Evanescence........

Here's the deal : I am not going to beg and plead anyone to like this CD, but I will say this:

The single is not an accurate indication of the music on this CD. There is a heavy nu-metal influence on this CD and that's the way it is, but I don't care for nu-metal. This CD has many influences and while the Lacuna Coil comparison I can see a little bit, this band and singer sounds very little like Nightwish.
If any of you here decide to dismiss this band because they have one song that has some rappish stuff in it or because they are radio friendly on the one song, all I can say is thast you are missing out.
Evanescence isn't even metal, much less nu-metal, but they ae definitely not rehashers. The guitarist/songwriter is a bit limited in his playing style, but at the same time, he writes music that Amy can just wail on. They could go into several different directions on their next CD and I can guarantee you I will buy it.

Bryant

there are much better bands with female vocallists, Arch Enemy,
Nightwish, etc..
but they are ok i suppose,

Lacuna Coil are just lame

Metal Head Grunt said:
Man you guys who said you liked Evanescence are fucking gay and should not post here anymore. Numetal sucks ass.
Narrowminded people like you make me laugh
:lol:

anyway, I dont really like them, whatever, Everytime I turn on the TV they are on mtv2 or whatever, sick of the song... although I watch it because their singer is fucking hot. Heh he... I'll probably download some stuff.