Fall US tour 2008

Outstanding, they are coming to Kansas City. Ok, next problem is no one I know likes the band... normally my wife would be a good sport and go along but she'll be 9 months preggo, so looks like I'll be going solo. Oh well, I'll just have to watch my beer intake.

The place they are coming to is a pretty small venue, I hope they don't do the typical thing that most metal bands do and play way too loud so you can't hear the music and it becomes a wall of indistinguishable mush. The only band I've heard in a small venue that didn't do this was Iced Earth a few years back, I hope I can add Opeth to that list.

what songs do you guys think they will play on the US tour? Do any of you know what they are playin on their shows right now in europe? and does opeth change their setlist a lot? I def. want to be prepared when I am about to see Opeth live.

what songs do you guys think they will play on the US tour? Do any of you know what they are playin on their shows right now in europe? and does opeth change their setlist a lot? I def. want to be prepared when I am about to see Opeth live.

dont worry, the first gig of the US tour's setlist will be posted here either that night or the next day. I too am excited and want to find out the setlist.

Bought tickets for the 10/24 show in Raleigh at the lincoln theater. Anyone been to this venue? looks like a shithole from the website picture.

Actually, I saw Opeth there probably around three years ago. Devin Townsend Band was opening. I wouldn't say its the ideal place to see a band, but the sound was good and there was plenty of room in front of the stage for standing, moshing, etc. The place is kinda rickety overall, and the spaces on either side of the bar leading from the front of the club to the stage area are too narrow and get overcrowded with people coming and going and standing to watch the show. But there was definitely nothing about it that would make me have second thoughts about seeing a good band there, particularly Opeth.

Expect a capacity crowd, by the way. I was going to put off buying my tickets, but typing this made me remember that there were about 20 people in front of the club trying to get people to sell them their tickets. I think I'll go grab mine now.

how in the frekain hell u dont come to TX on a majot tour is beyond me.....so yeah Mikey if u listnein.....bring ure frosty lil asses here......San Antonio would even do......but an ideal date in Austin would slay.....ive seen you guys live twice......cant get enough.......PEAC EOUT

If they want a crazy, rowdy crowd, san antonio is where to go.

austin ppl are so much more tame (read pussies ;)), but i'd still expect to see an influx of san antonians at the austin show.

If they want a crazy, rowdy crowd, san antonio is where to go.

austin ppl are so much more tame (read pussies ;)), but i'd still expect to see an influx of san antonians at the austin show.

i'd so be there if they were playing at the white rabbit but i guess i'll be taking a trip up to austin

Actually, I saw Opeth there probably around three years ago. Devin Townsend Band was opening. I wouldn't say its the ideal place to see a band, but the sound was good and there was plenty of room in front of the stage for standing, moshing, etc. The place is kinda rickety overall, and the spaces on either side of the bar leading from the front of the club to the stage area are too narrow and get overcrowded with people coming and going and standing to watch the show. But there was definitely nothing about it that would make me have second thoughts about seeing a good band there, particularly Opeth.

Expect a capacity crowd, by the way. I was going to put off buying my tickets, but typing this made me remember that there were about 20 people in front of the club trying to get people to sell them their tickets. I think I'll go grab mine now.

Thanks for the info!:headbang:

I saw just recently on a Prog Archieves website that Opeth is scheduled to play at the Palladium in Worchester, MA on September 19th, 2008 but can't find anything on their current tour list (only shows through June). Does anyone know anything about this ?

Thanks,

skimess :headbang:

I bought my Seattle tickets today.

Some shows are doing presales, or are onsale right now:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/864277

Pollstar shows this:
Tue 09/16/08 Buffalo, NY Town Ballroom
Wed 09/17/08 Philadelphia, PA Trocadero Theatre
Thu 09/18/08 New York, NY Nokia Theatre Times Square
Fri 09/19/08 Worcester, MA The Palladium
Sat 09/20/08 Quebec City, QC Imperial Du Quebec
Sun 09/21/08 London, ON Centennial Hall
Tue 09/23/08 Cleveland, OH House Of Blues
Wed 09/24/08 Chicago, IL House Of Blues
Thu 09/25/08 Grand Rapids, MI Orbit Room
Fri 09/26/08 Milwaukee, WI The Rave Eagles Club
Sat 09/27/08 Saint Paul, MN Myth
Mon 09/29/08 Winnipeg, MB Garrick Centre
Tue 09/30/08 Saskatoon, SK The Odeon
Wed 10/01/08 Edmonton, AB Edmonton Event Centre
Fri 10/03/08 Vancouver, BC Commodore Ballroom
Sat 10/04/08 Seattle, WA Showbox At The Market
Mon 10/06/08 San Francisco, CA Grand Ballroom At Regency Center
Tue 10/07/08 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern
Wed 10/08/08 Las Vegas, NV House Of Blues
Thu 10/09/08 Tempe, AZ The Marquee
Fri 10/10/08 Albuquerque, NM Sunshine Theatre
Sat 10/11/08 Denver, CO Ogden Theatre
Mon 10/13/08 Saint Louis, MO The Pageant
Tue 10/14/08 Kansas City, MO Beaumont Club
Wed 10/15/08 Dallas, TX House Of Blues
Thu 10/16/08 Austin, TX The Monarch
Fri 10/17/08 Houston, TX Warehouse Live
Sat 10/18/08 New Orleans, LA House Of Blues
Mon 10/20/08 Fort Lauderdale, FL Revolution
Tue 10/21/08 Lake Buena Vista, FL House Of Blues
Wed 10/22/08 Atlanta, GA Center Stage
Thu 10/23/08 Cincinnati, OH Bogart's
Fri 10/24/08 Raleigh, NC Lincoln Theatre
Sat 10/25/08 Norfolk, VA NorVa
Sun 10/26/08 Baltimore, MD Rams Head Live!
Wed 11/26/08 Brussels, BEL Ancienne Belgique

Ticketmaster isn't selling tickets to the show at the Palladium. Go to the Palladium's website, and they'll direct you from there.