evolving beyond the generic metalhead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can you listen to that stuff, emo is one of the crappiest forms of music to walk the planet, if you want to evolve get into classical eg Wagner, Beethoven etc, or Classical Hard/Prog rock like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd. You should get into into old skool punk like the ramones rather that that emo bullcrap

Not a fan of the genre, but here are some emo/related bands that have received praise and SHOULD be along the lines of what you're searching for:

The Appleseed Cast
Thursday
Taking Back Sunday
Planes Mistaken For Stars
Coheed And Cambria
The Early November

c0h3n said:
bleh. well i guess most metalhead dont listen to anything except metal. but i already knew that.

I definitely don't like post-rock, noise, ambient, rock, classic rock, old country, or folk music at all. No siree bob.

henrikmain said:
Not a fan of the genre, but here are some emo/related bands that have received praise and SHOULD be along the lines of what you're searching for:

The Appleseed Cast
Thursday
Taking Back Sunday
Planes Mistaken For Stars
Coheed And Cambria
The Early November

Coheed and Cambria aren't even close to being related to emo. They're more post-hardcore/progressive or something like that. Their lyrics aren't emo, and not all of their songs are trendy kidpop. They have some extremely mature moments with even an epic thrust at times.

That being said, Circle Takes The Square and These Arms Are Snakes are good, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.