Fall US tour 2008

According to HMV, High on Fire is playing a show in Vancouver in 10/24.
Reaaally hope that it's not part of the Opeth tour, because they're
supposedly playing a venue that is 19+. Which would blow.

Well.... you got over 4 months,so get to work on growing that mustache, man!!:)

You guys realize that Philly did get a Progressive Nation date, right? Fine, it wasn't technically in Philadelphia but it was right across the river, easily accessible for anybody in the area.

I'm hoping for a CT date, last time Opeth did a headlining tour in the states they stopped by Hartford. Either that or the Chance Theater in Poughkeepsie would be in ideal driving distance for me.

You guys realize that Philly did get a Progressive Nation date, right? Fine, it wasn't technically in Philadelphia but it was right across the river, easily accessible for anybody in the area.

I'm hoping for a CT date, last time Opeth did a headlining tour in the states they stopped by Hartford. Either that or the Chance Theater in Poughkeepsie would be in ideal driving distance for me.

I'd go to a CT show, since my family lives down there. I'd rather see them in Maine/NH though. Sorry :saint:.

i don't suppose there's any chance they will play in birmingham, al? that's the closest possible venue to where i live, but it would still cost me a couple of hundred dollars just to drive there, the way gas prices are, let alone the ticket prices themselves. and there's not a group of friends i can go with, i don't have any friends that have even heard of opeth, or even like that kind of music, i would have to take the time off of work and i would need at least 3 months advance notice for that, then i would lose the money i would have made working, plus i barely make enough money to keep gas in my tank for 2 wks. i'm sorry, but i simply cannot afford to see opeth live, even if they did come within 100 miles of where i live. but i don't think that makes me any less of an opeth fan, just because i can't see them live. i can watch vids on youtube, but i guess that's the closest i'll ever get to being able to see them live.

Dude, what the fuck part of Florida are you in?! Zephyr Hills? lol

The Florida I'm used to is the one with beaches loaded with hot, tanned women basically year 'round, where you can wear shorts and enjoy being outdoors and on the water in December, where there's an endless list of things to do and shows to check out.

I'll tell you one thing I definitely DO know... while you're freezing your pasty butts off for half the year in Stockholm, I'm waterskiing, fishing, golfing, layin' around on the beach in Daytona takin' in all the nubile, fine local fauna!

Screw living anywhere that sees that much snow, I lived in Iowa for two years when I was a kid, and let me tell ya, for me... Hell is being landlocked in the damned snow!

Sorry, he's right...Florida sucks balls. Hurricanes, stiffling hot summers, no scenery to speak of...unless you like palm trees, and most people in this state are 70 years old. And talking trash about Swedish women? Have you ever seen some of the babes that come out of that area?!

Anyways, he did promise to come back to Orlando in October so hopefully that date is true. I will be there! Hopefully I'm not the only one headbanging at the whole venue this time.

edit: Just checked ticketmaster, guess the FL date is for real. House of Blues, hmm never been there. Anyone have some info on the place? Please tell me it's not seated.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/864277

opeth is apparently scheduled for atlanta, ga on oct 22, does anyone live near there, i would so love to hook up with someone who is planning on going to that show!!! i'll even pay for some of the gas!! lol, i'm dying to see them, i never have before. does anyone else on the forum live near atlanta and wants to see that show???

Sorry, he's right...Florida sucks balls. Hurricanes, stiffling hot summers, no scenery to speak of...unless you like palm trees, and most people in this state are 70 years old. And talking trash about Swedish women? Have you ever seen some of the babes that come out of that area?!

Anyways, he did promise to come back to Orlando in October so hopefully that date is true. I will be there! Hopefully I'm not the only one headbanging at the whole venue this time.

edit: Just checked ticketmaster, guess the FL date is for real. House of Blues, hmm never been there. Anyone have some info on the place? Please tell me it's not seated.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/864277

HOB is the best venue in Orlando...It is not seated, however there are balcony seats you can pay extra for. It is smaller than the Hard Rock, but much better. I have seen Opeth play here before and been to many other shows here and the sound is great.

It's funny...House of Blues has started having Death Metal there again, after they stopped it for a little while. I predicted they would regret that decision. The biggest attendence involving HOB, is when us metal fans go to HOB! I've seen Opeth there twice. Great place to see a band, as long as you don't get stuck behind the pillars. I'll be there greivOr. I wanted to see them in Orlando as well as the Clearwater show I went to, on the recent PN tour. I only could afford the Clearwater show, though.

It's funny...House of Blues has started having Death Metal there again, after they stopped it for a little while. I predicted they would regret that decision. The biggest attendence involving HOB, is when us metal fans go to HOB! I've seen Opeth there twice. Great place to see a band, as long as you don't get stuck behind the pillars. I'll be there greivOr. I wanted to see them in Orlando as well as the Clearwater show I went to, on the recent PN tour. I only could afford the Clearwater show, though.

I guess they're reopening the Avalon in Boston as a HOB later this year or sometime next year. I've never been in one, but I guess it's supposed to hold about 2500 people and be a complex with restaurants and the like.

Do they tend to be all ages venues? I'd love to see some metal bands there.

Great, its real nice to hear that its a good venue. While I liked Hard Rock because it was a lot smaller than I expected with a nice big bar nearby, the sound sucked! Wasn't nearly loud enough and was very muddy. Here's to getting gnarly in Orlando, we have to make up for the lame ass crowd on the PN tour!

Great, its real nice to hear that its a good venue. While I liked Hard Rock because it was a lot smaller than I expected with a nice big bar nearby, the sound sucked! Wasn't nearly loud enough and was very muddy. Here's to getting gnarly in Orlando, we have to make up for the lame ass crowd on the PN tour!

agreed

Hey bud, just returning fire. And, for the record, I LIKE it hot! FUCK the cold, fuck shoveling snow and fuck having to wear 30 lbs of clothing just to keep from freezing your balls off for six months out of the year! And sure, there are plenty of hot Swedish babes, you just don't get to see much of 'em in thongs on the beach in December over there, do ya? "Scenery"?! Have you ever actually been to the beach?! I'm not sure exactly what kind of Ansel Adams moment you're trying to capture, but that's pretty much "scenery" enough for me!

Man, do you guys ever live in the wrong part of the state! All the old, retired fucking northerners live south of Orlando. Here around the Daytona/Jacksonville area the ratio is normal to better-than-average. Oh yeah, speaking of hurricanes, due to the layout of the state and the flow of the jetstream, we haven't suffered anything worse than a glancing blow from a hurricane here in 42 years! And I fucking LOVE palm trees! I guess I just dig being outside a lot more than you guys do.

Hey, to each his own, I suppose... but I do have to offer you the same question I offer all of my other transplanted/grass-is-always-greener friends who incessantly bitch about the heat, hurricanes, etc.; if it sucks so bad here compared to the vastly superior northeast :lol:, A.) Why do you live here, and B.) why the hell is everyone else from up there still moving down here in record numbers? (I never have gotten much of an answer on that one, so don't feel too bad if you don't have one, either...) The biggest problem I see with this state is that it won't put a moratorium on all new development required to support the insane influx of (mostly) either full-on transplant or "snowbird" northerners. The state's infrastructure has already been woefully overtaxed by the ludicrous number of people apparently overwhelmed by the desire to "suck balls" by moving to Florida on a daily basis, and shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon, "recession" be damned.

That said, see ya in O-Town on the 21st! :headbang::kickass: