Fall US tour 2008

Well, like I stated earlier, I was born here. But, I've always felt out of place.....uncomfortable here. I've lived in a few other states, but it was when I was under 16, and had no choice about where I lived. Every job I've ever had, except 3 were outside. And the ones that I had inside, involved working in restaurants, working in the kitchen, over broilers and grills. So the heat/humidity here, I can take better than anyone. As for hurricanes, yeah, we rarely have them go across Florida. No big deal anyway, like anywhere else on earth in whatever weather, it's a roll of the dice with various kinds of storms. You either get fucked, and lose a lot, or you luck out, and you go unscathed. Why am I still here? 2 things....past girlfriends, and 1 ex-wife usually wanted to stay here. The other, simply put- not enough money, and a string of badly timed financial bad luck. And about the Swedish women wearing a lot of clothes, well, I don't see how that's a big deal. You have to remove the wrapper to get to the candy, right? They do wear sexy clothes indoors, I'm sure from time to time. I have the same kind of friends here, man. They are all from up north, and complain, but who doesn't? The low cost of living here, compared to up north is the reason they move here. And that will not ever change, because in all honesty, that's what created most jobs here over the last 30 years....construction (home building, roads/highways, bingo centers...etc...)to accomadate them. If they didn't move here, we would just have seasonal tourism, and that would be the only kind of jobs (and not a lot of jobs as well) there would be. And it's great to have a variety of friends from somewhere else, anyway. Imagine if all of your friends or all of mine were from Florida....no offense to rednecks, (I actually have 2 redneck friends that are decent guys) but too many of them would drive me insane! Are you going to see Opeth next time around? maybe Orlando? We can hang out, and bitch/compliment and laugh about Florida!

Are you going to see Opeth next time around? maybe Orlando? We can hang out, and bitch/compliment and laugh about Florida!

Absolutely, bro! 10/21/08 at the House of Blues in Orlando, ticket presale starts Wed. 7/16 @ 10:00 am and I will be there! Let's try to get as many of the Florida Forum junkies together as possible when the show gets a little closer & we'll hang, have a few drinks and have a blast(beat)!

First round is on me! :kickass:

Hey guy's,
According to an entertainment newspaper here in upstate ny, Opeth will be in Buffalo,NY at the Town Ballroom on September 18th with High On Fire and tickets go on sale July 19th at all Tickets.com locations.:headbang:

Come to TEXAS....please.....i really wanna see u guys....heck we're a huge state...how can u miss us...!!!!....PEAC EOUT

o please, for the love of God, play the 9:30 Club in DC and not that craphole Jaxx in VA. 9:30 will sell out in one hour and plus it's metro accessible. and Baroness???? OMG, yes, bring them too!

so far...

United States Of America (1 - 5 of 5)
Wed, 09/24/08
05:00 PM House of Blues Chicago
Chicago, IL Opeth
More Info »
presale begins:
Wed, 07/16/08 10:00 AM
Fri, 09/26/08
08:00 PM Eagles Club/The Rave/Eagles Ballroom
Milwaukee, WI Opeth
More Info »
on sale:
Sat, 07/19/08 10:00 AM
Wed, 10/08/08
05:00 PM House of Blues Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV Opeth
More Info »
on sale:
Thu, 07/17/08 10:00 AM
Tue, 10/21/08
06:30 PM House of Blues Orlando
Orlando, FL Opeth
More Info »
presale begins:
Wed, 07/16/08 10:00 AM
Wed, 10/22/08
08:00 PM Center Stage Theatre
Atlanta, GA Opeth
More Info »
on sale:
Fri, 07/18/08 12:00 PM

Needs Philadelphia... Prognation skipped us... bastards.

No they didn't. They did a date in New Jersey that was less than 5 minutes away from Philly. It's like a New York fan complaining they were skipped when they played in East Rutherford, NJ.

Absolutely, bro! 10/21/08 at the House of Blues in Orlando, ticket presale starts Wed. 7/16 @ 10:00 am and I will be there! Let's try to get as many of the Florida Forum junkies together as possible when the show gets a little closer & we'll hang, have a few drinks and have a blast(beat)!

First round is on me! :kickass:
<---- Floridian
I saw them in Orlando for the Prog Nation tour, but I think this go I'll be hitting up the Atlanta show. I hate Orlando. Sorry haha :p

<---- Floridian
I saw them in Orlando for the Prog Nation tour, but I think this go I'll be hitting up the Atlanta show. I hate Orlando. Sorry haha :p

I'd probably rather do Atlanta too, I've been to a bunch of shows up there. Where's Opeth playing, The Masquerade?

No they didn't. They did a date in New Jersey that was less than 5 minutes away from Philly. It's like a New York fan complaining they were skipped when they played in East Rutherford, NJ.

still could have stopped by philadelphia because I mean it is the city of brotherly love. They could have played at Tower Theatre or Electric Factory. Tower Theatre is where DT plays everytime. W/e hopefully opeth comes some where in phily next time...