Evilist sounding opeth song?

Goober

Noob
Dec 20, 2004
For me, its bleak. with the evil lyrics and dimished sound, bleak gets my pick

The evilest Opeth song is The Leper Affinity and its evil because its about having sex with lepers who are evil.

Evil? I never really though of any songs as evil, but since I'm posting, I'll make one evil and say... actually I don't know, but I wouldn't say bleak, probably sections of Orchid, I can't pick a song

Goober said:
For me, its bleak. with the evil lyrics and dimished sound, bleak gets my pick

According to Mikael the only song he has ever considered evil is To Rid the Disease.. So thats it because the only evil song... ohh and the ending guitar sound to Closure...

Hoahmaru said:
According to Mikael the only song he has ever considered evil is To Rid the Disease.. So thats it because the only evil song... ohh and the ending guitar sound to Closure...

Well, he describes it as the evilist sounding, meaning there are other evil songs :p

Id say blackwater park, or bleak. Blackwater park simply because its the only opeth song without clean vocals so to speak. i know theres a little bit in the clean section in the middle but he isnt saying any words. And bleak maybe because its fairly disharmonic and creepy the only bit that isnt evil is the fact that steven wilson sings on the middle bit.

The Grand Conjuration, the evil atmosphere just lasts through the whole song.

Karma, the 'i have gone away...' part
In Mist she Was Standing, the 'A black candle holds the only liiiiiiiight!!!' part, that scream is monstrously evil

affinityband said:
Blackwater park simply because its the only opeth song without clean vocals so to speak. i know theres a little bit in the clean section in the middle but he isnt saying any words.
When I frist heard Blackwater Park I thought that in 4:10-4:20 Mike whispers "help.....please" sounds bit that he does. It felt creepy.

You guys have basically made the comprehensive list...

The Leper Affinity
Grand Conjuration
Demon of the Wall
Dirge for November

Speaking of evil, any proficient growlers out there know any good techniques to growl like satan's love child? I've tried a few times and I cough like a bastard, perhaps its the death sticks. Any suggestions? Mikael?? Being able to growl would be great, anyone start any shit with you, just give em a guttural from the ass up