Explain your Stuff..

MagSec4

.:..::.: :.::..:.
Jan 14, 2003
Bogotá & New york
www.ultimatemetal.com
Another thread..
Just airing out the poor forum, which seems to have become impotent as of late..

I'd also like to encourage some new people to come and stay
I, myself, know it can be intimidating but if you persist, chances are you'll enjoy it here.

In this thread:
Explain what your username means and/or where you got it from.
Your signature, title, and current avatar; and any other thing someone might ask of you.

If this has been done before.. well.. bite me, what can I say

Reactions: fireangel
Thanks for starting this thread, MagSec4. It can be intimidating to join in all the threads that already have 3000 replies!

My user name comes from the TV show Lexx, of which I am a big fan.

I'm a female but I prefer to use gender-neutral or male user names. Don't really know why exactly, just feel more comfortable with it. hmm...*ponders*

I like the DT forum because I see very little flaming here; people seem generally respectful of one another. N00bs like me seem well-tolerated! :D

I'm also waiting patiently for Feb. 2 which is my next pay day, so I can order the DT DVD from the end records.

Okay I hope to talk to everyone some more! :wave:

My username comes from my name, Archie.
I change my avatar, title, signature, and location ever-so-often to keep things interesting.

my username is from the wheel of time saga. avvy is the cover of a vnv nation record (if i ever change it i'll use another, which is very similar and therefore easy to recognize). my title is going to change in a few minutes from this posting: the new one will be half a line from an afi song, with an ominous sound. i'll also add something to my signature, but i'm not sure what yet.

username comes from being depressed. :eek:
and i can't seem to find a decent avatar, so i might go with the smilie-one. :cool: most of the time i feel like a complete jackass :cry:, so i won't be posting much in the future either i guess. but i came here because i got fanatic about dark tranquillity. :)

First off, Hi to Everyone! *stands up* hi my name is Rob and i'm an alco... oop. Wrong locale...

Anyway, i've lurked round her for a good while now, known Ben/ Dark_Jester for a fair while also, and kinda kept an eye on this place, til one day i decided it was time to post some stupidity of my own!

Love DT and my fave album is Haven,
Username comes from the Type O Negative song Prelude to Agony / Pain,
Avatar is from the Anime Hellsing (recoloured in my fave colours)
and the Title is what i've been referred to as in my first few days of posting ;)

See yuz all on the battlefield.

my nick is my pathetic invention from the days i used to play Diablo.. so probably 3 or more years back.
i am the official idiot, official because not idiot in harmfull and irritating but stupid way.
naku is my cute imaginary friend who plays banjo.

*everyone together in a haze of alcohol withdrawal symptom* Hi Rob!

Anyway.
Nickname: from the only good thing about living up here; in the winter the northern lights is far from an unusal sight. Wonderful.
Title: I found it in a list of... I can't remember really. I just thought it sounded like it'd fit my general attitude towards life ;)
Avatar: a photo I took at La Alhambra, a moorish palace in Granada, Spain. I meant to take a photo of fish in a pond, I didn't count on the pond reflecting a tourist and some architecture as well... it's my all time favourite photo :)
Sig: a quote from Jane Austen's 'Pride And Prejudice'. Again, something I deemed fitting for my general view of life :D

MY TUUUURN!! Okay, I'm a newb here, plus I'm french. So let's clear up the myth (oh my god, here comes the french vain attitude)

Nickname: Légende. It's legend, in french (hence the é and e, oh my...) I took that nickname because in one famous french metal community on the web, I was keen on taking something hilariously common that no one would have picked yet. Legend. haha makes me big. So here I use this word again, pure lack of imagination.

Title: Visionnaire. Ok, I guess it's the same as for Legend, but I use that title because in some forums where I say simple rational lines like "music war lead by fans is not a good idea." I want people to consider it as... a vision. I speak of the thing that is not, but that can be pictured. Rrriiiight. Visionnaire!

Avatar: That picture is a drawing of myself. You can call me narcissic, but if you were able to draw such photorealistic portraits, you would be worse than me :-D

Signature: "Your soul belongs to the one who splits your tongue"
I quoted a lyric line from Härskar's yet-to-be-done album lol. I always write complicated shit on one single line. This one means that you can scream all your life spitting your venom on other people no matter the reason, in the end, you'll have dedicated your soul to them. What a waste.

username: quite much a coincidence. I happened to listen a lot to cornered ("delirium coming") and anathema´s deep ("delirious again") at the time I registered and I wasn´t able to come up with a username...

avatar: same (reason) as DeepInMisery.

signature: it´s from radiohead´s there, there. and it´s just brilliant, methinks.

xenophobe = someone who fears that which is foriegn or unknown to them.

I picked it because many of the screen names I tried to pick on a different forum because I couldn't find something more fitting, so I picked an antonym of how I really am. I don't hate people specifically, only as a whole... and I really don't do that much either. It also gets some people curious, and also puts some people off. I guess it's good that it generally gets some kind of non-Off Topic type of response, but I'm generally an outgoing person when I want to be.

Anyways, I generally lurk here, and have for close to two years now. Sometimes I'll go through a little posting spree and participate, and other times I'll just look around for days=months.

For some reason I feel most comfortable here when I'm really depressed, and need to get something off my mind. Other times I feel kind of awkward posting here. It's such a tight-knitted group that sometimes I feel like an outsider looking in through a one-way mirror... but the general intellectual and maturity level that keeps me coming back for more.

Anyways, I'm rambling. :D @ everyone I know.... :wave: @ everyone that I'm not yet familiar with

My username and the verse in my sig is connected - Child of time is a song by a band called Lefay, and the verse is from that song. Lefay is one of my fave bands and Child of time one of their best songs IMO. Simple.

The title "cursed" comes from the fact that it seems like I can't do anything right when it comes to deeper relations with the opposite gender, even though I'm goodlooking/charming (don't know why so many girls gets infatuated in me).

The avatar is a pic of the president of the European commission, Romano Prodi. I use him as a symbol for my ambitions. ;)

And the bottom line in my sig can only be explained with: :loco:

MagSec4 is a high-tech handgun from the game 'Perfect Dark' which I used to play many years ago. To this day I keep using this name for consistency.

My current avatar has an eagle, simply because it's an animal I admire much.

My title is a Fear Factory song (and the main character in the theme of that particular album)

The left part of my signature represents the Brazilian band 'Sepultura'. Classically speaking, my favorite metal band.. the band that got me into extreme metal. 'Beneath the Remains' and 'Arise' are albums I have listened to a million times and still not coming close to getting sick of them.

The right part of my signature is the almighty and sacred 1st law of thermodynamics as it applies to fluid flow across a differential volume. (Fluid Dynamics, a fundamental part of Chemical Engineering and one of the toughest courses I've ever taken)

..I'm sure you guys wouldn't care for me to explain it further :p

My user name comes from a conversation I had with Ben a long time ago where he called me Wolfman Von Jones for some reason. Nicktheclayman was thought up in about 3 seconds :p.

My sig comes from a Pantera song, and I know how much everyone LOVES Pantera in this forum :p. The song has a really positive message, and it is one of my favorites.

My avatar is a simple werewolf, and my title sucks.

Nick