Interview with a Metalhead?

You have to like a fuck ton of other subpar bands to be considered in crowd (Venom, Pagan Altar, Manilla Road, pre South of Heaven Slayer (not subpar but SoH and SITA are better than anything before them), Revelation, etc)
I don't mind listening to a bit of Venom for fun actually, their first two albums were classics. I agree with you that SOH & SITA are both underrated albums, often misunderstood by your stock standard thrash fans, but Hell Awaits is fucking phenomenal, if only for the title track! Even you must like that song Ozzman!

that's not a fair statement. You dont have to live in during their time to actually worship their music.

That being said the biggest Sabbath fan i ever met was my dads late friend who had every Ozzy era Sabbath album on vinyl, tape, cd and even a few 8-tracks. He was in his 50's and had posters in his garage, books, old ticket stubs etc. He played the bass and worshiped Geezer and even had one of his bass guitars signed by him if i remember correctly. The man was also a party animal for his age. Too bad his son was a giant herbivore cunt like hbb and probably sold off all that stuff now and listens to pop on youtube or whatnot. What a damn shame that a proper man like that bred out such a pansy deadbeat.

That's not what I said my dude. I said anyone at any age can worship whatever music they like. I'm specifically talking about the phenomena where I say "I never really got much into them" and the responses are "awkward stare" and "fag is fag", presumably by people who are much too young to actually be able to tell you how sabbath changed the world of music from anything more than a purely academic standpoint.

I notoriously ranked it 6th on the Slayer poll thread in my list below God Hates Us All partially to troll everyone who literally cums on the liner insert of that album every day and partially because I get literally nothing out of that album except for the title track. If I had ranked it lower, some people here would have had a coronary.

Reactions: jimmy101
That's not what I said my dude. I said anyone at any age can worship whatever music they like. I'm specifically talking about the phenomena where I say "I never really got much into them" and the responses are "awkward stare" and "fag is fag", presumably by people who are much too young to actually be able to tell you how sabbath changed the world of music from anything more than a purely academic standpoint.
they're just fucking with you man. We call each other fags here all the time. Like for example Ozz is a giant cumguzzler ... but hes OUR cumguzzler.

Also most the people here are pretty old and would very easily be able to describe how Sabbath changed the world of music and defined heavy metal. But yeh man, not everyones a fan ... for example ozz doesnt like Ozzy era sabbath much, Eternal said hes not a huge fan of them either .. and they're both in their 30's if im not mistaken. I also have opinions that get shit on by some people here. I think Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are two the most overrated metal bands of all time and noting they have released is truly essential when it comes to heavy metal and are basically bands worshiped by people with pedestrian taste in metal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bloopy
they're just fucking with you man. We call each other fags here all the time. Like for example Ozz is a giant cumguzzler ... but hes OUR cumguzzler. Doesn't mean we hate him or are legitimately talking shit about him.

Also most the people here are pretty old and would very easily be able to describe how Sabbath changed the world of music and defined heavy metal. But yeh man, not everyones a fan ... for example ozz doesnt like Ozzy era sabbath much, Eternal said hes not a huge fan of them either .. and they're both in their 30's if im not mistaken. I also have opinions that get shit on by some people here. I think Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are two the most overrated metal bands of all time and noting they have released is truly essential when it comes to heavy metal and are basically bands worshiped by people with pedestrian taste in metal.

Sorry, but I would have taken someone who still uses the word fag derogatorily as 15 so my bad on that assumption :lol: Anyways, I'm aware how it goes. I've been into metal since about 7th grade. I know it's all about circle jerking certain albums and taking dumps on everyone who disagrees. I've not actually taken anything seriously but felt the need to clarify my position on Sabbath lol. Also, you might just be the first I've met who doesn't Maiden worship. I don't get it... I'll respect it.... but I don't get it.

To be honest I quite like the lack of political correctness here. It's refreshing.

I don't view it as a matter of political correctness so much as basic respect, but I'm not here to lecture. I just can't remember the last time I heard someone say that in real life which is why I thought he must be young. Different circles are different I suppose

Reactions: jimmy101
I don't view it as a matter of political correctness so much as basic respect, but I'm not here to lecture. I just can't remember the last time I heard someone say that in real life which is why I thought he must be young. Different circles are different I suppose
Nah, he's an old jaded cunt who's growing deaf ;-)