Explain your Stuff..

Child of Time said:
(don't know why so many girls gets infatuated in me).

curses nowadays aren´t what they used to be :Smug:
great song, though. possibly their second best after the nothing short of magical moonlit night.

and when will ougadougou participate in this thread? I´m quite curious of the thought behind that name. :p

I guess no one's wondering about me, but here it is anyways... ;)

Nickname: I've had it for as long as I've been online. 7+ years, that is. It is actually the title of a song by Mike Oldfield which is to be found on the 'Tubular Bells II' album (track five). [psycho babble] I picked it because it described me quite well. [/psycho babble]

Avatar: Self made. Dark clouds to set some kind of gothic mood. The globe and Cerberus thingy is the logotype of a company I'm trying to get going. Lastly, the words... Well... I'll get back to you on those.

Title: A variation of 'Intel Inside'. It described me pretty well back then.

Signature: You should recognize it... :Smug:

EDIT: Those words are "courage", "love" and "death".

It's been a while since I've explained my stuff, so here goes nothing:

I chose my nick back in 1997/8 for two reasons: I wanted an evil nick and spent an hour or so thinking about a suitable villain from cinema/literature (Darth Vader, Sauron, Mordred, etc.) finding none of them really fitting me; and as my real first name is pretty close to villain, I just decided to give up and call myself just a nameless evil character at the old Theatre of Tragedy forum - and it stuck.

My title stems from the days when I used to answer all DT-related newbie-questions here, feeling disappointed every time someone else was quicker than me (not so anymore). I also wrote a short DT-biography (not updated since 2001), as I had huge amounts of free time back then. Definitely not so anymore.

My avatar is Gandalf (by John Howe, unless my memory fails me). I thought it would fit the Doctor Tranquillity image, and I'm also a big Tolkien-fan.

Btw, I used to have the image of Alucard (the same dude as in JackhammerRape's pic) as my avatar before the Gandalf, but then I realized that there are dozens of anime-shows I like better than Hellsing. If I had the time to search for a new Avatar, I would get some anime-character for sure.

My signature is at the moment far more current than it was for the last three years, when I could use the connections at my school's computer-class (even on weekends). Now I'm behind a slow modem once again, and it is really a pain in the ass.

-Villain

Delirious said:
and when will ougadougou participate in this thread? I´m quite curious of the thought behind that name. :p
:wave:

VultureCulture said:
ouagadougou is in fact the capital of the country burkina faso, which lies in africa.
this is true :p i was looking at the map one day, and found ouagadougou. i thought it was the dumbest, yet coolest, name for a city ever :p

my title is from a finnish comedy show :cool: apina is a monkey, and i actually have no idea what "apinaa koijataan" means. Ormir told me once, but i can't remember anymore

my avatar is an orangutan. i love orangutans and therefore i have one in my avatar.

i like stars and colors. so i have stars and colors in my sig. :p

name: my real name
title: adapted from a maudlin of the well album
sig: funny quote and a fact, that I've had The Jester Race in my CD player for that long. soon my sig will be the 4 album covers again linking to band sites ( Enter Chaos - Aura Sense, Krisiun - ??? (forgot it :(), Mortician - Hacked Up For Barbecue, Detonation - An Epic Defiance vinyl, artwork by Niklas (same with Enter Chaos))

can anyone tell what my avatar is?

Name: A nickname that my friends gave me.

Title: It sort of represents the fact that I have a lot of morals, and society in general seems to be going to hell. :)

Sig: Amazing words from a philosopher that I wish I could have fresh in my mind at all times.

Delirious said:
curses nowadays aren´t what they used to be :Smug:
great song, though. possibly their second best after the nothing short of magical moonlit night.

The curse isn't that they're infatuated in me, but that I just can't handle girls that I'm interested in. :erk:

Yeah, the whole "Seventh Seal" album is amazing! Maybe "Hårga" is a little bit too long, but the rest of it...sheer pleasure.

Lemme see...

Nick came from like 8th grade, when me and my friends realized that Argyle was the most horriffic name ever. It kinda stuck on me from there. It's actually from the movie Braveheart (Uncle Argyle) or Die Hard 1 (the black limousine driver).

My avatar is ripped from the finnish humppa orchestra Eläkeläiset. It's a little logo they use on gig posters and t-shirts. If you don't know Eläkeläiset, it's damn hard to explain the whole thing...

The title. Well... Some healthy self-criticism involved in being a "bass artist"...
Just like considering yourself a poet after writing some teenangst lyrics, like I of course do.

Signature, ripped from Tyler Durden at the moment. My idol in life.

Well, lets see.
Name comes from a band that's been one of my fav's for the past 5 or 6 years now, and 84 for my birth year, cause someone else stole just Kovenant.
Title?... lol, probably just comes from my inability to do anything for any period of time and the humor of ambiguity.
Sig... been a while since I looked, but part is usually a song lyric, and the other part is in remeberance of a friend of mine from high school who died back in November.

~Kovenant (I'd assume the avatar is kinda obvious :p )

nick: when i was 15, my dad used to have an opinion of me that was way too good. so he used to bring me to some meetings he had with other uni professors, decent-ranking clergy and stuff, where they would discuss what philosophical stances the catholic church should take on a number of issues. i'd listen and try not to talk unless specifically asked to, which unfortunately happened at least once per meeting, with resulting idiocy on my part. so one night i was asked to comment about something - can't remember what - and i wanted to say something concerning existential inclination to mistrust, but what i came up with was "the world is full of hyenas". everyone thought, to my surprise, that my quip was teh funny, and i have been quoted several times wrt the sentence. hyenas stuck with me, and entered all my internet life, from the first email addy on.

avvy: obviously, a hyena. from 'the lion king'.

title: it's 'thinking' because i'm going through a phase of heavy studying, the kind that requires you to actually understand what you read. so i have to think, or at least i think so.

sig: from a song by snuff, it refers to my current atempts of extricating myself from an evil, dangerous, unlucky, hopeless yet compelling sentimental situation.

Nick: it means silent, and i'm a silent person, so..

Avy: a drawing i like (from a card game)

Title: i put it once that i was talking with ben

Sig: 3 parts: a) i just changed it back to what it was before, a song by katatonia. b) a story about opening the coat and screaming bat in the middle of the street to scare people. c) something about thanny :p

Reactions: Tebus
The Grand Wazoo said:
Shut up. :p You know thats not true, right? :'(
Yeah, I know... Don't know why I said that...

The Grand Wazoo said:
"Eternal Sorrow Inside" ? :p
Yup. Eternal. It felt that way back when I came up with that title... And hush, you're blowing my cover. ;)

The Grand Wazoo said:
You're welcome. Those words meant (and still mean) a lot to me...