Evidence of Opeth's popularity

I hear Opeth on the radio yesterday. They followed up a set including Iced Earth, In Flames, AC/DC, Judas Priest, and Immortal. The station is an indy rock station from a local college though, claiming to be "metal" I almost thought so too until they played a radio edit of Deliverance, totally cut out the acoustic parts.

look what are you some rap supporting mfer with your "biEEATCH". calling someone a sellout is calling them a sinner now you saying what you said to me because of what i said is the same as me calling them out so if you want to say something about me youre making yourself look as if your as bad as what you are saying i look. if youre not involved stay out of it. if they were sarcastic then THEY dont give a fuck. ALLRIGHT. and if you want to say i am pms ing then fuck off because all i am doing is supporting the furthest thing from a sellout on the market. and i will do that till the day i die. let it be known.

blackroseimmortal1981 said:
look what are you some rap supporting mfer with your "biEEATCH". calling someone a sellout is calling them a sinner now you saying what you said to me because of what i said is the same as me calling them out so if you want to say something about me youre making yourself look as if your as bad as what you are saying i look. if youre not involved stay out of it. if they were sarcastic then THEY dont give a fuck. ALLRIGHT. and if you want to say i am pms ing then fuck off because all i am doing is supporting the furthest thing from a sellout on the market. and i will do that till the day i die. let it be known.
lol.gif
:lol::lol:

Opeth isn't that popular in NH though. :( In New Hampshire, we get NO metal radio time. There aren't even many punk or indie stations, let alone metal stations. It really sucks... :erk:

illbeleavinnow said:
lol.gif
:lol::lol:

Opeth isn't that popular in NH though. :( In New Hampshire, we get NO metal radio time. There aren't even many punk or indie stations, let alone metal stations. It really sucks... :erk:

Exactly. Any metal that gets airtime is Nu-Metal. Sad.

Well i saw a dude with an opeth tshirt the other day, believe it or not, here in the city thats an MTV stronghold (well MTV plans to 'invade' göttingen bringing along the likes of HIM and Afrob (some rapper guy) ).

And neways i sometimes play stuff on the radio (Stadt Radio Göttingen 107,1) and a few weeks ago i played TNATSW so i subjected the ears of the inhabitants of this town to beauty, for once. :D

Well, this past Saturday I was in a Best Buy in The Woodlands, Texas (basically an outer section of Houston), and Opeth was, indeed, playing on the store speakers. After the song was over, the Best Buy "DJ" says something to the effect of "That was "enter song title here" from Opeth from their breakout album, 'Damnation.'"

Having never heard Damnation, lets just say that song didn't exactly convince me to burn $12 for the CD. It was blah.

Space_Lord said:
Dreamlord, you live in the Woodlands? Me too, and man is it a dump.

Buy Damnation though. I'm serious.

No, I do not live in The Woodlands, but pretty close. You think The Woodlands is a dump? You should take a look at my neighborhood. I live in the fucking ghetto. At least my lease ends at the end of June, then I'm getting the fuck out.