Explain your Stuff..

My first time in this board. I usually am on the Borknagar and Vintersorg board.

My screen name is a combination of things...mjollnir is Thor's hammer and 1965 is the year I was born (dating myself here) My Avatar is the actual mjollnir that I wear around my neck. I am an Asatruar from America. I don't have a signature yet... I guess I should work on that!

Child of Time said:
The curse isn't that they're infatuated in me, but that I just can't handle girls that I'm interested in. :erk:

Yeah, the whole "Seventh Seal" album is amazing! Maybe "Hårga" is a little bit too long, but the rest of it...sheer pleasure.

a curse is supposed to include people turned into frogs and kingdoms under evil spells, you hear me? :yell:
but nah, seriously. it sucks, I know. god probably thought things was too easy and decided to create some non-practical genes.

it is. it is indeed. and hårga is cool as well :cool:
generally, that morgana lefay break-up came out great. not that ML was bad, but something happened there, lefay is a whole new dimension... SOS is awesome as well, not just as brilliant overall maybe. but there is when gargoyles fly, epicedium, cimmerian dream, sleepwalker, save our souls[i/] and so on...

concerning teh hammer of thor; don´t believe the foreigners, the hammer is called mjölner (yes, teh dots are here again). at least in swedish, and we all know that we are the tr00 pagans around here. :)

My name is Erik so that should be quite obvious. The title is a fitting half of a Skyclad line to go with the Skyclad avatar... and the sig is an Anathema quote I thought was quite profound.

Well, my nickname should be obvious to understand.
My custom title comes from a the Crown song I like, and the avatar is there to fit the title. I will change both soon.

My username is Profanity because I wanted the same name as I had on the official Maiden board which is where I came from so other official board refugees would recognise who I was. I put a circle over the a because it looks cool and to show that i'm a fan of the Swedish Metal scene. I originally chose the name Profanity because they are a German Death Metal who had a name I liked the sound of, German Death Metal was my obsession at the time.

name: stolen from the moonspell song "V.C. - gloria domini"

look at me and see your child
learn from your little girl
as she suicides once more
and then you have failed to be there
too involved in tuning the world's daily lecture

on the vulture culture

user text: SNAFU is an abbreviation of "situation normal, all fucked up".

avatar: well, it looked neat. and resembles the "eye in the pyramid" logo of the illuminati :)

When I registered here I tried the name Sinner, but it was already taken. Then I tried Nightcrawler, but that was reserved too. Then I just combined those two.

My avatar is from, as many of you may have noticed, from Mercyful Fate's Don't Break The Oath album. It is one of my favourite albums and the cover is pretty cool too.

Profånity said:
I put a circle over the a because it looks cool and to show that i'm a fan of the Swedish Metal scene.
Yeah? You do know that "fån" means something like "ridiculous person" in Swedish? How terribly fucking appropriate.

Reactions: mousewings
Delirious said:
concerning teh hammer of thor; don´t believe the foreigners, the hammer is called mjölner (yes, teh dots are here again). at least in swedish, and we all know that we are the tr00 pagans around here. :)

Just because you are in Sweden doesn't make you the sole authority on being a heathen. Yeah, maybe it's spelled that way in Swedish but I have seen Old Norse scripts and it's spelled that way in Old Norse! I can hail the Æsir and the Vanir here in Vinland just as well as you in Scandanavia.

mjollnir1965 said:
My first time in this board. I usually am on the Borknagar and Vintersorg board.

My screen name is a combination of things...mjollnir is Thor's hammer and 1965 is the year I was born (dating myself here) My Avatar is the actual mjollnir that I wear around my neck. I am an Asatruar from America. I don't have a signature yet... I guess I should work on that!
Hey there :D
You're ooooooooooooooooooold, does this mean you can stroke your beard as you tell us young 'uns stories about the olden days?
Welcome aboard :wave:

mjollnir1965 said:
Just because you are in Sweden doesn't make you the sole authority on being a heathen. Yeah, maybe it's spelled that way in Swedish but I have seen Old Norse scripts and it's spelled that way in Old Norse! I can hail the Æsir and the Vanir here in Vinland just as well as you in Scandanavia.
Pfffft, Old Norse! That's history! Now we're much more focused on dragging our beloved old heathen-ness kicking and screaming into the 21st century, and part of that is revolutionising spelling. Thus, no more Mjollnir but Mjölner! You know, if we didn't do this, how else could we get the youth of today to join us in unholy pagan worship? ;)

Northern Lights said:
Pfffft, Old Norse! That's history! Now we're much more focused on dragging our beloved old heathen-ness kicking and screaming into the 21st century, and part of that is revolutionising spelling. Thus, no more Mjollnir but Mjölner! You know, if we didn't do this, how else could we get the youth of today to join us in unholy pagan worship? ;)

LOL You spell it Mjölner and I will spell it Mjollnir....doesn't change my heathen heart!!

mjollnir1965 said:

hey, you were supposed to be of the "I-know-nothing-about-this-but-I-once-saw-the-name-and-thought-it-was-cool"(phew)-kind. actually knowing stuff is rude :yell:
anyway, old Norse without dots is like Finnish without eight vowels in a row :)

if I´m supposed to be a bit serious I´m not even into the whole paganism thing and therefore make no claims for or against anyone. furthermore the whole thing feels quite dead over here. there seems to have been some confusion with that infamous guy with side-comb, a silly moustache and truckloads of bad ideas in the 30/40s... :err:

Originally Posted by Delirious
if I´m supposed to be a bit serious I´m not even into the whole paganism thing and therefore make no claims for or against anyone. furthermore the whole thing feels quite dead over here. there seems to have been some confusion with that infamous guy with side-comb, a silly moustache and truckloads of bad ideas in the 30/40s...
Charlie Chaplin? :puzzled:

Delirious said:
hey, you were supposed to be of the "I-know-nothing-about-this-but-I-once-saw-the-name-and-thought-it-was-cool"(phew)-kind. actually knowing stuff is rude :yell:
anyway, old Norse without dots is like Finnish without eight vowels in a row :)

if I´m supposed to be a bit serious I´m not even into the whole paganism thing and therefore make no claims for or against anyone. furthermore the whole thing feels quite dead over here. there seems to have been some confusion with that infamous guy with side-comb, a silly moustache and truckloads of bad ideas in the 30/40s... :err:

hehe I fooled you by actually knowing something rather than wearing a hammer just to look cool! Yeah, we Asatruars over here in America go through the same shit as being associated with Nazi's, etc. It's a shame but we move on from it and I'm still a proud heathen.