European tour with Slipknot

I believe their a mix of death/metalcore, but still a pretty good band. As I lay dying is also a mix of death/core.

There are only a few "core" bands I like. Bands like trivium, a7x, annd other ruin that genre.

That would make them deathcore...which they fuckin ain't.

Well...

Lamb of God was formed as an instrumental band, Burn the Priest, and included vocals firstly after Randy Blythe joined the band as a vocalist. After they reached the success with the release of 2004's Ashes of the Wake[30][31] the band is often associated with such terms as the "leaders" of the "New Wave of American Metal"[4] and "pure American metal"[31] or "pure American death metal".[30]

Burn the Priest and early Lamb of God has been defined as a thrash metal, death metal and hardcore punk hybrid[31] with a strong element of power groove,[1][32] which often connects Lamb of God with the influential groove metal band Pantera.[8][15][31][32][33][34][35][36] Burn the Priest and early Lamb of God include typical death metal vocals[31] with only a few moments of words that can actually be deciphered.[1] The style has been considered to vary between several different genres, including hardcore, thrash metal, and even sludge metal.[31]

[...]

Due to the variety of influences, stylistic elements and changes throughout the bands career the press has chosen several genres and terms to describe Lamb of God's music. Lamb of God has been labelled as a metalcore [37] and groove metal band.

This is the site of the venue the guy says they're playing: http://www.le-zenith.com/paris/
When you go to programmation and then to november (on the site where the guy ordered his ticket it said they would play on the 21th of November) it doesn't say anything about Slipknot..
It's just so weird :p

Slipknot are a pretty cool live band.When they supported Metallica, most of the ignorant 'Tallica supporters who wouldn't give them a chance (me included) were headbanging like crazy half way through the set. One of the drummers (the clown guy) just sat on his drums headbanging for the majority of the set,got down to play a quick drumroll and hopped up again. They have way more members than is needed in that band but they do put on a good show..And they've got new masks I've heard,I'd pay just to see them try to rock out,or basically just try to balance themselves on stage with those things on..
ootp_enter5.jpg

Machine Head are a good band, pity cob are just going to support based on accessibility of the music and the popularity of the bands..

Slipknot is a good band, and their are good 'core' bands... but that is just ME sayign that. GUESS WHAT BOYS!!! There's no such thing as a bad band, I mean it's a fucking matter of opinion and you people always make me laugh when you take it serious. It's one thing to trade opinions, talk about what bands you like and why you like them, and to talk about the same things regarding the bands you don't, that is enjoyable to me, when there's respect, but when you go as far as to actually argue and say 'OMG THAT BANDS SUCKS YOU'RE A FAG' (unless it's a joke), then :lol: You just lost my respect and attention.

wow, what the hell happened to you while I was gone? did aliens obduct you and change your brain or something?

Lamb of God is a core band ? :err:

(No genre wars, I'm seriously asking)
I would say so, yes

Slipknot are a pretty cool live band.When they supported Metallica, most of the ignorant 'Tallica supporters who wouldn't give them a chance (me included) were headbanging like crazy half way through the set. One of the drummers (the clown guy) just sat on his drums headbanging for the majority of the set,got down to play a quick drumroll and hopped up again. They have way more members than is needed in that band but they do put on a good show..And they've got new masks I've heard,I'd pay just to see them try to rock out,or basically just try to balance themselves on stage with those things on..
ootp_enter5.jpg

Machine Head are a good band, pity cob are just going to support based on accessibility of the music and the popularity of the bands..
the clown being one of the founders, shawn crahan is one of the guys who makes the shows to what they are. For the record: he's not a drummer, he's a percussionist, slipknot only has one drummer, Joey Joridson

^ :lol: Oooooh burn! I know the clowns a 'percussionist' but I didn't feel the need to specifically state that since his instruments are essentially drums. Slipknot are good live, I just don't dig most of their stuff, hey, if someone got something wrong about one of my fav. bands I'd be nit-picky and call them up on it too I suppose :lol:

^the stuff he plays on are not exactly drums, they're heavier. I do admit they used to be my fave band though but I've grown to greater stuff than them. I have the nack of remembering stuff for quite some time though.

new american gospel and as the palaces burn = death metal
ashes of the wake = metalcore
sacrament = thrash, so i think anyway. Sounded like a pantera rip-off

But deathcore is a major faggotry... And Slipknot has more talent than JFAG.
Agree to disagree on that one, since I think you're dead-wrong, and you think I'm dead-wrong. We're never going to get anywhere with this.

And most core is very bad. The only decent core bands out there is LoG... Mind is going blank now.
Check out Between the Buried and Me, or All That Remains, two good metalcore bands. I used to think all core sucked too, until I found these two bands.

Also, phenom: IMO, Lamb of God are just plain Metalcore. They may have thrash/death influences, but those don't make them inherently thrash or death.

theprp.com is reporting a late summer/early fall run of bodom with between the buried and me and the black dahlia murder for the us

LOL

So I posted this tpoic on Slipknot's offcial site, and that fucktard of a mod must've deleted it. WTFlol

^I hope I could say the same, but I don't think they are coming near me this summer and I don't have money to afford Tuska/Waken like festivals :erk: So if my first chance to see them is that one, I supose I'll take it, and then go, see COB, get hammered while Machine Head and Slipknot are playing and if I get so see any COB member talk to them and if not go back home with their performance in mind and a shitload of alcohol in my stomach.

Although I still hope this tour is NOT real or it's left for when they go to USA the 2nd time with Blooddrunk. I want a fucking headliner in Europe as they said.

Wow, this could create some sparks and boos when Slipknot warms up for COB.

Wake up from your dream dude. Slipknot will headline and COB be open act if this happens. It sucks but it will be like that if it happens.

the clown being one of the founders, shawn crahan is one of the guys who makes the shows to what they are. For the record: he's not a drummer, he's a percussionist, slipknot only has one drummer, Joey Joridson...

...who is the one who makes Slipknot decent. If Joey Jordison goes out of Slipknot, Slipknot are dead.

I thought Slipknot was headlining:err:

Becase they will if this tour is finally made.

Bodom save that lineup from utter and complete lose.

Agreed.