Excellent Belgian atmospheric black/death metal

Opethian666

Booze influenced
Sep 17, 2005
Go to www.thurisaz.be
and check out some of their songs (for the dumbasses amongst you, click enter site, then discography, then click the song names that are underlined). I think they're pretty awesome, and most people seem to have never heard of them.

I kind of liked the vocals and the way they alternate, except for that attempt to do the ultra deep growling. The black screams are really good, and the clean vocals are better than most bands that try to do this kind of stuff.

Does no one bother to check this out or does no one bother to post after they've checked it out?

Opethian666 said:
Wtf are jim henson movies?

muppets. those fuzzy puppet creatures. like sesame street? the muppets? the movie labyrinth? ring any bells?

the point is im saying its extremely cheesey and ridiculous, it sounds like a video game...how can you enjoy that?

muppets. those fuzzy puppet creatures. like sesame street? the muppets? the movie labyrinth? ring any bells?

the point is im saying its extremely cheesey and ridiculous, it sounds like a video game...how can you enjoy that?

I donno, I guess biases are stronger than one might think, since it's a band from my country, and I had read some good reviews of them. I also have very crappy speakers here on my laptop where I listened to them, so the synths don't really come out all that prominently.
Anyway, we could change this thread to discussion of good Belgian bands.
Anyone like Ancient Rites or Pantheist here?

Edit: and since I'm belgian too, my one man band probably qualifies. Circles Upon The Waters
It's a song inspired by Katatonia's Brave Murder Day, only without vocals and with drums from a program where you can't even really set them yourself. I don't have a synth or a bass or anything, so every sound you hear is a guitar.

^Final Fantasy was composed by a professional composer. And this band is terrible. Using the same tired chord progressions as most shitty melo-whatever bands.

Ten SiSi said:
^Final Fantasy was composed by a professional composer. And this band is terrible. Using the same tired chord progressions as most shitty melo-whatever bands.

that doesnt change the fact that it is music from a video game.