Explain your Stuff..

Cool thread...provides for some glimpses into people's psyche...

Name: my initials (RR). Contrary to popular opinion, it has nothing to do with r2 from "Star Wars".

Avatar: Just a cool picture that I copied off the web about five years ago. If anyone knows where it's from, please tell me.

Signature: One of my favorite quotes from the "De-Motivational" series of posters. Check out despair.com for some great sarcastic humor. Then check out successories.com to put it in perspective and laugh that much harder.

ok my turn to go...

Strider is the nickname given to Aragorn by the people of Bree and surroundings in the Lord of the Rings. I'm a big Tolkien fan, and I love this character. I've been using one form or another (mainly the italian translation, Grampasso) as a nick for something like more than ten years now, so I stick with it even if I now have found characters I love more.

Title is another thing related to the character of Aragorn. I guess you all know the story... I just didn't find anything fun to put there but didn't want to leave it blank.

Avatar is a picture I found on the net of the King of Dreams, Morpheus aka the Sandman. Neil Gaiman is one of my favourite writers in any field. I love almost everything he'd done.

Sig is a sentence I saw in a video by the british rock band Manic Street Preachers. I don't care 'bout them, but the words stuck in my mind. They are quite fitting me... both in a religious (I am an atheist) and in a more general way. It represents my will to be myself in everything.

Somber Soul said:
Sandman is great! Nice avatar you have there.

Sandman is great indeed! with this opus, Gaiman crafted something I think will be remembered for a long time. It is art in its purest form, something capable of stirring deep emotions in the reader, be it horror, delight (delirium) or sympathy for the characters, really immersive.
and it's just plain fun: I love Delirium!

so, to Neil Gaiman: :worship:

Delirium is fun with her floating fishy! But Death is really cute. And so calm and empathic. I would like her as girlfriend. Well, then again, no. *ggg* As you say, there's so much in the Sandman series. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. It took me on a fabulous journey. I've also read the spin-off series Luficer, which I can recommend as well.

Somber Soul said:
I've also read the spin-off series Luficer, which I can recommend as well.

mmm I don't know it... it isn't by Gaiman, is it?
I ought to search the web for it... I like Gaiman's take on Lucifer

No, it isn't by Gaiman. It is by Mike Carey who I believe also collaborated on Sandman. But believe me, this series is very much in the spirit of Gaiman's work and Lucifer is portrayed like in the original Sandman series. Very nice! There are little crossovers here and there...Death appears, Morpheus is mentioned etc. The series is collected in 6 trade paperbacks, the 7th coming out in a few months. The title is still ongoing, by the way.

Ive never done this so, I will now.

Nick
King Chaos is that evil Bastard from the rhapsody concepts. I only really chose the name because I wanted people to know Im into powermetal, and I liked the soud of it. I dont like chaos though, and I dont really like the character... so Im not really a king of any chaos... now I think about it, its a stupid name.

Title
Well it's probably just that its my favourite album of the year. Dragonforce's new awesome effort "Sonic Firestorm". It describes the music I love and the music of the DF album... also I love storms and weathery stuff so it links to that in a self explanatory way.

Went to the whispering wood about 2 leagues from where I live, me an my friends were on a quest at the time and we came across this biatch of a tree. Every tree in the forest had a face on it and they all faced in to the middle of the wood, therefore you dont notice them till you're bang slap in the center. I took a photo of this one, as you can see it chose not to smile when I said "cheese" (fucking lame joke) and I messed with the colours a bit on some photo editing program.

Sig
I think it's a pretty trueish quote from the Song Of Ice & Fire series. The Hound says it to sansa in one of the coolest parts of the second book. It really sent a chill down my spine and I love The Hound more for saying it. It used to be a Dalai Lama quote followed by a pic from Ichi the killer... once again me just trying to show off how "Cultured" I am.

KC said:
we came across this biatch of a tree. Every tree in the forest had a face on it and they all faced in to the middle of the wood, therefore you dont notice them till you're bang slap in the center. I took a photo of this one
Haha, dude, I had no idea what your avatar was supposed to be of.

KC said:
me an my friends were on a quest at the time
:tickled: for what?