Fall 2012 North American tour

Just talked to C. She is having an amazing time at the show tonight in Anaheim! She gave the band the OSA shirts and they LOVED them!! :) Can't wait for her to get back and post her full update! She said she'd let me know the setlist soon and whether or not the OSA get a dedication!

Update:
She got them to dedicate Dead to the World to the OSA!!! Hopefully vids soon!

Just talked to C. She is having an amazing time at the show tonight in Anaheim! She gave the band the OSA shirts and they LOVED them!! :) Can't wait for her to get back and post her full update! She said she'd let me know the setlist soon and whether or not the OSA get a dedication!

Update:
She got them to dedicate Dead to the World to the OSA!!! Hopefully vids soon!

Here you go

Last edited by a moderator:
Also: I posted the video to the OSA's various social media (Tumblr mainly as I don't have access to the others - I'm sure someone or C will do that as soon as she gets back.) As always, credit is given. :)

Here you go

Watched all your Anaheim videos tonight already. Thank you very much for shooting them, the quality is awesome. :worship:

Now, seems that the guys have pumped a load of steroids in their game. Or perhaps it's only a natural consequence of Floor's presence :Smokedev:

Whatever, the Anaheim gig looks quite incredible, even it is only the fourth for Floor fronting the band. They all seem to be on fire from start to the end. And if my ears didn't deceive me, they have made some re-arrangements for some of the songs already to help Floor perform them without need to hold herself back.

I can't wait to see what she is cabable of after "practicing" the rest of US dates when she'' hit the stage at Hartwall Areena Helsinki next month.

^Second to that - incredible performances indeed! And thanks for the vids, DVDvamp, superb quality! Damn, this is getting me all pumped up for the Hki show...

Anaheim show rocked, so glad my brother and I came from Iowa to see them. Love tommy and new kamelot should kick some a$$. Floor nailed the show, bass was loud and thumping from our spot and OSA got a big shoutout

Finland's biggest daily Helsingin Sanomat published a praising pre-review of the Sand Diego show, full report to come out on Monday: http://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/Nighwishin+uusi+solisti+vakuutti+San+Diegossa/a1305604015329?ref=fb-share

Some tidbits:

(headline) "Nightwish's new vocalist convincing in Sand Diego"

"Judging by this show, the band may be in the hardest-hitting shape of its career since the top years in the early 2000s."

"The male-dominated crowd of Americans and Finns was completely blown away."

"The high notes of Planet Hell, from an older album Once, were entirely clean and during Ghost River, from the newest Imaginaerum album, the band, as if a sea of swinging hair, looked and sounded like a close-to-perfect metal group."

^Forgot to point it out: the headline of course shouldn't be taken as any sort of confirmation of Floor's future status, i.e. termporary or permanent. I just thought it might be interesting for folks here to hear about Finnish reviews.

"Some of you may belong to this obscure cult." Hahaha

LOL, a couple of people asked me how I felt about that, and I think it's great! I loved it! :lol:

What I also thought was awesome was when Marco said "by the show of hands"; since I was in the very front I had no way of knowing that other people in the audience were showing their support too, so that was killer!

I promise that a (very long) review of both shows will be posted, along with pictures. There's a lot to go through, so please bear with me!

David: Your videos are fantastic, as always, and I couldn't think of anyone better to have captured this milestone moment in our history. Speaking of which, our 9-year-anniversary is in just one week, and needless to say this very special dedication to our "obscure cult" from Nightwish themselves is a special gift indeed!

And of course, the biggest thanks of all to the band, but especially Marco and Tuomas for making this happen for us!

"Some of you may belong to this obscure cult." Hahaha

LOL, a couple of people asked me how I felt about that, and I think it's great! I loved it! :lol:

What I also thought was awesome was when Marco said "by the show of hands"; since I was in the very front I had no way of knowing that other people in the audience were showing their support too, so that was killer!

It's like I said in a previous post, I'm sure Marco was dedicating it to all Oceansouls IN America rather than the Oceansouls OF America. So saying an "obscure cult" was meant to be a joke, as everyone in the audience belonged to that "cult".

Though I also said it makes no difference as the original intent was clearly a dedication to the OSA itself :)

Went to the show in Tempe last night. It was fantastic. Check out the setlist on setlist.fm, it was pretty similar to the rest of the tour. However, they did play Ever Dream and it was epically good. The crowd chanted "Floor" for about 30 seconds after her performance on that song. A little too much new album for my taste (and they sadly skipped Dead To The World), but it was a great night.

Kamelot was top notch, but I wish their set was an hour longer! Would have loved to have heard some more Black Halo, Karma, Epica, etc. with Tommy at the helm. I only saw Kamelot once with Roy, but Tommy's performance was vastly superior.

All I can say is that the Replacement Vocalist World Tour 2012 is a resounding success in my book.

Also, here's a video I took of The Islander: