Ever feel too old to be into extreme metal?

I'm 34 and am more into metal than ever.
About half my shirts are metal related, but I pick and choose where I wear them. I mean, I'm not gonna wear my Goatwhore shirt to WalMart. But most of my metal shirts aren't that objectionable, anyway.

On a side note, I better keep loving metal since I have the words, "Heavy Metal" tattooed on my fucking arm!

Pics or you're lying.

As for the clothing, I'm pretty basic, jeans and a band shirt....not much different than some other random guy wearing jeans and a black shirt with a picture on it.

Yes very normal, the only difference is my shirt has a zombie eating a dead corpses vagina with its head cut off.

I'm sure I'll eventually get sick of a lot of stuff I listen to today, but on a whole, no. I'd probably wear band shirts if any of them were remotely modest. I'd wear a shirt with a small Coroner logo or triskull cuz they wuz a fashionable band. Anyone that can't separate their need to project metalness to all their peers from metal itself is probably a poser tbh.

I'm 34 and am more into metal than ever.
About half my shirts are metal related, but I pick and choose where I wear them. I mean, I'm not gonna wear my Goatwhore shirt to WalMart. But most of my metal shirts aren't that objectionable, anyway.

That's the best place to wear shirts like that! lol I'll walk through Walmart with my Dying Fetus shirt. Most of the time though, nobody will know what the fuck my shirts say anyway, with the crazy fonts and shit.

Pics or you're lying.

HeavyMetal.jpg

I feel ya brother. All my ink is metal. Not necessarily albums or the words, but I've got Paul Booth, Jhonen Vasquez, HR Giger, Derek Hess, a plague doctor, and a fucking GAZA album cover on me. I can't be listening to techno and bluegrass looking like this. XD

I think I'll appreciate metal indefinitely. I never really embraced the "look" though, so no need to worry about that.

Me either. If I was in a band and was touring playing shows and writing and recording cds I'd probably dress metal, but i'm not. I'm just some Guy. I dress normal most of the time. I have two Alice in Chains shirts I actually wear, but that is it for band shirts.

I have one Black and one White shirt with skulls on them and shit, which I actually found at Old Navy. If I'm feeling like a bad ass. :lol:

I did stop wearing my "Christians to the Lions" shit around town. I got to a point were I realized it was just kind of dick-ish. I am no fan of religion, but I guess I realized I don't need to walk around town offending people/ gaining negative attention in a way that is ultimately not productive in any way.

I dont see myself ever feeling to old to listen to metal, I feel like Club/Hip hop music is more of a young person's thing. However at 27 I have stopped wearing shirts that are delibrately offensive to religion or just childish (Eg:Any Cannibal Corpse shirt). I will still rock a shirt with a great design though, it's an awesome way to find other metalheads in a non-metal enviornment like at work. Around here it can be hard to find other metal fans so if I see a bamd shirt I just have to aay "nice shirt" and an instant music discussion begins

That's the best place to wear shirts like that! lol I'll walk through Walmart with my Dying Fetus shirt. Most of the time though, nobody will know what the fuck my shirts say anyway, with the crazy fonts and shit.

One time at some grocery store I was wearing my Dying Fetus Descend in Depravity shirt and some fat Asian kid with glasses walked up to me and asked me "is that John Cena?"

Most of the shirts I buy these days are like sci-fi kind of band shirts, or ones that aren't that gory, it can be a little over the top, I just barley wear any Cannibal Corpse shirt I have

I dont see myself ever feeling to old to listen to metal, I feel like Club/Hip hop music is more of a young person's thing. However at 27 I have stopped wearing shirts that are delibrately offensive to religion or just childish (Eg:Any Cannibal Corpse shirt). I will still rock a shirt with a great design though, it's an awesome way to find other metalheads in a non-metal enviornment like at work. Around here it can be hard to find other metal fans so if I see a bamd shirt I just have to aay "nice shirt" and an instant music discussion begins

I'm 26 and sometimes feel old and sometimes feel like i'm 16 years old. I do not really see how music has anything to do with age. The older you get realise that people do listen to cds that are actually 20,30 + years old and people do not care about the constant changing of the music industry.

One time at some grocery store I was wearing my Dying Fetus Descend in Depravity shirt and some fat Asian kid with glasses walked up to me and asked me "is that John Cena?"

:lol: One time I was wearing my Dying Fetus shirt in a bar and I saw a guy and chick in a group of people looking towards me, smiling and talking about something. Then the chick came over to me and said something to the effect of, "yeah! pro-abortion!" I was like, "Yeahhhhhhh, that not what this shirt's about, it's a metal band...more power to you tho!"

Most of my shirts aren't gory either. Kinda basic metal stuff....skulls or skull variants, some sort of creature, or just the band name with no picture. I'm more into shirts that are not too colorful. Either low on color, or just black and white.

One time I was wearing a non-gay band shirt and this other dude wearing a non-gay band shirt was like "Yeah dude! Nice non-gay band shirt" and then I was like "Haha, thanks man" and walked away.

I was at a dance music club with a mate in my Psycroptic t-shirt... people kept coming up to me and giving me the horns.

Did not expect to see so many Psycroptic fans there... was pretty cool though.

They were probably doing it mockingly and had no idea what band your shirt was pimping.

I try to convey my metal side in a subtle way, for example band shirt under button up shirt so just part of it peeks through. I sometimes hope someone will ask what band shirt it is. I'll wear band shirts out though if they're simple or sci fi, for example, my black shirt that just says 'megadeth' or my dream theater shirt. I want a Vektor shirt with the outer isolation cover on it, but they're constantly sold out. Cool cover.

@Balls, nice tattoo.