Evidence of Opeth's popularity

Dreamlord said:
No, I do not live in The Woodlands, but pretty close. You think The Woodlands is a dump? You should take a look at my neighborhood. I live in the fucking ghetto. At least my lease ends at the end of June, then I'm getting the fuck out.

Nah, it's not a dump in the traditional sense (it can be fairly nice) but the place and the people get on your nerves. More like mediocre,boring suburban hell.

What ghettos are close though, Conroe? Or Oak Ridge?

seventi said:
Well, Opeth jumped directly at spot # 5 on the Swedish hard rock list

Yeah, but that basicly means selling like 100 copies :tickled: It didn't even make the top 20 album list. Opeth is not popular in their homecountry :err:

Space_Lord said:
Nah, it's not a dump in the traditional sense (it can be fairly nice) but the place and the people get on your nerves. More like mediocre,boring suburban hell.

What ghettos are close though, Conroe? Or Oak Ridge?

OK, I understand now. I was confused because The Woodlands is like the apex of living status in the North Houston area. Crime (other than minor vandalism) is almost non-existent. Personally, i would love to live in The Woodlands. It's so damn big, you can get lost, which is what i like. Me being 25, and about to get engaged, a place like The Woodlands or say, Tomball is ideal.

Right now, my girlfriend and i live in a townhouse at I-45 and 1960. It's not really a ghetto in the "Boyz in da Hood" sense, but every now and then you can hear a gunshot, and then lots of sirens. I'm happy that none of my windows face the main street. Also, in that area it is nigh impossible to escape those fucking idiots that feel the need to share their shitty rap music with the rest of us by turning up the bass as loud as possible.

My neighbors also like to crank up the volume of their gangsta rap to volumes where it shakes the pictures on our wall. Needless to say, our neighbors are corn-rolled, wanna-be gansta, drug dealin' n*****s.

I can't wait to move. Less than two months now. We are currently looking to lease a house in the Woodlands.

Reactions: Ormir
Dreamlord said:
OK, I understand now. I was confused because The Woodlands is like the apex of living status in the North Houston area. Crime (other than minor vandalism) is almost non-existent. Personally, i would love to live in The Woodlands. It's so damn big, you can get lost, which is what i like. Me being 25, and about to get engaged, a place like The Woodlands or say, Tomball is ideal.

Right now, my girlfriend and i live in a townhouse at I-45 and 1960. It's not really a ghetto in the "Boyz in da Hood" sense, but every now and then you can hear a gunshot, and then lots of sirens. I'm happy that none of my windows face the main street. Also, in that area it is nigh impossible to escape those fucking idiots that feel the need to share their shitty rap music with the rest of us by turning up the bass as loud as possible.

My neighbors also like to crank up the volume of their gangsta rap to volumes where it shakes the pictures on our wall. Needless to say, our neighbors are corn-rolled, wanna-be gansta, drug dealin' n*****s.

I can't wait to move. Less than two months now. We are currently looking to lease a house in the Woodlands.

Hah, yeah I can see how it would be nice to leave your area (I've been around there more than once). I don't actually live in the Woodlands anymore since I'm at college. Up here I get the same shit: my apartment is in the middle of the nastiest ghetto in town. Every time I walk outside I feel like I'm going to be in a drive-by shooting, cars driving slow and people looking down on me. Lots of drug dealers and Mexican gangs too. Oh well.

Demonspell said:
The closest thing I've seen to mainstream acceptance of Opeth would be the logo scratched into a desk on my campus... :)

Hmmm... that gives me an idea...
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
muahahahahahahahahahaha....

Alright, now i Just have to find a good place to buy graffiti and a big ass carving knife.

Opeth being played at Best Buy? I went to go buy Damnation there, and though the computer said they had 3 copies, the shelf had none.

I'm not sure if i should be excited or disappointed that the best buy dj played Opeth. I mean, it's cool if they get a bigger fanbase, but if they change their style to please that fanbase (In Flames, Soilwork) then i'm going to be very very upset.

Katatonic289 said:
we get so much metal on the radio its not funny (special programs etc.)

Speak for yourself! :loco: (Or at least, your own region of Aus....)

Only the Capitals and surrounding areas get local metal shows... with the exception of Full Metal Racket (Formrley known as 3HOP :bah) of course.

Spike