5 threads you usually create in one day are not helping me to tolerate you!!!

Root is alright (I've seen his work in stone sour), but Mick is a little...

I mean, they had a ton of solos and riffs in their volume. 3 album... But they never played their solos live? WTF

This is bullshit anyway, regardless of how "talented" or un-talented the members of Slipcock are, the music they write fucking sucks shit so it makes no difference.

^Just gonna point out that the guy said "only talents are..." and i answered him.

Agree to disagree on that one, since I think you're dead-wrong, and you think I'm dead-wrong. We're never going to get anywhere with this.

Check out Between the Buried and Me, or All That Remains, two good metalcore bands. I used to think all core sucked too, until I found these two bands.

Also, phenom: IMO, Lamb of God are just plain Metalcore. They may have thrash/death influences, but those don't make them inherently thrash or death.

Yeah could be. Other good metalcore bands are Unearth,Hatesphere,Parkway Drive

This is bullshit anyway, regardless of how "talented" or un-talented the members of Slipcock are, the music they write fucking sucks shit so it makes no difference.

This is biased bullshit and ignorance at it's best

Listen to volume 3

should i bring up some of their shity lyrics? just say the word.

I am just sick of people that hate Slipknot because they are "nu metal," and will not listen to them purely because of that reason. The kind of people who will listen to nothing even remotely mainstream.
By confining yourself intolerantly to one genre of metal, you are betraying metal itself.

People say that they hate Slipknot because they scream, and saw pointless things about hurting and killing people. Listen to Mayhem. They scream, and all of their lyrics are gruesome and violent in nature, yet they are very popular, purely because they are underground.

Mayhem and Slipknot are almost the same band, except one is cult and underground and the other is mainstream, and that is what causes people to hate the mainstream.

Makes sense?

I still think Corey Taylor is a top 5 singer. Hell, he might even be the best

And Joey Jordison is an excellent mainstream drummer, but I know a shit load of underground drummers that would put his ass to shame. But he is still, in fact, an excellent fucking drummer

Erm.... no. Rusell Allen, Phil Anselmo, Bruce Dickinson, Hansi Kürsch, Jari, Angela Gossow, Warrell Dane,... I think Corey will have to go a bit lower in that list.

I hate Joey Jordison so much, HE'S NOT THAT GOOD.

Mike Portnoy, Derek Roddy, George Kollias, Inferno > Joey Jordison.

I don't hate him but I agree there are many drummers that are better than him, for example all you listed there. I would add Darren Cesca (Arsis) too, Saray (Vader), Dave Lombardo (Slayer) or Kai Hato (Wintersun).

I am just sick of people that hate Slipknot because they are "nu metal," and will not listen to them purely because of that reason. The kind of people who will listen to nothing even remotely mainstream.
By confining yourself intolerantly to one genre of metal, you are betraying metal itself.

People say that they hate Slipknot because they scream, and saw pointless things about hurting and killing people. Listen to Mayhem. They scream, and all of their lyrics are gruesome and violent in nature, yet they are very popular, purely because they are underground.

Mayhem and Slipknot are almost the same band, except one is cult and underground and the other is mainstream, and that is what causes people to hate the mainstream.

Makes sense?

Dude, Slipknot are okay, but it is not the lyrics, its the crappy b tuned guitars, factory made riffs, awful song structure, lack of meaning and its not Death Metal- which is "allowed" to have the above. No solos and immature lyrics like "fuck this world" give them a bad reputation

Erm.... no. Rusell Allen, Phil Anselmo, Bruce Dickinson, Hansi Kürsch, Jari, Angela Gossow, Warrell Dane,... I think Corey will have to go a bit lower in that list.

I don't hate him but I agree there are many drummers that are better than him, for example all you listed there. I would add Darren Cesca (Arsis) too, Saray (Vader), Dave Lombardo (Slayer) or Kai Hato (Wintersun).

Agreed

But Angela has a decent growl, but she is nothing special. The studio does everything else for her.

No, it's all about fucking preference. You can't compare the vocals of Slipknot to the vocals of Mayhem, Mayhem = Black Metal vocals (although Maniac is fucking gay) Slipcock = shouting like goddamn retard.

Every Slipknot song I've ever heard has made me cringe, it simply sounds like a bunch of downys trying to escape from a locked dumpster.

EDIT: For the record, Corey sounds just like every other american accent tinged whiney shit singer. Nothing unique or special about his voice at all.

^^Studio does the rest? Angela doesn't use any distortion or anything, just a bit of reverb, etc.

^:lol: At the downys thing, :lol:

Makes sense?

I don't need to read more. Are you retarded?? I like any of those bands, but they have nothing to do with each other.

And you're obviously biased by Stone Sour, because although they are nothing great, Mick Thompson beats the shit out of Jim Root.