Evanescence........

Their shit label, Wind Up, also apparently made them use that goof from 12 Stones on their single. It cracks me up when he does that processed growl bit. They are all whores.

Also, I wasn't making issue with anybody being Christian (I'm Catholic, so I shouldn't talk), but I think they have more in common with mindless, brainwashing garbage like Amy Grant and DC Talk (or that Our God is an Awesome God bullshit, hehe) than with anything made by relevent bands who may or may not be Christian. I've read a few interviews with them and they just can't go too long without singing the praises of Jesus or whatever. It's like, there are musicians out who happen to be Christian, and there are Christians out there who happen to be "musicians".

That, and the guitarist is wretched.

Metal Head Grunt said:
Man you guys who said you liked Evanescence are fucking gay and should not post here anymore. Numetal sucks ass.

LOL... thank you for reminding me why newbies to this forum get such a hard time... you've already marked yourself out as an ignorant, homophobic, judgemental fool.

I'm sure the editor of UM, Mark Bridgeman, will be happy to listen to your recommendation that I shouldn't post here anymore simply because I like Evanescence's singer's voice (note - not the band, just her voice)... of course, that would mean he'd have to find a new moderator for this forum, and a new staff writer...

Idiot.

:)

dill_the_devil said:
LOL... thank you for reminding me why newbies to this forum get such a hard time... you've already marked yourself out as an ignorant, homophobic, judgemental fool.

I'm sure the editor of UM, Mark Bridgeman, will be happy to listen to your recommendation that I shouldn't post here anymore simply because I like Evanescence's singer's voice (note - not the band, just her voice)... of course, that would mean he'd have to find a new moderator for this forum, and a new staff writer...

Idiot.

:)

That was great :lol:

Ultimate_Symphony said:
That was great :lol:

*takes a bow*

LOL... it may have been a bit harsh, actually... but then again, there's something about a person with a single-figure post count questioning my sexuality and telling me I have no right posting on a website that I've been writing for for two years based purely on their appraisal of one, tiny aspect of my scope for musical appreciation that puts my back up a little.

*sigh*

Still, there could be hope for him yet... he is a Napalm Death fan, after all... *optimistic*

None_So_Vile said:
im sorry but i just think they're complete lacuna coil rip-offs and lacuna coil are a million times better. sexy female singer with a good voice? male singer to back her up? melodic verses with riffy choruses? very very similar to lacuna coil. they're shite as well anyway

Not just Lacuna Coil but think of Nightwish here. When I heard there song on MTV I was thinking -- "Oh great here is a NightWish clone"

Right. A Nightwish clone. When Evanewhatever learns how to string a song together, play their instuments properly and hires a halfway decent vocalist, then they will draw comparisons to Nightwish. Until then they are Linkin Park with a crappy female singer and Jesus lyrics. Wait. Now that I think about it, Linkin Park is great compared to this trailor trash bullshit excuse for music.

dill_the_devil said:
*takes a bow*

LOL... it may have been a bit harsh, actually... but then again, there's something about a person with a single-figure post count questioning my sexuality and telling me I have no right posting on a website that I've been writing for for two years based purely on their appraisal of one, tiny aspect of my scope for musical appreciation that puts my back up a little.

*sigh*

Still, there could be hope for him yet... he is a Napalm Death fan, after all... *optimistic*

Nah, it wasn't that harsh :tickled: that was a great way to welcome a newbie to the board :lol:

The singer carries the band, and she is good. But also people don't judge by the song being played on MTV right now, that rapper guy isn't in the band. The songwriting still isn't all that great, but its a lot better without that guy.

Average band at best, definitely not metal, that radio song is their heaviest (so they are the opposite of Sugar Ray when it comes to releasing singles), Christian or not its the music that counts and this album isn't really worth your money unless you are desperate for female led rock. Wait there are tons of female led rock/metal bands now, so why waste your money here?
Try Atrox, Madder Mortem, Arch Enemy, Sinister, The Gathering, Lacuna Coil, Brave, Crisis, The Cardigans, Dark Moor, Fairyland, Dreams of Sanity, Lita Ford, Heart, Garden of Shadows, Joan Jett, Nightwish, Pale Forest, Rain Fell Within, Power Symphony all are better then
Evanescence